[1.5] Star Wars - A RimWorld Series (4/8/2024)

Started by jecrell, April 09, 2017, 07:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stalenewport

Quote from: Dragoon on May 01, 2017, 08:39:05 PM
I have three questions.
1. Can people who do not have force power traits, become Jedi?

2. if we have Sith, Gray, and Jedi in the alignment, and we can change where that alignment does it make those traits obsolete? Like why not just have Force-sensitive apprentice, Force-sensitive Adept, and Force-sensitive master, then finally one with the force.
3. And on the same topic can we advance as force users? Like If we start as padawan can we eventually become a master?
From my experience with the mod so far, the second question is already true (not sure about the first, I just use dev tools to add the "force-sensitive" trait to new recruits). As they level up in force skills, based on their "force alignment" the traits change from force sensitive to eventually master at level 9(?). You can change their alignment based on what powers you use. I turned my Jedi Master into a Sith Lord after her husband died by making her go around force choking things all the time.

jecrell

Quote from: stalenewport on May 02, 2017, 02:40:16 AM
Quote from: Dragoon on May 01, 2017, 08:39:05 PM
I have three questions.
1. Can people who do not have force power traits, become Jedi?

2. if we have Sith, Gray, and Jedi in the alignment, and we can change where that alignment does it make those traits obsolete? Like why not just have Force-sensitive apprentice, Force-sensitive Adept, and Force-sensitive master, then finally one with the force.
3. And on the same topic can we advance as force users? Like If we start as padawan can we eventually become a master?
From my experience with the mod so far, the second question is already true (not sure about the first, I just use dev tools to add the "force-sensitive" trait to new recruits). As they level up in force skills, based on their "force alignment" the traits change from force sensitive to eventually master at level 9(?). You can change their alignment based on what powers you use. I turned my Jedi Master into a Sith Lord after her husband died by making her go around force choking things all the time.

I love this mini-story you've created.

1) People without force traits cannot become Jedi. I don't think we're putting in ways to forcefully create Jedi in other ways.
2) Traits are dynamic. So if you level up or use force powers, your trait will change.
3) Sadly, I do not have a proper progression quest system in place at this time. I am thinking about putting in a mini-quest after reaching the first level (force sensitive -> force surging) as per Jedi Master Ailan's direction.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

jecrell

Quote from: harrison on May 01, 2017, 08:52:02 PM

I made this after seeing this mod, love the concept. I realize it says "A Rimworld Story" as I somehow mixed up series and story haha but I can easily switch it. If you guys like this I'd be totally open to making more art for the mod and modifying this.

We didn't name our mod "A RimWorld Story" because there was already another mod by that name and it felt a bit disrespectful to that mod owner. Sadly, we could never get in contact with them. If we could, I would have been happy to combine mods to be named "A RimWorld Story" (because the title is badass).

If you were to change the word "story" to "series," I can't speak for Xen, but I would love to feature your artwork as a header for the mod series on Ludeon and the collection page.

abbelsap

I really can't wait to see this mod released!
Two more days till 4th of May, how is the progress coming along? :)

jecrell

Quote from: abbelsap on May 02, 2017, 09:29:03 AM
I really can't wait to see this mod released!
Two more days till 4th of May, how is the progress coming along? :)

Basically, finished. We just want lots of people to test it and give us feedback at this point for random problems / bugs. So far things are pretty stable.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: jecrell on May 02, 2017, 08:29:03 AM

I made this after seeing this mod, love the concept. I realize it says "A Rimworld Story" as I somehow mixed up series and story haha but I can easily switch it. If you guys like this I'd be totally open to making more art for the mod and modifying this.

We didn't name our mod "A RimWorld Story" because there was already another mod by that name and it felt a bit disrespectful to that mod owner. Sadly, we could never get in contact with them. If we could, I would have been happy to combine mods to be named "A RimWorld Story" (because the title is badass).

If you were to change the word "story" to "series," I can't speak for Xen, but I would love to feature your artwork as a header for the mod series on Ludeon and the collection page.

LOVE THE ARTWORK!

madd_mugsy

One bit of feedback so far: playing in a boreal forest, every raider and visitor (even medieval) is wearing an alliance helmet or alliance scout helmet, which apparently give cold insulation of -80 degrees Celsius  :o

Also, that image in the post above mine looks awesome! :D

Edit: Found a small bug:  I have a prisoner going through psychite withdrawal, and he keeps having mental breaks.  One time when he was having a tantrum, I had my sith inquisitor use force choke on him.  It shut him down in a hurrry, but he's had "Asphyxia (extreme)" and there's been a "Severe Illness" alert ever since (over one season so far).

harrison

Quote from: jecrell on May 02, 2017, 08:29:03 AM

Cool ! Is there a platform other than the forums where we can discuss sizes/versions? Also,

? x A?

jecrell

Quote from: harrison on May 02, 2017, 04:20:05 PM
Cool ! Is there a platform other than the forums where we can discuss sizes/versions? Also,

On our Discord.
https://discord.gg/aDjWBBk

Parsival

The force zip is damaged, there is no download for factions.

jecrell

Quote from: Parsival on May 03, 2017, 10:07:36 AM
The force zip is damaged, there is no download for factions.

Sorry about that. The Force zip should be working now.
I'll talk with Xen tomorrow about the factions link and so forth. For now, here.
https://github.com/jecrell/Star-Wars---Factions/archive/1.0.zip

Justas love

woow dude, thats cool, seen it in wip maan and was excited

RampagePT

Hi! Great mod, for me what was missing :3 Are you planning on making Character Backstories ? Keep up the goodwork. It's really awesome for Star Wars fans!

Justas love

oh and can u make it all into 1 download, just really have way too much mods in my list, gets complicated.
And with what mods would this be incompatile with