[A17] SeveralPuffins mods for A17

Started by Several Puffins, May 29, 2017, 10:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwWraith

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 26, 2018, 08:12:57 AM
When these new work types are added, aren't they picked up if you have Fluffy's WorkTab? Or is that only if they are a new work type under an already existing category, such as crafting, research, etc.?

Because I have seen mods that add a whole new category, and I'm wondering if it is only them that you can't pick up mid game.

I think you shouldn't add to existing saves mods adding a whole new category (WorkType) but can add those adding only jobs in some existing category (WorkGiver, JobDef).
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Canute

Yep, that was a trouble at previous version, with Hospitality at example as he start to add Neglotation worktype.
But this don't happen at the current version anymore.

Simstu

Quote from: wwWraith on February 26, 2018, 01:51:45 AM
Simstu, the common way to find out which mod is causing conflicts is bisection: disable half of the mods and try, if there are still issue then disable half of the left again, if not - enable half of the disabled, continue until you'll narrow it down to only 1 mod.

But there is other possibility. Razzle Dazzle adds a new WorkType (Perform), such mods shouldn't be added to existing saves, you have to start a new game if you want to use it.

Thanks, unfortunately, I don't want do start a new save now, but thanks for advice. :)

Harry_Dicks

Thanks Simstu, I couldn't remember the name of that word. It's funny, because I think I had posted something about this a few weeks ago. And of course, no, I did not think that I was unique in coming up with this method. However, finally seeing someone else post about it, and how it actually had a name and everything does make you feel nice, fulfilling your own "confirmation ego" is a way of putting it I suppose.

Bisection. Shit sucks, but sometimes it's what you've got to do. It makes me dislike when people who just get into mods start off with like 200 mods, and have all sorts of errors and issues and crap because of incompatibilities and/or poorly made mods or whatever. But they come to the forums and bitch about how their game doesn't work, but then they won't take the time to actually try to track down and fix the problems themselves.

I've had to "bisect" my mod list so many damn times and wasted so many hours tracking down stupid crap. Not naming names, but certain mods were redefining freaking BUILDINGBASE and screwing EVERYTHING up! After maybe 1~1.5 hours of bisecting and restarting my game so many times and finally finding the culprit, it is both relieving and infuriating. BUT, the main point is, I fixed that shit myself. And this is coming from an idiot who knows nothing about computers. I am definitely not saying I can fix everything, hell anything even in C# is beyond me, but as long as it isn't in C#, so far, I've been able to fix anything that I've ran into, however not all of this has been completely on my own.

A big part of that also comes from this community. And for that I say thank you, to everyone here. Everyone that posts information, whether relevant to the topic at hand or off on a tangent but it somehow relates back to RimWorld, modding, workarounds, etc. I want to believe that the majority of this information ends up being helpful to at least one person. That's good enough for me. Because I feel like I've gained so much from the generosity of this community, that I am obligated to give back in whatever ways that I can. Even if that means I can't make any fancy pants mods that do all sorts of cool stuff in C#, well I can give back by helping users maybe with the xml work, recommending mods, updating mods, or just doing whatever I can where I can. The more people we can get that can feed into the community, then the greater it will become, which will draw in even more, and possibly even greater people! It is a self-fulfilling cycle, we just need to keep it spiraling in the right direction! :)

dburgdorf

I don't normally necropost, but in this case, I figured it would make sense to do so.

To those who still mourn the loss of SeveralPuffins' mods....

I've just released for 1.0 Rumor Has It, which is pretty much a direct update of his a17 "Rumours and Deception." And last week, I released Rational Romance, which draws heavily from his a17 "Romance Diversified."

Feel free to give 'em a try. ;)
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Ruisuki

any chance for a return of razzle dazzle? it was back in b18 but nothing since

Kirby23590

Hmmm. Worth checking dburgdorf, i'm gonna try Rumor Has it!!

I was a huge fan playing with Psychology and Rumours and Deception together since it creates an more interesting stories out of your colonists and even adding drama to the story if they started mass brawls or one guy just started leaving because he had no friends & they all hate him in the colony and he left to join a faction of outlanders' town nearby was very some heart breaking and tense moments with the original Rumours and Deception mod... ;)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

dburgdorf

OK, sure, nobody asked for it, but I did it anyway. Rim Disorders (with lowered illness manifestation rates and higher counseling effectiveness) is available for 1.0.

And yes, I'm working on "Razzle Dazzle," too, which folk *have* actually asked about.  :)
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?