[A16] [ModCollection] The Essentials ≈ 150 mods, right-ordered.

Started by ambivalence, January 07, 2017, 05:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ambivalence

Description:

Actually, these are just the mods I'm playing with and this is the reason I've decided not to name it a "modpack", intentionally.  I really care about the balance and hate any sorts of cheating. You may take a look at modlists below, if you want to be sure it fits for you. It was published just to save some time for you and one of its strong sides is the update's frequency. Personally, I do know how much time does it need to find a precious modification and to place it with the right order to play without any bugs. I hope it will solve your problem.

Legal policy:

If you are an author of mods contained in the archive and you want me to exclude them, please name their folders and I'll do it as fast as possible. Once again, this is my private mod-collection -- no more, no less. All the rights are yours. If you have found your mod in it, I should thank you a lot. You -- yes, you -- made my playing experience perfect.

What does it contain?

The most current and right-ordered modlist can be found here (html with descriptions).

Does it contain «Combat Realism»?

No, it doesn't. There are no overhaul modifications in it, so you won't see any muffalo-riding spidermen. It will be a vanilla-like feeling on steroids.

Does it make the game harder?

Oh, yes. Your begining could be a really tough one. However, it is a survival, am I right?

Update policy:

a) This mod collection is absolutely dynamical. It updates automatically every time I run the game, so it will always be up-to-date. Until I quit, of course.
b) The mods from "294100" folder are the newest ones - due to some well known reasons. See the instructions inside.
c) Those ones from the "Mods" folder are updating too, but without that lighting-fast speed.
d) Not everything is activated by ModsConfig file. The mods disabled by default need careful checks for compatibility and balance.
e) WARNING: some of these modifications — and I've tried to mark them — was forked a bit by me for my personal gameplay. No big changes — just some def-corrections for greater compatibility, so, for example, some mods will use technologies connected between each other. If you deem it the reason you want your mod to be excluded from the collection, please name its folder.

You can get it from these sources:

google.drive | yandex.drive (not the yellow one)
(dropbox is down because of the high traffic here)

I'm also going to write a batch script so you will be able to update your mods automatically if needed.
Reports and suggestions are welcome.

SteelRev

How did you get prepare for romance working.  It was bugged when I tried it and figured that was why it didn't have a forum post that I could find.

ambivalence

What kind of bugs did you have? I'm playing with dev-mode on, auto-pausing everytime some errors detected, but it seems to work alright. At least, I saw some heart-symbols few times + had one romance between a couple of pawns.

carpediembr

Quote from: ambivalence on January 07, 2017, 05:11:36 PM
No, it doesn't. There are no overhaul modifications in it, so you won't see any muffalo-riding spidermen. It will be a vanilla-like feeling on steroids.

... Includes: Call of Cthulhu - Cosmic Horrors V1.5 A16

123nick

what mods are from 294100 ? that is the steam app-ID for rimworld.

ambivalence

Quote from: carpediembr on January 07, 2017, 06:47:34 PM

That's fair :) I was going to exclude it a couple of hours ago.

Quote from: 123nick on January 07, 2017, 07:11:19 PM
what mods are from 294100 ? that is the steam app-ID for rimworld.

This is the workshop folder. However, to get them work you should unpack it right in your «Mods» folder, even if you have steam.

carpediembr

Quote from: ambivalence on January 07, 2017, 07:14:44 PM
Quote from: carpediembr on January 07, 2017, 06:47:34 PM
Quote from: ambivalence on January 07, 2017, 05:11:36 PM

That's fair :) I was going to exclude it a couple of hours ago.
Dont.. it's an amazing mod :P

Either way, saw that you have ALOT of light/lamp mods there... some of them overlap eachother.

WoodyDaOcas

yeah, this can use some work, because I saw couple mods that don't feel very vanilla, but yeah, there's a lot of em I use, too and I seriously appreciate the effort, I believe it can be helpful :) Even for me, would you keep it updated :D But that would be a helluva effort )

ambivalence

Quote from: carpediembr on January 07, 2017, 07:16:01 PM
Either way, saw that you have ALOT of light/lamp mods there... some of them overlap eachother.

Personally, I love to have options :) But! I agree, there /is/ a problem. The authors are trying to implement their own technologies into the game, here and there, and sometimes there's absolutely no need in them. I mean, if you're creating some stuff – let's say power-saving LED-lamp – it would be better to use the same technology def using in similar projects. I guess, this is the way to clean all the mess we see in our research tree. Nevertheless, I understand that the community needs an organisation to make it real – some kind of forum thread to public these ideas or some library that merges the similar stuff.

Quote from: WoodyDaOcas on January 07, 2017, 07:37:56 PM
I believe it can be helpful :) Even for me, would you keep it updated :D But that would be a helluva effort )

Thanks :) I'll try to keep it updated as long as possible. However, when I'll get tired of the game, I can give up the leading right so it will be updated by someone else.

Adalah217

Looks really similar to the mod pack I was going to create!

I plan on making CombatRealism patches for Medieval Times and LewisDTC's mods, and then a sort of compatibility patch between Veggie Garden and Medieval Times (they're compatible, but have redundant features). It's possible to also have RimFire and RT's weapon pack, but they have so many new pieces of ammo, it would be unmanageable anyways IMO.

ambivalence

Quote from: Psychology on January 07, 2017, 09:01:13 PM
Glad to see both my mods on there!

Your mods are the most valuable ones, really. Especially when you've implemented ≈ meltdown features. Thanks a lot for your modifications! The social system is too interesting and too important to ignore.

Quote from: Adalah217 on January 07, 2017, 09:06:56 PM
Looks really similar to the mod pack I was going to create! I plan on making CombatRealism patches...

«Combat Realism» is a very good one. One of the reasons I've prefered not to use it is the lack of compatibility patches – it changes the game's heart so deeply, so I found it to break some other useful mods – don't remember which ones. If you have a time for developing these patches, I'd be glad to see it :) Especially for LewisDTC's mods.

Sefin

you dropbox links have been disabled.....'Too much traffic'....it said.

Marduk

Quote from: Adalah217 on January 07, 2017, 09:06:56 PM
Looks really similar to the mod pack I was going to create!

I plan on making CombatRealism patches for Medieval Times and LewisDTC's mods, and then a sort of compatibility patch between Veggie Garden and Medieval Times (they're compatible, but have redundant features). It's possible to also have RimFire and RT's weapon pack, but they have so many new pieces of ammo, it would be unmanageable anyways IMO.
I have a mostly functional Rimfire Combat Realism patch for current CR based upon an old patch with lots of fixing. Still some bugs and few weapons may not work beyond CR normal, but its playable.

ambivalence

Quote from: Sefin on January 07, 2017, 10:28:24 PM
you dropbox links have been disabled.....'Too much traffic'....it said.

Updated the links. Didn't expect it.