Shitty Colonists

Started by Hayhorse, January 16, 2017, 09:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shurp

Don't forget that all useless colonists make excellen Lynx feed. Just dump them in the freezer and let your kitties chow down.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

CptEgo

Quote from: Shurp on January 17, 2017, 04:42:45 PM
Don't forget that all useless colonists make excellen Lynx feed. Just dump them in the freezer and let your kitties chow down.

I was just wondering about how you get rid of colonists who are an actual danger to everyone around them. I read somewhere that you can actually execute people, but that doesn't seem to be the case from what I know.

Sola

Quote from: CptEgo on January 17, 2017, 07:02:43 PM
Quote from: Shurp on January 17, 2017, 04:42:45 PM

I was just wondering about how you get rid of colonists who are an actual danger to everyone around them. I read somewhere that you can actually execute people, but that doesn't seem to be the case from what I know.

Health > Operations > Add bill > Euthanize.  Small mood penalty for a short time, gets rid of a chemically fascinated sheriff.  Worth.
Two tiers of construction jobs.  One for expensive/quality items, and one for walls/floors/etc.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28669.0

lighthoof

Quote from: Sola on January 17, 2017, 03:17:27 PM
Many people bring this up, actually.  You also don't need to keep crap colonists.
Prisoner?  Don't recruit.
Wanderer?  Euthanize.
Escape pod?  Let 'em bleed out.
Such a waste of precious donor organs ...

Miridor

I've seen my fair share of bad colonists. In my agricultural colony I have a default of 3 idle colonists because basically the only thing they are good in is fighting (one is indeed called Sheriff). Yesterday I had a true medieval noble showing up in a drop-pod in my mining colony. Only capable of Social(9) and Art(3). She now runs the Muffalow fleet between the mining colony and main base.

Current (and first) game setup: Storryteller; Cassandra( year one) then Iron Dan (to escape the population softcap and have a bit more challenge), main mountain base (15 souls, 8 years old or so) running low on steel, mining colony (6 souls, first year) mining the crap out of adjacent tiles and an agricultural colony/waystation (12 souls, 3 years something) half-way to the nearest settlement of two friendly factions. Current goals: regular trade with friendlies on their home turf and maybe raid an enemy base or two. Also hoping someone gets a good spaceship mod going ;)