[1.0] Rainbeau's Mods (Backstories, Fishing, Romance, Terraforming, and More!)

Started by dburgdorf, October 13, 2018, 02:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

About fishing.
The meal recipes arn't in line with vanila ones.
1 nutri (snail,shrimp) -> 1 meal with 0.9 nutri
Simple meal 0.5 nutri -> 1 meal with 0.9 nutri
Suhsi,boilded shellfish are similar.
I think you either double the output , or just half the input.

What do you think about that ?

dburgdorf

Quote from: Canute on October 29, 2018, 06:27:23 AMThe meal recipes arn't in line with vanila ones.

Simple Meal: 0.5 nutrition ingredients -> 0.9 nutrition meal (base mood 0)
Fine Meal: 0.5 nutrition ingredients -> 0.9 nutrition meal (base mood 5)
Lavish Meal: 1.0 nutrition ingredients -> 1.0 nutrition meal (base mood 12)

Sushi: 0.8 nutrition ingredients -> 0.9 nutrition meal (base mood 7)
Boiled Shellfish: 0.9 nutrition ingredients -> 0.9 nutrition meal (base mood 5)
Escargo & Shrimp Scampi: 1.0 nutrition ingredients -> 0.9 nutrition meal (base mood 5)

Given that these are all intended to be on the "fancy" side, I really don't see an issue. Perhaps the mood buffs are a bit low (which may be something that was adjusted in vanilla in b19/1.0), but otherwise, they're consistent with the lavish meal. And if you just want to use fish meat in simple meals, well, you can do that. :)
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Canute

I accept it, but don't agree with it.
If it wouldn't be a hugh work to butcher these small corpes i would made simple/fine meals out of them.
But i think i will leave them for the animals.

dburgdorf

Etched Stone Walls has been updated:

- Inside corners will no longer be "auto-smoothed," as while that feature is fine in vanilla, where smoothed walls come in one and only one flavor, it doesn't work so well in the context of the mod.

- Pawns can now smooth and/or etch inside corners themselves.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Concrete has been updated:

- Embrasures now have slightly higher resource costs than do normal walls.

- The market value of concrete "cinder" blocks has been cut roughly in half, to the value of regular stone blocks.

- The market value of concrete has been cut to 2.5, a third of its previous value.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Ruisuki

hello i think heavy sandbags are added by fertile fields? if so, is there any chance they could be made movable?/able to be reinstalled? i have security barriers from fences and floors that are equal in cover strength so I feel this would be a nice small bonus compared to them. if heavy bags are not added by this bad please ignore it

dburgdorf

Quote from: Ruisuki on October 29, 2018, 09:55:24 PMhello i think heavy sandbags are added by fertile fields? if so, is there any chance they could be made movable?/able to be reinstalled?

I thought I'd already made sandbags movable....  Hmm. Maybe that ability got lost somehow in the b18 -> b19/1.0 update.  I'll make a note to look into it.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Last update: 12/05/2018

This mod just adds several scenarios for RimWorld.

(1) Colonization Crash Course:

"Young adults from dozens of planets were drawn together in an ambitious project to colonize a virgin world. A fleet was launched to carry them to their destiny, stocked with the supplies that would ensure their success. 

"But one ship was lost along the way, victim of a fluke accident. Most of those it carried perished when it was destroyed, but a few found themselves stranded, alone and ill-equipped, on an unknown rimworld...."

This is a variation of the "Crashlanded" default scenario, altered so that your colonists are all young adults with a slightly better than average chance of having beneficial character traits.

To better simulate a crash landing, starting supplies don't include silver or a pet, and you'll only have wood immediately available if your pods happen to crush some trees as you land. There's also less steel and fewer components. But don't let that worry you, as you'll be encountering a fair number of falling ship chunks and "meteorites" composed of molten steel or components from your ship. These will fall frequently over the first few days, but will taper off as time goes on.

If you're really lucky, a cargo pod with valuable supplies or even a refugee pod could land nearby soon after your arrival. Of course, if you're not so lucky, a large chunk of steel from the remains of your ship might land right on top of your stores of food and medicine.

Oh, and be wary of fires. Meteorites and ship chunks now have a chance of starting fires when they land, and additionally, the ionization of the atmosphere from all the debris falling through it might cause a flashstorm or two.

(2) Colonization Crash Course - Low Tech:

This is the "Colonization Crash Course" scenario, but with one additional twist: none of your pawns start with the MacGyveresque ability to create complex power systems out of random junk and broken components. To put it in more specific game terms, you won't start with "Electricity" or any techs which depend upon it already known. Your colonists will need to do some research before they start building solar panels, batteries, air conditioners and the like.

(3) Crashlanded - Low Tech:

This is the default "Crashlanded" scenario with "Electricity" and any researches which depend upon it removed as starting techs, but otherwise unaltered.

(4) Moon Fall:

This is a tribal scenario. It's essentially the same as the default "Lost Tribe" scenario, except that your pawns are fleeing the devastation of their homeland caused by debris from the cataclysmic destruction of their planet's moon. The worst has passed, but you'll still have to contend with a lot of meteorites, and probably some flashstorms, especially in the early weeks of the game.

NOTE: By default, this mod changes meteorites and ship chunks so that they have a chance of starting fires, and changes pods so that they have a chance of crushing trees, scattering wood about, if they land in appropriate biomes. Both of those changes affect all games, regardless of the scenario being played or the storyteller in use. But both of them can be turned off in the mod's options menu, if you don't like them.

- Rainbeau Flambe (dburgdorf)

Steam Workshop Link

Dropbox Link

Compatibility:

All this mod really does is add a few scenarios (and a few scenario-specific incidents), so I doubt that it would conflict with anything. Adding the mod to or removing it from a game in progress should be safe.

Credits:

The mod utilizes Pardeike's "Harmony Patch Library." (No additional download is required, as the library is included with the mod.)

The idea for "Moon Fall" came from Ellit's scenario, "The Moon that Fell from the Sky."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Madman666

A small request for fertile fields, @Dburgdorf. Could you add an option for harvest\chop action to also produce plant scraps as cut plants does? I mean with rich\plowed soil expiration mechanic, those are kinda needed and you get them only by cutting plants. You lose on potential fertilizer materials every single time a colonist harvest a growzone, when you can order to cut plants instead and get same amounts of farm crops, but also a bonus scraps too. Micromanagin that is a bit tedious if you have several growzones though. So it would be nice if when they harvested it by default scraps were also produced along with crops.

dburgdorf

Quote from: Madman666 on October 31, 2018, 02:51:35 PMA small request for fertile fields, @Dburgdorf. Could you add an option for harvest\chop action to also produce plant scraps as cut plants does?

Yeah. That's actually something I should have thought of myself. ;)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Madman666

dburgdorf

Last update: 11/03/2018

Have you ever wondered why your pawns don't talk about each other?

Did no one wonder about sending that shifty cannibal Alex to bury the dead? How come Ray likes the abrasive psychopath who beat up her friend, just because she's never been insulted directly? And why is no one ever apologetic about anything they've done?

If you want more social complexity, or just enjoy gossip and intrigue in your stories, then look no further! "Rumor Has It" -- an update of SeveralPuffins' popular but sadly abandoned a17 mod, "Rumours and Deception" -- adds new social interactions, traits and thoughts that largely focus on people talking about people.

- Rainbeau Flambe (dburgdorf)

Steam Workshop Link

Dropbox Link

What It Adds:

(1) New Interactions!

- Chat About Other Pawns: Alice likes Bob. Bob hates Carol. Bob can now tell Alice this!

- Quarrel: Even friendly pawns can sometimes have their relationship damaged by an argument....

- Spread Rumor: Pawns will tell nasty, unsubstantiated tales to each other, particularly about pawns that neither of them like.

- Share Secret: A pawn can trust another enough to reveal something deep and personal, bringing them closer together.

- Reveal Secret: There's no guarantee that all trust is well placed! Pawns who have been told a secret can go and gossip about it to their friends!

- Apologize: Pawns can try to make up with others that they've insulted or hurt.

- Make Peace: Pawns may try and apologize on behalf of a third party.

- Culture Clash: Not all insults are intended! One pawn may insult another due to having a poor understanding of the other's cultural background. (Would you really expect a tribal pawn, for example, to understand glitterworld cultures?)

(2) New Traits!

- Compulsive Liar: Pawns with this trait just can't help themselves. Every conversation is an opportunity to make up some new, snide story about someone else.

- Gossip: Gossips talk about other people all the time. This extends to secrets, with which they simply can't be trusted.

- Gushing: Some pawns just cannot judge who to trust with their darkest secrets, exposing themselves to potential embarrassment.

- Manipulative: Pawns with this trait will use any social trick they know to make other people see things their way. They are great negotiators, but can be divisive and isolating within a colony.

- Peacemaker: Some pawns just can't stand to see their friends fighting. They will try to resolve other people's differences, and will get a mood boost if successful.

- Trustworthy: Trustworthy pawns keep secrets. They rarely spread rumors, and if they do, they feel terrible about it.

(3) New Events!

- Defection: Socially isolated pawns will suffer mood penalties and very regular mental breaks. If they remain friendless, they may, occasionally, walk off the map and join an ally.

- Splinter: In the unlikely event that a clique of friends forms within the colony that is largely hostile to its other members, they may choose to leave together and form a new map faction. They will take some of the colony's belongings with them as they go.

- Brawl:  Even if they don't leave, hostile cliques will start fights. Unless you patch up your fractured colony, mass brawls will break out.

NOTE: All of these events can be switched off in the mod's "Options" menu, but not entirely without consequence. Divided colonies, after all, are unhappy colonies.

(4) Negative Traits are Ameliorated for Those Who Share Them!

The negative impact of the Annoying Voice, Creepy Breathing, Disfigured, and Ugly traits is reduced for pawns who have any of those traits themselves. (This was originally a feature in SeveralPuffins' "Romance Diversified" mod, but I think it fits better here, in a mod that primarily focuses on what pawns think of each other.)

Compatibility:

"Rumor Has It" can safely be added to a game in progress. Removing it from a game in progress, however, could create problems.

This mod should be compatible with "Psychology," though you might notice that some traits or incidents overlap conceptually.

Credits:

Obviously, "Rumor Has It" owes a great deal to SeveralPuffins' "Rumours and Deception," inasmuch as it's pretty much just a direct update of that mod.

The "Quarrel" incident is taken from Linq/Word-Mule's "Expanded Incidents" mod.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Canute

About fishing,
could you maybe add a check for the fishing objects if they are still got water ?
Fertile field can't change the terrain, because the objects block it.
But moisture pump or a terraforming spell from Rim of Magic could change the terrain on these objects and they still work.

zmadz

Niceeeee one for rumor update/revival can't wait to put in my mod list and give it a test, last time i used it was in 16 !

publicuser

Cant download from Dropbox, is it possible to uploads mods to github, nexus or mediafire?