A18

Started by RimworldOx, June 03, 2017, 10:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumpingeal

If you have a large amount of people caravaning, like 10+, then movement can get really laggy. The pawns should be considered 1 person, the emotions and mental breaks should be the same but the rest should be considered as 1 object to help with lag

saulysw

Quote from: corestandeven on August 20, 2017, 07:20:36 AM
I'd be happy with small changes and improvements to the gameplay for A18. ....

A lot of good suggestions there, I agree with most of them.

Romi

I just hope there is going to be more optimization, oh my god it lags hard in late game, even when I have only 5 colonists growing plants, I get stutters for every plant, even on the normal speed of the game.
And I would love to see more crazy events. Like a dispute between rival faction happening on your map.

asquirrel

I would love to see a command to stop the pawn from moving when he's been drafted.  Only way I can do it is to turn draft off and then back on.  Then the pawn drops the food he was about to eat on the floor.  Reason I have to do this is because sometimes when I move a group of pawns they end up outside the barricade. 

Daimonin

Quote from: enragedcamel on June 04, 2017, 09:45:44 PM
More combat-oriented vehicles would be great too. I mean we can build a starship. Not sure why we shouldn't be be able to build a tank.

I dream of the day when my colony defense includes a platoon of Mechs.

Topper

the world gen needs more tooltips to clarify what practical changes the sliders cause to world gen as well as a mountainous-ness slider to generate worlds with fewer flat hexs

wakko151

Unstable Beta Branch is out.

Bergil

What I really wanted to see was more optimization.

I tried (and want to) play Rimworld as an army moving around the map and knocking out hostile bases. What I find happens is that the game just drammatically slows down after several years worth of in game play and especially with higher pawn counts.

Any chance of optimization happening before the game is finished?

gipothegip

Quote from: Bergil on October 29, 2017, 06:08:18 PM
What I really wanted to see was more optimization.

I tried (and want to) play Rimworld as an army moving around the map and knocking out hostile bases. What I find happens is that the game just drammatically slows down after several years worth of in game play and especially with higher pawn counts.

Any chance of optimization happening before the game is finished?

I can't speak for Ludeon, but there likely will be.

Extensive optimization is usually the last thing that gets done, since it's harder to do so while still adding features and mechanics as they can break things.

Doing optimization and development at the same time usually ends up duplicating efforts, which isn't efficient. Most developers and early access games I've seen do enough optimization to make the game playable within the realm of regular gameplay while in development, then do massive optimization and bug fixes just before release.
Should I feel bad that nearly half my posts are in the off topic section?

Bergil