Introduce yourself!

Started by Tynan, September 16, 2013, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odibey

Hi everybody I am Ömer Kaan TUNÇ mostly known as Odibey. I am helping translating game to Turkish.

Zman1508

Just wanted to say i had seen some game play of this game on you tube and was somewhat interested but after playing the game at a mates house and seeing how in depth the game can be with or without mods I will be buying this game as soon as possible. Glad to also see that it has an active community around the game too =D.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: Zman1508 on June 12, 2015, 09:40:39 PM
Just wanted to say i had seen some game play of this game on you tube and was somewhat interested but after playing the game at a mates house and seeing how in depth the game can be with or without mods I will be buying this game as soon as possible. Glad to also see that it has an active community around the game too =D.

It's well worth the purchase, $30 might seem like a bit much, but you'll easily get 100+ hours of game play out of RW, about ten times that if you use some of the available mods, (such as Prepare Carefully) and the community really is quite friendly.

The game also has the advantage of being produced by a single person, so feedback and dev input is regular and without all the legalese B.S filtering and PR fiascos you see from other EA titles. (I'm looking at you Starforge!)

Be warned though, this game can easily eat up an afternoon (or weekend) unexpectedly, and sitting down to play "for just an hour" before bed, can unintentionally continue until sunrise the following morning. (Time flies when immersed in Rim World, be warned.  :-*

Lonely Rogue

I'm a YouTuber (same name) who loves management sims! I haven't made any videos for the new alpha yet (:() but hope to get onto it soon. I was introduced to this game by PaulSoaresJr. and Blitzkriegler, you should thank them for awesome marketing! :)
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

ajtupman

Hi, my name's Tony but I go by AJ, I'm a 53 yr old grey gamer...

-What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?
I was watching a guy called Sacriel stream Rimworld on Twitch and I thought wtf is this? I'm a DayZ SA or Arma 3 type guy really and he used to stream mainly DayZ at the time. Anyway, something about the way he talked about it tweaked my interest, he was so passionate about it I decided to stick around and watch. Five hours later I opened another tab and went the Rimworld page and bought the game, I've been addicted ever since, that was about three months ago.

-What's your favorite other game?
DayZ SA, Arma 3, Skyrim (heavily modded) Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas...

-Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
Too many in DayZ to mention.

-What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
Full English for me... Don't do cereal :-)

AJ

Angiel

hello, new here

i registered on the forum cuz i would like to point some bugs/issues, i have yet to search if they r already reported.
i wanted to point out the questions from registering, i think those are really interesting, had this for the first time :D.

about myself i play a few games, my main one was Infinite Crisis but that is getting shot down. while looking for other games i learned about this game from Twitch, and it seemed very interesting to me so i bought it, hopefully i can learn to play like the guy on twitch :D.

Caminha

Hello, I'm a guy from somewhere and I'm 18 years old and I came to ask about the modability of the game. :p I also like drawing, and I was thinking about offering my humble services to the modding community of this game since I'm bored most of the time.

I was reading some news about the new condition system that DCFedor (The creator of NEOScavenger) was writing and I saw a comment about rimworld.

I have many favorite games, but the ones I can think of are FasterThanLight, Dragonfall, NEOScavenger and maybe Rimworld in the future, when it comes to steam.

N/A!

The kind that you can sleep till lunch and then go back sleeping.

Axelios

Basics of Me:
Hi! I'm a twenty-something year old in New Zealand, studying Electrical and Electronic Engineering in University. I should be working on my exam studies, but everyone needs downtime. I enjoy being useful on the forum by reporting bugs.

I tried Dwarf Fortress a few years ago, and once I got past the learning curve I loved it for the detailed characters and stories that emerged. Sometime later I came across the RimWorld KickStarter and I backed it (still haven't done my Pirate King content).
Now I play it, on and off. Now is one of my "on" periods, in the midst of exams.

Really quite hard to say. I used to play so many. I suppose modded Minecraft is a solid candidate, for number of hours played. Then X-Com.

I don't have any good RimWorld ones sorry. But I'm sure I'll have some soon.

RimWorld-o's! Lol, na, I have porridge with cut grapes, everyday.
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015

MailletC

My name is Chris Maillet, Commercial Pilot, Kerbal Space Junkie, and Wargamer extraordinaire!
I frequent the KSP forums, Battlefront Forums, YouTube, and Twitch TV.

Well, that's about it from me. I really enjoy RimWorld and I hope to contribute in some way, either through feedback or suggestions.

Skirmish

Hi, I'm Skirmish. Of course not real name but using nick name is good for online :)

Youtube, Blitzkriegsler's videos specifically.

Civilization 4, FTL, Wargame series by Eugen systems, and more.

Buying Civilization: BE it self with full prize..
But I sure that RimWorld will worth my money :D

No cereal for me. A piece of bread and fried egg will be nice.

jumach

Hello everyone out there! It is a distinct honor and a privilege for me to be a part of this community. I heard about Rimworld on the steam forums, someone mentioned this title in a thread discussing the Spacebase DF9 debacle and I Googled it immediately. I bought it the same day and haven't looked back. I've found my niche. I love games that tell stories like this. I love Dwarf Fortress, but let's be honest, as awesome as it is, it isn't exactly relaxing to sit down and play a game with that level of depth and complexity. I love Gnomoria too, but it just a little too watered down. Rimworld, however, is at the exact perfect median point between the two games with some of its own wonderful complexities. Tynan, I hope you won't see this as me simply comparing the two games to your masterpiece. Rimworld astounds and mystifies me. I get bored with games within a matter of a dozen hours or so, but Rimworld continually captivates me. Even two or three alphas ago, when I first purchased the game, I felt as though you could have just decided the game is complete any day and I would be more than satisfied. With all the sincerity I could possibly muster, thank you! Thank you so very much for creating this master work.

AshtonBlack

Hey. Ashton Black here. I heard about this game from EnterElysium's youtube stream. Looked good, so I thought I'd spring for the $30.
An excellent idea fairly well done and coming along nicely!
I did a play through, enjoyed it and then discovered all the mods... wow. Really really fine work by the community there.

Anyway, keep it up and I'll keep playing!

SkyShooter

well, im from Indonesia and i make a forum (local forum) discussion about this game, there are a hundred people in my forum who play this game, what brought me here is Prison Architect, i get bored and i searched a good game with the same style then someone from the forum mention this game, i searched it on google, then i CAN'T STOP play this game. and other best game i played is Crusader King, Heart of Irons, and their friends (PI),Total War series, Prison architect, AOE(best game ever). well im done here

prettystupidstudent

Hello everybody,

Been playing for a year or so now. Long time Lurker, but I have started to get involved in the reddit rimworld and decided to chip in here.

LYLT Tynan.

Dorbii

Basics Info:

I am a computer nerd currently pursuing a degree in computer science. I work as a Jr. Network Admin while I attend school as well as stream 20-40 hours a week. I love games and game design and was actually going into a game design program (for art) before I switched to be a code monkey xD I love creating and love problem solving and will probably be on the forums helping to troubleshoot or post concept art!

-What introduced me to RimWorld? I saw one of the people I follow on twitch playing and decided right away this was a game I could sink my life into. I did not watch more than 2 or so minutes so I could stream a blind play through of the game!

-What's your favorite other game? This is a hard choice. I love castlevania from my childhood. Metro last light took me in for a while. Rust is a current addiction of mine. Then of course Pokemon is always a favorite...Just to many to chose from. Fable, however, has a special place in my heart. It was a fantastic world, something new when it came out. I remember putting a ton of hours into this game just to have it glitch at the very last part of the game...
-Most embarrassing gaming-relayed story? I fail alot...one of the most recent ones that was seen by a handful of people would be from CS:GO. 1v2...was scoping and got knifed x.x
-What kind of breakfast cereal is the best? Gotta go with frosted flakes! The diabetes, I mean sugar, is fantastic!