[1.5] Star Wars - A RimWorld Series (4/8/2024)

Started by jecrell, April 09, 2017, 07:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jecrell

Updated the lightsabers. They now disable when dropped which prevents further sustained sound problems.
Also, mercenaries or enemy faction characters that spawn with sabers now have basic crystals loaded.
Lightsabers just need XML re-balancing and they're ready to go.

All force powers except force ghost are working atm.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

jecrell

Major Update for The Force
+Force XP is now ganied from performing mundane activities rather than steadily building over time.
+Force powers now properly modify alignment as per their descriptions.
+Force powers now properly take away from the force pool.
+Meditation is now a job given to characters with less than 60% force pool remaining so they can recover their force powers.
+Force Ghost code now working without errors.

Remaining Issues:
+Force Ghost will randomly spawn around instead of an adjacent tile if there is something blocking its chosen spawn point.
+Force Storm is hilariously broken and throws 20 bolts per second.
+Force pool skill needs finalizing.
+General balance.

(Very close to release)

Dragoon

That moment when you feel like you are getting real Jedis in rimworld!!   ;D
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

mat_2001mat

Just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work and sharing this with everyone. You've combined two of my favourite things together! Really looking forwards to the seeing the continued progress you guys make.

SpaceDorf

You know .. now that Cpt.Ohu released a Ship Mod ...  ;D
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

mat_2001mat

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is just me that's having the issue, but when I try and use certain Jedi powers, I'm getting the issue below. It's usually things like force speed or heal.

It keeps looping, meaning I need to quit the game.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

Tried to PlayOneShot with null SoundDef. Info=(World from (227, 0, 12), Map_0)
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Sound.SoundStarter:PlayOneShot(SoundDef, SoundInfo)
AbilityUser.Projectile_AbilityBase:ImpactSomething()
AbilityUser.Projectile_AbilityBase:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Thronan

Hey, just wanted to say fantastic looking mods I can't wait for the release. But I was wondering will there be an option at launch or in the future for alignment shifts other than using force powers? for example a colonist of sufficiently high enough lightside alignment to convert a darkside colonist into the grey or the starting point for the Lightside.

Alternatively instead of an interaction between two colonists you could have a Sith/Jedi holocron rarely show up that would grant a certain amount of alignment and maybe a small amount of force xp, it would be a one use item to prevent any kind of power leveling and once used you could keep the holocron as a decoration and make your own little holocron vault like the one in the jedi temple.

jecrell

Quote from: mat_2001mat on April 25, 2017, 07:18:07 AM
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is just me that's having the issue, but when I try and use certain Jedi powers, I'm getting the issue below. It's usually things like force speed or heal.

It keeps looping, meaning I need to quit the game.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

Tried to PlayOneShot with null SoundDef. Info=(World from (227, 0, 12), Map_0)
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Sound.SoundStarter:PlayOneShot(SoundDef, SoundInfo)
AbilityUser.Projectile_AbilityBase:ImpactSomething()
AbilityUser.Projectile_AbilityBase:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Okay, I updated the code on the github.
Let me know if this fixed your problem.

Quote from: Thronan on April 25, 2017, 09:36:19 AM
Hey, just wanted to say fantastic looking mods I can't wait for the release. But I was wondering will there be an option at launch or in the future for alignment shifts other than using force powers? for example a colonist of sufficiently high enough lightside alignment to convert a darkside colonist into the grey or the starting point for the Lightside.

Alternatively instead of an interaction between two colonists you could have a Sith/Jedi holocron rarely show up that would grant a certain amount of alignment and maybe a small amount of force xp, it would be a one use item to prevent any kind of power leveling and once used you could keep the holocron as a decoration and make your own little holocron vault like the one in the jedi temple.

An apprentice system? Haha. How fun. I will think about it. I love the idea of Holocrons.

mat_2001mat

Hey Jecrell,

Just loaded the new repo from GitHub and it's looking like it's fixed the issue. Thanks for sorting this out so fast.
I guess that means more innocent pawns are going to be force choked to death now :).

Cheers,

Matt

jecrell

New Update (Force Mod)
+Force traits now automatically change based on alignment when leveling up /
casting spells based on current alignment and level.
+Added a new 'masked' mode for force sensitive pawns. Their level 0
state is now hidden with a simple black page.
+Added a new Banjo sound effect for leveling up for the first time.

SpaceDorf

On the Test Flight with Ohus Dropship I made a real bargain. For just a crate of human leather I bought this Black Krayt Dragon Pearl.

I think it might be just a tiny bit overpowered.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Dragoon

Quote from: SpaceDorf on April 27, 2017, 06:09:59 PM
On the Test Flight with Ohus Dropship I made a real bargain. For just a crate of human leather I bought this Black Krayt Dragon Pearl.

I think it might be just a tiny bit overpowered.

What? Psh No, it's perfectly balanced it is legendary after all right :D?
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

SpaceDorf

The Light Sabre .. yeah.
But the Crystals are slotted in .. and modify the damage.

The base damage with a normal green crystal is 39

XenGrimm

A lot of stuff still needs balancing - the crystals especially.
It's tough to strike a balance when you're talking about a focused beam of pure energy that's supposed to be able to slice through nigh anything like butter.

Dragoon

Quote from: SpaceDorf on April 27, 2017, 09:25:20 PM
The Light Sabre .. yeah.
But the Crystals are slotted in .. and modify the damage.

The base damage with a normal green crystal is 39

I was joking lol. I would not know it it was balanced cause I haven't tested it out yet.

Quote from: XenGrimm on April 27, 2017, 11:10:54 PM
A lot of stuff still needs balancing - the crystals especially.
It's tough to strike a balance when you're talking about a focused beam of pure energy that's supposed to be able to slice through nigh anything like butter.

Well just look at the bottom of my post. also if a normal one is 113 and a legendary is 126 what if you lowered the base to 30? That should do it without making it to week. Course you could also increase the kryt pearl cost by 500 but reallyI feel we could go without it. That's just my opinion.