[A17/B18] Orbital Hubs United - Dropships 1.2 (14.02.2018)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, April 23, 2017, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Instead of a calculation could you add a more specific description to the ships ?
Like the gas usage of cars.

Uses about X fuel for 1 World-Tile when fully loaded.
This lets us at least guesstimate the range without you having to patch and program to much.

===== EDIT =====

Now that we can land on the new quest maps, it would be more important in my eyes that the dropship lands somewhere
on the border instead right in the center of the map. Worst case scenario .. right in the center of the building you are about to attack.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

EpicFox

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 14, 2017, 08:10:34 AM
Now that we can land on the new quest maps, it would be more important in my eyes that the dropship lands somewhere
on the border instead right in the center of the map. Worst case scenario .. right in the center of the building you are about to attack.

Absolutely agree on this.
At this moment an assault is simply not possible due to high chance of landing in the middle of the map while the enemy has got a small base with 3-6 turrets, sometimes 1 or 2 mortars, and they will blow rip you in seconds. Tried about 6 times now but failed within seconds after landing.
Best option would be a prompt to select where to land but if that's not possible at least auto-land it on the map edge.
Hope this is possible cause I love this mod.

bolbies

Cpt.Ohu

Updated V1.34 is up. Travel reach on the world map is now calculated correctly. This should fix ships crashing without warning, since you cannot launch it otherwise.

Regarding dropping in Maps: I'll change the position to a point at the edge for the next update.

bolbies

So I've been messing around with this mod and I got it working for about an hour, then I get the usual object reference error. My pawns also don't refuel all the way. They get to like 2300 (give or take) but stop after that. And when loading auto-saves I get an error saying it can't load the map.

Jeffsikles

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on July 12, 2017, 07:14:48 AM
Quote from: dareddevil7 on July 11, 2017, 10:59:22 PM
DO you think you could patch the front gun for CE?

It's a question of time. I cannot make promises in that regard.
Politely seconding request for a CE patch, this mod looks really really cool but the CE incompatablilty makes it a tough call.
Anyone know if the game will let me run this and CE and just not use the front turret? or will it still mess things up?

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: ChairmanPoo on July 12, 2017, 05:58:20 PM
I'm getting this error:

At what point did this happen? After loading a save, or beforehand?

Quote from: bolbies on July 15, 2017, 06:31:51 PM
So I've been messing around with this mod and I got it working for about an hour, then I get the usual object reference error. My pawns also don't refuel all the way. They get to like 2300 (give or take) but stop after that. And when loading auto-saves I get an error saying it can't load the map.

The object reference error is a bit tricky because as of now I haven't been able to reproduce it or find the root of where the container might be set to be NULL.

As for refuelling: There's an auto-refuel threshold set in the defs, after which point you'd have to manually tell your pawns to continue refueling. The current treshold is 75%.

bolbies

I just tried making a new colony, spawning the ships and loading them up, and now I have a new error that seems to disable the ability for pawns to get in the ship. I'm thinking that it is conflicting with a mod if I seem to be the only one having this kind of trouble.

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Fedon, Job=EnterShip A=Thing_OHUDropShip60685, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.AI.ReservationManager.Reserve (Verse.Pawn claimant, LocalTargetInfo target, Int32 maxPawns, Int32 stackCount, Verse.ReservationLayerDef layer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ReservationUtility.Reserve (Verse.Pawn p, LocalTargetInfo target, Int32 maxPawns, Int32 stackCount, Verse.ReservationLayerDef layer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Toils_Reserve+<Reserve>c__AnonStorey4F7.<>m__7DF () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  lastJobGiver=, curJob.def=EnterShip, curDriver=OHUShips.JobDriver_EnterShip
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartJob(Job, JobCondition, ThinkNode, Boolean, Boolean, ThinkTreeDef, Nullable`1)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob_Patch1(Object, JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:EndJobWith(JobCondition)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryTakeOrderedJob(Job, JobTag)
OHUShips.<>c__DisplayClass73_0:<GetFloatMenuOptions>b__0()
Verse.FloatMenuOption:Chosen(Boolean)
Verse.FloatMenuOption:DoGUI(Rect, Boolean)
Verse.FloatMenu:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.FloatMenuMap:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C4:<>m__1B1(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Exoray

The object reference error is a bit tricky because as of now I haven't been able to reproduce it or find the root of where the container might be set to be NULL.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at OHUShips.ShipTracker/<>c__DisplayClass20_0.<ShipsInFleet>b__0 (OHUShips.ShipBase) <0x00009>
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1<OHUShips.ShipBase>.FindAllStackBits (System.Predicate`1<OHUShips.ShipBase>) <0x000c7>
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1<OHUShips.ShipBase>.FindAll (System.Predicate`1<OHUShips.ShipBase>) <0x00042>
at OHUShips.ShipTracker.ShipsInFleet (int) <0x0006d>
at OHUShips.ShipBase/<GetGizmos>d__76.MoveNext () <0x0066c>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor_Patch0 (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<object>) <0x001b8>
at RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect.DrawInspectGizmos () <0x0003e>
at RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility.ExtraOnGUI (RimWorld.IInspectPane) <0x00062>
at RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect.ExtraOnGUI () <0x00014>
at Verse.WindowStack.WindowStackOnGUI () <0x00065>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x000d7>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x000c6>

It happened after doing a few supply runs back and forth from a mineral deposit to base but as you said its a tricky bug but here is the error log if it helps

Edit: I built a new dropship and when I pressed the parking zone it threw that error so it has something to do with parking

Cpt. DuctTape

Quote from: Jeffsikles on July 15, 2017, 11:20:12 PM
Politely seconding request for a CE patch, this mod looks really really cool but the CE incompatablilty makes it a tough call.
Anyone know if the game will let me run this and CE and just not use the front turret? or will it still mess things up?

I tried running CE + OHU today, and the ships seem to work fine, although I only played for an hour, and didn't test the turret.

sivrehn

Sorry to bother, but is the Firefly ship still compatible? It has behaved oddly lately. Like, I click the set parking button and its box and controls vanish, the dev options vanish, the load menu vanishes, etc. It says it cannot find a reference to the object. I will test to see if it happens with the stock ships

AnotherFireFox

I'm a super noob when it comes to modding, and I wanna play this mod with Hardcore_SK.
My first thought was I have to replace the materials to build ships into somethings being used in Hardcore_SK.
Do I have to do anything else?

Canute

You allready ask at the HCSK thread, let me suggest you get discord and join the the HCSK discord channel and try to ask there, you will have much faster responce and even someone there made the changes for you.

AnotherFireFox

Thanks! That would be much better, sorry for being noob

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: sivrehn on July 17, 2017, 05:43:29 PM
Sorry to bother, but is the Firefly ship still compatible? It has behaved oddly lately. Like, I click the set parking button and its box and controls vanish, the dev options vanish, the load menu vanishes, etc. It says it cannot find a reference to the object. I will test to see if it happens with the stock ships

It seems an error I thought fixed previously appeared again. Once back from vacation I'll fix this.