[1.2] Better Workbench Management (QoL mod)

Started by falconne, May 30, 2017, 06:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kori

docssy

I never knew I needed this until I updated and the workbench bills tab auto opened! Well done.

falconne

FYI for those who tested, I have just updated the Steam Workshop version to the latest. Thanks for your feedback.

Kori

Quote from: docssy on November 02, 2017, 09:35:46 AM
I never knew I needed this until I updated and the workbench bills tab auto opened! Well done.

I agree, this is one of those mods that make you wonder how you could ever play without it!

falconne

I've just done a bug fix update (v17.10), fixing a bug where mod functionality was not available on "Butchering" and "Cut any stone" Bills.

Heni

I am using your mod, is amazing! I dont have seen any bugs, if i see i will post here, thanks for the great work

MisterVertigo

"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

falconne

XeoNovaDan

Snapped this one up on first sight for A17, and it'll be the same case for B18. Thank you!

Rock5

This is one of the few must have mods left I'm waiting for before I play my next B18 game. The others being Cleaning Area and Zhentar's Tweaks.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

falconne

B18 update is now up. Let me know if you have any problems. A download link for the A17 version is provided for those who want it.

Also, user skyarkhangel on Github has added Russian translation for the mod. Other translations would be much appreciated. If you're able to, please go to the Github link to fork the repo and make a pull request. You can follow the existing Russian translation file as a guide. If you're able to work on a translation let me know first so I can make sure there is no double effort

Rock5

Thank you so much.

I have a gripe with butchery that it just occurred to me this mod could address seeing as it's a workbench related issue. I wish butchering animals allowed you to "Do until". You seem to know what you are doing. Could you add support for this please?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

SpaceDorf

Quote from: falconne on November 21, 2017, 05:47:53 AM
B18 update is now up. Let me know if you have any problems.

I can promise you that ;)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Nightinggale

Quote from: Rock5 on November 21, 2017, 07:14:40 AMI wish butchering animals allowed you to "Do until". You seem to know what you are doing. Could you add support for this please?
Do until what? Stockpiled meat? leather? bones? Something else from a mod yet to be written? Because butchering can provide lots of different stuff, this becomes somewhat complex. Disassembling mechanoids is also using the butchering code. Sure I would love to get good support for this, but I have to point out that there are more to it than just say "Do until".

I have plans for taking the code I made for BoneMod and release it as a generic library mod to allow xml only mods to add butcher products, which scales for body size, missing body parts etc. If BWM is going to expand in this area it would be a good idea to do some coordination to make the mods interact nicely with each other, hopefully in a generic way where the individual creatures/items can be added in new xml mods and it will just work.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Rock5

The way I see it butchering is for meat. Leather and other products are just byproducts. And I suspect that only meat can take up way, way more space than the carcass, which is the reason I'd like that option. So meat doesn't overflow the freezer.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport