UNKNOWN WORLD (UW)

Started by jamieg, April 23, 2014, 01:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamieg

Quote from: TimMartland on May 03, 2014, 03:43:26 PM
Maybe you could add prefab walls too? Like a wall that is super-flimsy but can be made really cheaply from a material called 'Prefabricated panels' found in the wreck or bought from traders

We have nano gel walls, sort off like construction gel in a toothpaste tube, the walls are quick to build but quick to break :) we use this in the beginning to set up a temp shelter for your pawns until you can make wood or stone ect
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

TimMartland

Maybe you could replace trees with some kind of crystalline structure that can be mined and used to generate power. Trees aren't all that unknown :D
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman

jamieg

You cannot make electricty in this mod YET, as its very early on but these trees are pretty unknown ;) one of them produces strange wood that cannot be used like normal wood :D
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

DethBringa

OMG this will rock. I would soooo love an early access to have a play but unfortunately I don't have any skills that would help out enough to warrant a "dev" version. :(
This is one mod that will become a must for every rimworld player. I'll be checkin back to see when this is released and can't wait. Hopefully as you get closer to finish you will give us an ETA. Even a rough "most probably sometime during month X" would be awesome.

mrofa

Damn looking at this just makes me wanna build a time machine to jump in the future when you finish this and take over the world while im a it :D
All i do is clutter all around.

jamieg

not sure whats happening with this now..... im no expert at moding, especially at the level required to finish UW and Zelldot has basically lost all love for Rimworld, and I cannot convince him to carry on :( so I cannot reveal any info as of yet, Im really REALLY sorry for the disappointment everyone!..... and if anything changes Ill post straight away..... And Deth it would have been complete for Christmas if we were smashing it out....

Coenmcj

Sounds like you're going to need another dev then. :/ Good luck with getting it back on it's feet.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

zelldot

I might continue this in alpha 4, but as for alpha 3, well, its complicated, so im not bothering at the moment, put it like this, since the team we have start with the big bang mod-pack, we had nothing but trouble from a select few, due to this a small mistake my friend made and these select people, I have lost the heart to bother with this online. This was originally created for my own joy, I was originally persuaded by jamieg to put this online, but because of event that have taken place on here, I no longer feel a part of this community.

I have not rushed in anger or anything like that in this choice, I even left the forum for a few days and stopped my projected to think about how I felt about this. I would just like to thank everyone so far in their support for this project.

Like I said I will see what I can do in alpha 4, but for now I am done, and I am sorry for breaking the mold on here and raising your expectations of rimworld.

Darkfirephoenix

I would really love if you continue it Zelldot. ;) I don't understand what lead to your decision, but I understand. If it is the stuff with the testers: Yes it was bad that I couldn't start playing/testing because it was made for alpha 4/test release and jamieg goofed up to realise it at first, but I did never complain too bad about it (I just wanted to test). :P Ofc I can only speak for myself and not for the stuff the other ppl MAY have said, but I really love the mod and I would really love to help where it is possible for me! ;)

zelldot

You do not need to worry darkfirephoenix, I will be keeping you up to date even if I do not make it public, your supports been great

jamieg

Hello to everyone that has followed this, and sorry for the long period of time with no updates... the truth is I very much doubt we will have time for this now....Im going to be busy working on a game of my own over the next couple of months I love the way you build in Rimworld and Prison Architect and love the combat in rimworld, only thing is...THERES NO MULTIPLAYER!! So after alot of thought ive decided to make some sort of colony/rts sim MULTIPLAYER so I have no time what so ever to carry on with this..... This will probs be a Kickstarter project so if this is something that excites you make sure you keep an eye out for it over the next few months :) anyways guys TAKE CARE, all the best!

a89a89

Quote from: jamieg on June 12, 2014, 11:17:09 AM
Hello to everyone that has followed this, and sorry for the long period of time with no updates... the truth is I very much doubt we will have time for this now....Im going to be busy working on a game of my own over the next couple of months I love the way you build in Rimworld and Prison Architect and love the combat in rimworld, only thing is...THERES NO MULTIPLAYER!! So after alot of thought ive decided to make some sort of colony/rts sim MULTIPLAYER so I have no time what so ever to carry on with this..... This will probs be a Kickstarter project so if this is something that excites you make sure you keep an eye out for it over the next few months :) anyways guys TAKE CARE, all the best!
Best of luck with your new game!

forsaken1111

Quote from: jamieg on June 12, 2014, 11:17:09 AM
Any plans to release what you have done so far for other modders to pick through? Might be some good ideas others can use.

noble116

All i want to know is, will there be melee weapons?

jamieg

Quote from: noble116 on June 29, 2014, 12:18:28 AM
All i want to know is, will there be melee weapons?

It will have similar combat mechanics to rimworld BUT WITH MELEE WEAPONS :) also the ability to throw your melee weapon at an enemy if he is at a distance with small health,

also ive had alot of emails asking questions and its great so thanks everyone and heres where im at with basic gameplay so anyone wondering what its about can read this rather than wait for me to reply

so ive covered the combat mechanics so i guess im going to have a very similar building feel to rimworld and prison architect, basically we are going for a 1-4 player game where your faction lands on the map but at the same time your enemys land too, which means rather than being attacked in waves and seeing how long you can survive and how big your colony grows, you will instead be trying to dominate the map and rid it of your enemys which can be either ai controlled or other players from around the world. but we still want to incorporate survival into it so you will still need to do the basic chores around your base.... hopefully by the alpha 1 there will be loads of ways to sabotage your enemys, cut of their food supplys or just charge in all guns blazing!!

im literally looking for a place to move now hopefully in next week or so!! then ill be working hard on this with a couple of programmers to help me out... if all goes to plan you can all be laying this at some point this year :D anyway i very rarely come on Ludeon these days please feel free to contact me @ [email protected]