[A17] SeveralPuffins mods for A17

Started by Several Puffins, May 29, 2017, 10:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slate

First off thank you for the mods, I enjoy them greatly.

I have however run into something with the Recon and Discovery mod.
I got the Faulty generator causing Tremors to basicly rip all my roofs apart, so far so good it was someting that finaly got me to leave my starter site for the first time ever to deal with the problem. I traveled to the faulty generator and found that i could uninstall it (probably because of the miniaturisation mod) so I though "Neat free thermal gen." I brought it back and installed it but the tremmors never stopped. I remembered that the message said something about having to dismantle it after a while and lets just say my face still has multiple hand shaped bruises. Now I have a colony that for at least a quarter of a year hasnt been able to keep a roof more then 1 inch of the ground for more then 1 hour.

I know I probably f-ed it up with the minifying of the gen. but now I am wondering, will the tremors ever stop? Is that colony just done?
Or will it end after a given time period?

Also I would like to make a suggestion:

Maybe look into what roof location it collapses, making the roof fall down on spans that normaly are safe is fine, it adds weight to the tremor condition but having roofs collaps that are no more than 3 tiles wide or even 1 tile wide is a bit much isn't it? The most grating thing I feel is the fact that the roof collapsing happens so often, the spam of the messages and beeps is strong with this one, maybe have the tremors collapse a bunch of roofs at the same time and then not have it do it for a while?

I do hope I'll get some feadback on this question soon as I am slowly having to turn all my pawns into mechanized versions of themselves due to all the crushed body parts. (not saying that's a bad thing, just a bit sooner than I was planing.)

Slate.

Edit:

Wouldn't you know it, I post the question and as soon as I boot the game up again the tremors subsided, little over one quarter of a year.
That answers that question, the sugestion still stands though.
Thank you for your time.

8hbc

I can't find any drop-down menu "store corpse" on dead bodies for using osiris caskets

wwWraith

With Razzle Dazzle there are several backstories in vanilla game that would be better using buffs to Performance skill instead of Art. Rainbeau Flambe's Editable Backstories mod may be useful for some workaround.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

LittleMikey

Omg high five for knowing Asexuals exist! We are forgotten about far too easily >_<;

Warforyou

Now all my colony of about 20 pawns is doing nothing but obsessively cleaning that freaking forest. Every. Day. All day long. Doh...

Trigon

Is prepare for romance still a thing? Rather, how do I make romance diversified work with prepare carefully?

Mitz

Hello!
just noticed that rimdisorders now has disorders, one being autism.
i'd love to give input on the autism of rimdisorders. being autistic myself, it may not be curable but, in level 1 autism, they could be treated easily. TREATED AS IN NOT CURING BUT RESISTING AUTISM IMPULSES. minor difficulties socializing, skill learning multiplier (can't remember name) would be increased, and i would think they would kick in a bit of sense for mental breaks, like actually eating in minor and major ones. level 2 (i guess i would have) should have a decent difficulty treating (or learning to resist impulses, as i should say) but global work speed could be slightly increased for this stage, global learning factor highly increased (seriously, we learn fast) higher break risk, but they have a slight chance of refusing and wandering off for an hour (unlike total refusal) if they do not have a passion for the job and they're prioritized manually, and otherwise (in same situation) they will have, maybe, a -6 debuff for it. i will expand on this later.
It's sad autism's an insult, then i must be an insult.
and my cat also must be an insult, as well as every other cat in the universe.
space cats.

Yukino

Hey, there's this love bomb mod in the Dropbox and I'm kinda curious what it is? some kind of love drug?

wwWraith

I played a colony with Recon and Discovery for a few years. I didn't want to make caravans yet, but as the time passed there became quite a few Crashed Ship sites around my base. I think they are supposed to disappear in some time.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Warforyou

Don't see if this was already mentioned but if obsessive cleaning happens with a pawn that is in a caravan, the caravan stops moving completely (they don't stop with vanilla mental breaks). And the worst thing is that state never goes away. The only way to handle this is to make camp (via the corresponding mod) and then insta-reform caravan so that mental state just disappears. But this mental break can happen up to ten times a day even being on middle stage!

Contralto

You may be my favorite Modder, now.

kenmtraveller

Anyone know if Recon and Discovery is compatible with HardCore SK?  Also, have there been any recent bugfixes for it?  The mod adds so much to the game -- but  the last time I tried to use it (2 weeks ago)  I encountered lots of bugs.

Ken

Unonker

Quote from: Warforyou on June 26, 2017, 10:14:48 AM
Don't see if this was already mentioned but if obsessive cleaning happens with a pawn that is in a caravan, the caravan stops moving completely (they don't stop with vanilla mental breaks). And the worst thing is that state never goes away. The only way to handle this is to make camp (via the corresponding mod) and then insta-reform caravan so that mental state just disappears. But this mental break can happen up to ten times a day even being on middle stage!
Error: http://i.imgur.com/1eIufe2.png

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object 
at RimDisorders.MentalState_COCDCleaning.MentalStateTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   
at Verse.AI.MentalStateHandler.MentalStateHandlerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   
at Verse.AI.Pawn_MindState.MindStateTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   
at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   
at RimWorld.Planet.WorldPawns.WorldPawnsTick () [0x00000]

BTAxis

There's a small spelling error in the tooltip for a bad concert: "death throws" should be spelled "death throes".
"The megasloth ducked behind the nearest piece of cover"

Sebastian Cigar

Hey, I've just noticed a bug of some sort
If Peace Talks event occurs while the negotiating faction is raiding you, the attacking pawns will keep their assigned tasks such as "ignite wall" AND become friendly. Trying to stop them incurs a standings penalty and a kick back to hostile relationships. I have a crapload of mods though, could  mod interference be the cause for this?
https://puu.sh/wAaNk/b7cc616238.jpg