[A16] MorePackAnimals

Started by sirgzu, February 07, 2017, 08:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirgzu

PREVIEW

Features
You can now use more animals to carry your stuff in caravans! This should help players in biomes that don't have easy access to Muffalos or Dromaderies. Should be save game compatible.

Available Pack Animals

• Bears
  • Elephant
  • Megasloth
  • Thrumbo
  • Alpaca

Planned Features

• Make it necessary to craft leather harness to pack animals
  • Better harnesses increase bulk / weight capacity
  • Unlock better harnesses with research

Download
https://github.com/RenaudF/MorePackAnimals/releases

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

BlackGyver

Hi! Quick question, do the new pack animals get the saddlebags graphical indicator whenever they're carrying something on them?

sirgzu

Quote from: BlackGyver on February 08, 2017, 05:00:47 AM
Hi! Quick question, do the new pack animals get the saddlebags graphical indicator whenever they're carrying something on them?
They do! I'll add preview images later, thanks for reminding me :)

BlackGyver

Ahhh, excellent! Adding this to my little collection, then! This is great stuff!

I also have a few extra questions:

1. Can this be added to an existing save?
2. Does the "Bears" category include both grizzly and polar bears?
3. Would you consider adding more animals to the list? (some that make sense to add: Rhinoceros, Elk, Caribou, Cow - and some that make slightly less sense but could be nice to have too, both for variety's sake and to cover a better range of climates: Alpaca, Ostrich, Warg, Ibex, Wild Boar)

sirgzu

Quote from: BlackGyver on February 08, 2017, 05:25:17 AM
I don't know yet but I'd say so, I will test this evening and report. Feel free to report if you want to test that yourself :)
2. Does the "Bears" category include both grizzly and polar bears?
Yes. I know Taiga creatures also adds a Black Bear variant, I'll have to think of a way to patch things up.
3. Would you consider adding more animals to the list? (some that make sense to add: Rhinoceros, Elk, Caribou, Cow - and some that make slightly less sense but could be nice to have too, both for variety's sake and to cover a better range of climates: Alpaca, Ostrich, Warg, Ibex, Wild Boar)
Yes. I'd like to make it configurable in the mod options perhaps, because there is no way everyone will ever agree on a standard set.

BlackGyver

Quote from: sirgzu on February 08, 2017, 06:41:01 AM
I don't know yet but I'd say so, I will test this evening and report. Feel free to report if you want to test that yourself :)

My game is currently borked due to mod issues, I'm awaiting a critical mod update to keep playing, in the meantime I'm mod-shopping!

Thanks for answering my questions, and I'll be looking forward to a per-animal configuration, it's even better!

skullywag

Good work Sirgzu glad you got this sorted!
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Wraithling

Great mod  :)

Haven't tried it yet but I've got a question - are the carrying weight for each animal different?

sirgzu

Quote from: Wraithling on February 08, 2017, 08:34:19 AM
Great mod  :)

Haven't tried it yet but I've got a question - are the carrying weight for each animal different?
They are indeed! Preview is coming now

FadingFog

Quote from: skullywag on February 08, 2017, 07:51:57 AM
your point?
No :) The same mod has long been created by another person

christianmc1101

Mein Lieblingswort: My favorite word:
Bundespräsidentenstichwahlwiederholungsverschiebung

BlackGyver

Quote from: AlexDeluxe on February 08, 2017, 12:08:20 PM
Quote from: skullywag on February 08, 2017, 07:51:57 AM
your point?
No :) The same mod has long been created by another person

Not only it's a different mod, the code is already different, the available animals are different, the balance is different, some other (minor) things (the way the packs clip on animals, for instance), and so on. If sirgzu goes with what he has planned, they'll end up differentiating themselves even more. You'll also notice it's a Workshop-only mod, some people like to avoid automatic updates, or play with the DRM-free version bought from the Rimworld website, what about them?

So what was the purpose of your link, AlexDeluxe?

Ekksu

Heya! I've got a mod like this I made a month ago or so here. So if there's anything I can do to help lemme know! They should function the same and work fine together if you're using the same coding I am? So I'd imagine they're compatible! Not trying to steal your thunder, just offering my lil' ol' mod up!