Introduce yourself!

Started by Tynan, September 16, 2013, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gazz

Quote from: KeystoneIt seems my artwork has been deemed "Too life like" for it to be used in the game.
Realistic graphics like that don't age well. Just look at the (at the time) awesome terrain in Comanche. Looks like pixel soup nowadays.

As for me, I'm sort of an internet virus. I go around and hit unsuspecting developers with suggestions. All of them awesome, of course. Some of them sane.

reeceaclarke

Hi,
I'm reece I am currently 17 am interested in all things game related and currently do a course in game development =P

Neo_Noxious

Neo_Noxious from Phoenix, AZ. Happy to be here.
I got my start with these types of games when a friend of mine sent me Gnomoria over steam, been kinda obsessed ever since and the fact this one is future based is just the super jackpot!

Britich

Hello,

I am Britich, not to be mistaken with British, this is the username I use for non FPS games.  I am a business owner and work a lot, therefore I tend not to spend too long on Forums chatting et al.
I do however whore on the IRC idle points while I am at work and home.

I am an old school gamer, one that enjoys games designed to tax the mind and constantly try to kill you.

Loosing is fun

Regards

Britich (not British)
(not British)

White Owl

Hey there. Just found this gem while trawling YouTube for sim-like gaming projects. Glad to be here.

Jakadasnake

Quote from: Britich on October 12, 2013, 06:30:06 AM
Hello,

I am Britich, not to be mistaken with British, this is the username I use for non FPS games.  I am a business owner and work a lot, therefore I tend not to spend too long on Forums chatting et al.
I do however whore on the IRC idle points while I am at work and home.

I am an old school gamer, one that enjoys games designed to tax the mind and constantly try to kill you.

Loosing is fun

Regards

Britich (not British)

Awesome. Hilarious, given we already have another quite reputable user by the name of British. Welcome!

Quote from: White Owl on October 12, 2013, 07:11:25 AM
Hey there. Just found this gem while trawling YouTube for sim-like gaming projects. Glad to be here.

Welcome to the party White Owl. Make yourself at home here. Drunkard's Tavern doesn't ever do last call.

Christian

Hi, I'm Christian. Just pre-ordered the game, loved Prison Architect and I love gritty sci-fi so the survival and colonial elements of Rimworld are absolutely fascinating.

I'm a college student from New York, a passionate indie gamer, and the author of the blog Indie Game Enthusiast

Studdart

Hi, I'm Adam. I'm an avid gamer, and in the real world, a Graphic Designer. I've been playing since I was old enough to spell inventory back on the C64. The other half would call me an obsessive gamer, as I'm a bit of a hoarder of games, old & new, as I like to go back and play the old games...

Was pointed this way via the Maia forums, I've already thrown my money at the screen in hope to see this through to the other side.

Dohon

Hello all! I'm Dohon and I found out about RimWorld via the Bay12 Forums. I love to game, although Real Life is really cutting into the hours that I can devote to my favourite hobby. Nonetheless, I was really impressed by RimWorld and decided to chip in. This is the second time that I backed a Kickstarter project because I'm really sceptical about seeing any return on my investment. Ludeon Studios managed to convince me to overcome that fear.

Looking forward to seeing this project develop!

SteveAdamo

Quote from: Keystone on October 10, 2013, 08:16:52 AM
It seems my artwork has been deemed "Too life like" for it to be used in the game.
doth mine eyes deceive me? keystone!?!

what wonderful twist of fate has brought us both to this place? :)

hi everyone, i'm Steve... couldnt be more excited for Tynan and the future of RimWorld...

onward!

Shadow

Hi guys, I'm mark!

-What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?
---saw it on kickstarter and reading about it, watching vids had to back it! just upgraded to get pre-alpha!!
-What's your favorite other game?
---7 days to die!!
-Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
--- COD MW - pretty much all of them online being killed so very very quickly! :(
-What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
--- marmite on toast for the win!!!

Discords Chaos

Say as much or as little as you like. But you could answer questions like:
-- SimCity! I've always loved survival games with mechanics (Like Minecraft with buildcraft etc...) I love making automation and watching things scurry about under the fury of the pointer! ALL GLORY TO THE GREAT POINTER!
Arma!
In my Arma 2 we had a public night, I was the pilot of a Chinook and it was fully loaded with public players, and members of my clan and others..... needless to say I shamefully crashed :(
Does bacon count as a cereal?

I saw a scary scary lack of photos! (Scary!) It's like it is the internet or something!
So here's a picture of me at Gamescom 2013 in Germany talking to one of the developers of Project Spark about how in-depth their "brains" are, turns out pretty deep. Also got to try out a ton of stuff but unfortunately on the business day there are not many awesome cosplayers, but there aren't 5 hour lines either so it's a give and take.

RoseyNineOneOne

Hey there! I'm RoseyNineOneOne, or simply shortened to Rosey as most people may know me and acknowledge me as. I caught wind of this through Facepunch if I recall correctly, and quickly rushed to pledge $20CAD (or $19USD) for the alpha. Would shell out more if I could, but ah, I don't have huge paychecks.

I've been playing Dwarf Fortress (as I'm sure many of you have before) for a little while now, and I'm in love with the game, and I love games with similar systems but in different setting and with different gameplay focuses. Like Stonehearth's focus on story, moddability, and completely customizable city building. Or Rimworld's apparent focus on story, encounters, and kind-of 'post-apocalypse' (I know its not, but the setting kind of fits the bill) SCI-FI feel. So I dropped a pledge onto this gal.

Following those suggestions in the OP... my favorite game of all time is probably Warcraft III, but it is almost basically sharing the spot with Dwarf Fortress and Team Fortress 2. Of course, these games can bring about interesting stories, so I'll fling in a little Dwarf Fortress story that happened to me once...

This'll be a short one, don't want to take up all of your time. I decided to embark on an evil forest area, to see how it'd go. I began digging into the nearest hill. Before I could get it all the way dug out and have a stockpile and a meeting area, an evil cloud appeared. It floated over to my dwarves, and before I could get all of the buggers inside, my fairly large and tough pack animals and two of my dwarves decided to stand there and enjoy being immediately transformed into zombies, despite being burrowed inside. They all turned into zombies, and charged into my fortress. The fight lasted a while, and many of my dwarves were killed. Many of the zombies were struck down, but they rose again a few moments later. Eventually the expedition leader was all who was left, armed with the iron sword I embarked with. He ran out of the fortress, somewhat wounded, and skirted around the edge of the map for a while. A few moments later, a massive pack of badgers showed up on the map and started a massive battle with the zombies. The zombies managed to win, but only a few were still left standing. The expedition leader decided to charge back into battle, slicing down two of his former comrades in a prolonged battle. One they were down, he was charged by one of our pack animals, a zombie muskox. It pushed him to the ground and crushed his skull. So was the end of Doomedfortress (that was the randomly generated name, pretty damn accurate). I now erect statues of that expedition leader in any of my fortresses. Him and some vampire I locked in the caverns who managed to kill two Forgotten Beasts with his bare hands.

And obviously, Cinnabun Cereal is the best. I think that was the name, they were just mini crunchy-cinnamon rolls. I don't know if they are still in stores, haven't been able to find them in quite some time.

dustindps

Hey all, really happy to get to be apart of this community. I'm currently working through College at Best Buy, getting my degree in Information Systems while working on some code here and there.

Steam. Going through Greenlight is an amazing way to find great games. Saw the trailer and fell in love.

I love me some Civ V, Prison Architect, anything RTS really.

Playing sims 3. Died on toilet because the house was on fire.

Lucky Charms. duh.

Discords Chaos

Quote from: dustindps on October 14, 2013, 11:16:22 PM
Playing sims 3. Died on toilet because the house was on fire.
WHAT? hahahaha