[A11]Extra Research Tables (1.7)

Started by Kirid, April 22, 2014, 08:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saularian

Quote from: mrofa on April 22, 2015, 08:12:21 AM
Wierd the bench i got in clutter works as research table, colonist use it, even use it when i got vanilia table to. They just choose whichever is closer.
Also you can delete the info about me making it to replace vanilia table, wont do it :D

That is strange... Wouldn't this line:
DefOfHelper.BindDefsFor<ThingDef>(typeof(ThingDefOf));
mean it's bound to just that one thing?

mrofa

My bad it seems that it dont work in a10 :P
Also research class is empty meaning that you ware right that research bench is specified directly in jobgiver.

Thats said since jobs are specifie in core xml, and job got a job giver in there, there is a possiblity to make a xml with the same job def name but a diffrent job giver, and in custom job giver to look for stuff with research_bench class rateher than def name.

Problem is the job giver itself since its hardcoded and i looks like haf digested spaghetti X_X
All i do is clutter all around.

Kirid

Yeah I'm afraid my console won't work with your clutter bench because your bench prob won't work without overwriting the vanilla like this one. Was mostly a placeholder until you get clutter updated.

As far as I know you can't overwrite hardcoding. Even if you rewrite (ThingDefOf.ResearchBench) to include the modded object, the game wouldn't accept it. Most of the times I've tried to create new dlls to attach in something like this I end up with a jumbled mess of code. It starts with the workgiver, then needs jobgiver, then dips into the researchmanager, before you know it you're tinkering with half the game's code.  I'm not very good at working with dll so I wouldn't know what to do, but if you can sort it out more power to you.

thread From my first attempt at scrambling the hardcoding:
Quote from: pawnstorm on April 27, 2014, 02:01:41 PM
you can't make changes directly to the Assembly-Csharp library. Sometimes you have to dig deep until you find something that leads to a value you can change in some xml file.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

mrofa

For the time being i did disable my research table prefere them to be compatibile and i still need to make front back side textures for it :D

QuoteI'm not very good at working with dll so I wouldn't know what to do
Nor am i but its fun, and completly not logical atleast for me :D

I will see if i can cook up something, prapobly reverse-enginner one of haplos jobdrivers :D
All i do is clutter all around.

Saularian

It seems that with cutting out the <eType> for things, probably in an attempt to simplify the source a bit (or make it less "bulky") it makes some thing less modable through .Xml and more to be done through C#

Tried to add the console to the thingdefof list (plus an added modified researchbench C# file),  could compile the dll (with a warning of "duplication conflict", but heck I guess the game just uses the latest source file), no errors on startup and ingame, but nope, still not working.

If only the researchbench had a workgiver/billgiver in xml...