How to contribute

Started by Tynan, April 11, 2014, 09:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinoabunai

Well, if there is no answers to my questions, then I ask them in the "Bugs" thread.

So I asked this questions in:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26255.0
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26256.0

raviranjan

Though am not very sure on how it can be translated, but yes you can avail help from some translation agency for the same if you are comfortable with it. I rely on Transverse Solutions (http://www.transversesolutions.com/) for most of my translation work.

arxdsilva

It would be nice to have a EN-US Github repo, so when you change tags like <Load> to <LoadGame> we can fetch into your changes and maintain our translations without having to check the game on every translation to see what is broken.

OBS: Checking is also necessary and have to be done, but this will speed up the translation and give us some basis not to break the translation ingame on every EN-US update.

Neros

Hoping to be able to take a crack at the Danish translation when I am allowed, so that the non-english speaking danes can enjoy this fantastic game ;D

Never worked on Github before though, so I hope I don't mess things up to much and do it right :P

leif.ostring

Hi Neros, and welcome! :-)
I am trying to translate ad clean up the Norwegian set.
The proscess is a bit frustrating, as there are no full set of English words. To help I have found that the German folder is a pretty compleate source.
Takk for at du hjelper til! :-)

Leif

Neros

Hello Leif

Yea, I also figured that to make things easier (and not invent the deep plate again), I could look at what others have made. That way, I won't have to look through tons of codes to find the name of a label.

Og det var så lidt :P

Søren

Nanazzo

Hello! I'm an italian motherlanguage, with an optimal knowledge of the english language. Before i read all the stuff written here, i need to clarify some points.
A)I would like to help in the translation to italian. It is a lovely game!
B)Do you need help with the italian language?
C)I have no programming skill whatsoever. Is any of that kind needed?
Thanks in advance for the response.

Dotis

So I'd love to help with this project as I'm having such a great time playing the game. My mother tongue is Chinese, (Mandarin). I would be very interested in helping with the translation so to provide to more of fellow Chinese fans better experiencing the game.

But before anything I just wanted to make sure that the translation for Mandarin have not started yet by some other contributors.

Please let me know. If not, I'd love to help.

mora145

Hi.
I am added to the translation group "Spanish" but my native language is "Latin Spanish". Is it possible to change me?

Exorythm

Hello,
There is a problem with my Rimworld translation. I am working on it, but I don't think I will make it soon. So, there is the problem - it doesn't show the text, it shows a ? in a box.
Anyone has solutions how to fix it?

ei83mon69

Hello.

I'm a student living in the Philippines, and I want to help translate this great game to Tagalog (Filipino.)
I've already sent an email, and I've yet to receive a reply.

WentBerzerk

Hello, I have a couple of questions regarding the files:

• What does Full bars worth of food in storage: represent? It's a part of the <LowFoodDesc> tag, so what does it exactly mean?
  • Where can I find the date/time related defs?
  • Where is grammar.xml used and can I add more grammatical cases?
  • Is there a way I can forcefully fire an alert via the debug/dev mode?

3koozy

is there any updates on Right to left languages' fix? like Arabic and others..
they don't work properly until now!

prosykito

Hi all,

Im  working on a translation and I cant find how to change the default Outfits (anything, worker, soldier and nudist) They are on keyed-->Misc_gameplay but dont work. Someone knows about this?

Thank you.

Arex

Perhaps you broke the structure of the xml file and the game could not load it. Check the number of opening and closing tags.