[A17/B18] Orbital Hubs United - Dropships 1.2 (14.02.2018)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, April 23, 2017, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Wolf

I also noticed a small bug with the nose turret when using the Combat Extended mod, the turret will ask for 5.56mm nato ammo but there's no way to reload it, making the turret non functional?

Not really expecting you to make a new turret or change the mod to be compatible or anything, (though that would be awesome if you did!) more, I'm pointing it out for others who use Combat Extended so they don't assault an enemy colony expecting the turret to provide fire support and get the same rude awakening my assault force did.  :-*

s44yuritch

Another thing about the Improvised ship turret: it seems to be one of the most profitable trade goods right now. For several reasons:
1. it takes no work to make (1 work, instant build time) - that just looks wrong
2. it weights only 15 kg (standard security Improvised turret is 100 kg, for example)
3. it sells for good money (base value $1000)

Smellfungus

I've noticed that the disappearing shops bug happens often on world load and on the return of a ship to a colony. I'm guessing it's something to do with the way world objects are handled. I'd guess there are values that either aren't saved or are deleted preemptively. That or the mechanism for linking the world object back to the construction struggles when there's more than one instance of a ship on the map. Hmm. Now I think about it the wings were crossed a little when I built my second ship in this colony... I'll have a mess around and see if I can't find a reproducible cause.

sirgzu

Sorry if that was already asked but dint have time to go through 29 pages..
How do you / Can you change a landed ship position on a map?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: sirgzu on September 20, 2017, 09:11:26 AM
Sorry if that was already asked but dint have time to go through 29 pages..
How do you / Can you change a landed ship position on a map?

Launch and Land on the same Hex.

Sadly it is not possible to change the ships direction after it is built.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

s44yuritch

Now I've got the NullReferenceException error.

After building an Airship, none of the loading pages work anymore (not for the Airship, not for the other aircraft, not for transport pods or caravan). The pages just show empty, as if I do not have any items or pawns. This is logged:

Exception filling window for OHUShips.Dialog_LoadShipCargo: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at OHUShips.Dialog_LoadShipCargo.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C4.<>m__1B1 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C4:<>m__1B1(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Exception filling window for RimWorld.Dialog_LoadTransporters: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Dialog_LoadTransporters.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C4.<>m__1B1 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C4:<>m__1B1(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Removing the Airship with debug tools instantly fixed that.

Spleenling

How difficult would it for me to add more ship turret types? I have several mods that turrets and was wondering how hard it would be to mount some of those? My XML skills are limited, I can reverse engineer other peoples code but writing new code is beyond me.
Part time XML reverse engineering officer. Can maybe fix XML some of the time...

SpaceDorf

Tal Raziid

Exception from asynchronous event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Verse.HediffMaker.MakeHediff (Verse.HediffDef,Verse.Pawn,Verse.BodyPartRecord) <0x0003b>
at RimWorld.PawnAddictionHediffsGenerator.GenerateAddictionsAndTolerancesFor (Verse.Pawn) <0x00297>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateInitialHediffs_Patch1 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x0003d>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.TryGenerateNewNakedPawn (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest&,string&,bool) <0x004df>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateNewNakedPawn (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest&) <0x00174>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn_Patch1 (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x003ac>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (Verse.PawnKindDef,RimWorld.Faction) <0x00105>
at RimWorld.Faction.GenerateNewLeader () <0x0022f>
at RimWorld.FactionGenerator.NewGeneratedFaction (RimWorld.FactionDef) <0x002ae>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FactionGenerator.GenerateFactionsIntoWorld_Patch1 () <0x00072>
at RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenStep_Factions.GenerateFresh (string) <0x0002e>
at RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld (single,string,RimWorld.Planet.OverallRainfall,RimWorld.Planet.OverallTemperature) <0x00164>
at RimWorld.Page_CreateWorldParams.<CanDoNext>m__615 () <0x00048>
at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action) <0x00028>

Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

Not entirely sure if this is from this mod, but i've seen errors pop up after "activating shiptracker" or whatever, in the log. It seems to be  preventing world gen? Unless this error is harmless/not caused by this mod

s44yuritch

Issue with parking spots.

I have 2 ships: a firefly and a biplane. Both have parking spots set (in different spots of course).
The biplane has just returned from a trading flight (using the return ship command).
Firefly is currently sitting in second base.
I order the firefly to return, it takes off. At the same time the Biplane also takes off (with no crew!) and lands on the firefly's parking spot.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: s44yuritch on September 23, 2017, 06:35:15 AM
Issue with parking spots.

I order the firefly to return, it takes off. At the same time the Biplane also takes off (with no crew!) and lands on the firefly's parking spot.

I noticed this with the default drop ships as well, it seems as if all the ships try to use the same parking spot that was set by whatever the last ship you chose "set parking spot" with?

Spleenling

Part time XML reverse engineering officer. Can maybe fix XML some of the time...

SpaceDorf

When it's done :P

Sorry. I had to, I don't meant to troll you.

Did you have any luck with the turrets ? If not PM me,
I can send you the templates for that.

SpaceDorf

Me again :)

I have some thoughts on fuel balancing.

How much fuel should bigger ships need, and how should this fuel be produced ?
The current way of producing fuel seems okay for a small colony, but not efficient enough to supply a real fleet.

TolSatha

Was bored and made this the other day, for anyone playing with Tiberium factions mod.

Brotherhood of Nod Carryall, based on the deprecated GDI Orca design.
No weapons but has a large cargo capacity and good range.

I initially did it in the original dark blue color, but it just didn't look very nice ingame, so I made it in lighter grey instead.
Installation same as described below OP - just copy the files into the proper OHU Mod folders. Tiberium factions mod not needed.

Feel free to tweak the stats and here's the .psd file if you want to improve on the graphics.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cl4u49b1lau8qrr/Carryall.psd?dl=1

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]