[A17/B18] Orbital Hubs United - Dropships 1.2 (14.02.2018)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, April 23, 2017, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beathrus

Cpt.Ohu

Well, I made some progress recently. A proper 1.0 release is getting closer now.

As always, there's no ETA. It' done when it's done. If you are interested and don't mind being a tester (with the risk of breaking a savegame) you can go to the Github Page. There you can download a current 1.0 build that allows the most basic mechanics, travel and trade.

arsxxxx333

with each "touchdown" "aircraft dropsite" at any point of the map appears hostile base amd the friendly settlement with this command automatically becomes defeated.

sidfu

if u choose to start by landing in dropship game freezes as its constantly trying to make the characters

Gwaheer

Well, I tried test build. This was quick game :))

For my 1 colonist and 30 000 colony wealth I got raiding party of 12 on 3 dropships. Armor, chain shotguns and whatever, I never had a chance.

mangalores

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on January 03, 2019, 01:35:19 PM
Well, I made some progress recently. A proper 1.0 release is getting closer now.

As always, there's no ETA. It' done when it's done. If you are interested and don't mind being a tester (with the risk of breaking a savegame) you can go to the Github Page. There you can download a current 1.0 build that allows the most basic mechanics, travel and trade.

Wish you luck! Checked out the source code to see if one can quick wire the mod to work with 1.0 but the errors just escalated. Looks like a lot of rewrite/adjustments to make it work again.

Icarus

Really glad this mod got finally updated.

The dropship raid REALLY needs a nerf, and this is probably already known but flying just about anywhere with the dropship and landing results in enemies spawning out of thin air.

Edit: Found another bug, if you touchdown at any settlement that isn't yours, you'll destroy it and game will attribute it to you. Should probably disallow that.

Gwaheer

Well, I built my defenses and gave it another go.

Traveling works fine for me, but initial loading to dropship is bugged. I assigned single colonist to load up himself and some goodies, he started working as it was regular caravan, but then lost interest and switched to another tasks.

arsxxxx333

Now when you landing all OK, thx very much, only such signals of "negotiations," "send a medic" when landing a normal map, without pawns

isavegas

I've stumbled across a few bugs with OHU Dropships, not that it has stopped me from enjoying the hell out of the mod! :)

• Colonists will randomly stop loading dropships and wander off to do other tasks, forcing endless micro-managing in order to get anything done. :/
  • My downed colonists are always being dropped off in the dropships when rescued, which has the same effect as putting them into a cryosleep casket. This includes autonomous rescuing by colonists and animals.
  • You can shove an infinite amount of items into a dropship by loading it up to just under max and having your colonist get back out and load it again, as the Load screen doesn't account for items already stored in the ship.
  • Hitting the "Launch/Return Fleet" buttons does nothing. WIP?
  • Ships don't always drop exactly in their park location, often landing with an offset of up to 3 or 4 blocks, deleting anything they land on. Intended? Likewise, perhaps having a ship drop on the map without specifying a location should have it find an open location, as I have told two dropships to land in an unexplored map tile simultaneously, and the second deleted the first. :(
  • Return ship sometimes allows it to fly farther than its fuel should allow. Other times, it will attempt to fly farther than it can and crash. Perhaps a popup asking if the user is sure would be a good idea, if you don't want to flat out disable the button when the ship is too far from home?
  • Events cannot be interacted with from a dropship. Attempting to touch down on a tile that has an event simply generates a generic small camping map.

Thanks for all of your hard work! OHU Dropships is a great addition to my modlist!

vandal

hey ohu your mod is one of my favorites thanks for sticking to it. Last one lions barrage

Cpt.Ohu

Thank you all for your initial feedback and those bug reports. I'm actively working on them and have fixed several already. I'm confident I can upload an update this weekend.

I'm glad you guys still like it  :D

Jan2607

Awesome to see you working on it :)
But I think I will wait for a more stable version, since I'm running lots of mods that could cause bugs...

moonra

I used the Predator to carry T-shirts for a caravan requests [52 for 2 archotech arms!] and set down a couple tiles away from the requesting colony. But the airship dropsite doesn't have a "reform caravan" function! Fortunately all it took was copying the
<comps>
      <li Class="WorldObjectCompProperties_FormCaravan" />
     <li Class="WorldObjectCompProperties_TimedForcedExit" />
    </comps>

from Set Up Camp, worked just fine. I really like that I can "abandon" the ship on its own and come back to it later, I couldn't do that with Set Up Camp + Cargo pod transport.

Jan2607

I finally used this mod, and I really like it :)

My thoughts about it:
- my colonists don't refuel the ships automatically as they do with pods. I have to manually force them every haul. Because the ship needs 3000 fuel, it takes a lot of time.
- It is not possible to directly fly to quests (caravan requests, peace talks). Maybe you could have the ship as a caravan, so you can contact the settlement with a right click? Or give us a button in the ship action menu to complete the quest while the ship hovers over the settlement.