[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maculator

Does CE work with
Humanoid Alien Races 2.0? (http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=839005762), because I'd like to play with Tribal Planet (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32473.0) and the related stuff.
But I'm worried about the HAR mod not beeing compatible with CE :/

Kori

Quote from: maculator on September 22, 2017, 05:32:20 AM
Does CE work with
Humanoid Alien Races 2.0? (http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=839005762), because I'd like to play with Tribal Planet (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32473.0) and the related stuff.
But I'm worried about the HAR mod not beeing compatible with CE :/

I also was wondering about the Tribal Essentials compatibility because of the weapons it modifies? (at least Great Bow, Spear and Pila are listed in Tribal Essentials' OP for some reason)

Xiyn

Question.  Is there a way to raise the priority of changing equipment and grabbing loadout items?  My pawns will often go half a day before changing their loadout or outfit.  I tried to have combat and worker outfits for the same pawns, but they'd never change in any reasonable amount of time. 

I thought that it may be tied to the hauling job, but I haven't noticed much of a change having hauling as a top priority vs not. 

NoImageAvailable

Alien Races needs compatibility patches for each race. Tribal Essentials should have no conflicts.

Quote from: Xiyn on September 22, 2017, 10:45:14 PM
Question.  Is there a way to raise the priority of changing equipment and grabbing loadout items?  My pawns will often go half a day before changing their loadout or outfit.  I tried to have combat and worker outfits for the same pawns, but they'd never change in any reasonable amount of time. 

I thought that it may be tied to the hauling job, but I haven't noticed much of a change having hauling as a top priority vs not.

Outfits are 100% vanilla and only update once per day or so. Loadout priority depends on stock, if they're below half stock they should prioritize it over regular (but not emergency) work. Otherwise they'll grab things if they're nearby. If your ammo is stored in some out of the way location nobody ever goes to that would cause pawns to not update very often.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

NoImageAvailable

UPDATE: v1.6 released

Update 1.6 brings a basic compatibility patch for the Trading Economy mod and some minor bug fixes. It also replaces the (incorrect) .338 Lapua HE ammo type with a hollow-point type instead. This means that if your save game has guns using this round you'll need to manually open your save file and replace all instances of "338Lapua_HE" with "338Lapua_HP". Save files without any .338 weapons should be unaffected.

Edit: Also includes a compatibility patch for Mechanoids Extraordinaire

Kori

Why don't you mention the compatibility patch for Mechanoids Extraordinaire?
That's awesome!  :o

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Kori on September 23, 2017, 05:51:01 PM

A multitude of very good and very complicated reasons (by which I mean I forgot)

Kori

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on September 24, 2017, 03:43:19 AM
Quote from: Kori on September 23, 2017, 05:51:01 PM

A multitude of very good and very complicated reasons (by which I mean I forgot)

;D Thanks for the patch!

Tyriq

I've noticed that brain and eye injuries can be sutured and healed now. Is this a bug or a feature?

hendrikpfaff

I forgot to tell you that the Trading Economy mod also brings 3 Walkblem weapons (2guns,1sword), Walkblem Smokepop and a Walkblem Power Armor.

When the next update comes out for CE, could you update the Trading Economy patch to have the Combat Extended mechanic?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Tyriq on September 24, 2017, 01:47:32 PM
I've noticed that brain and eye injuries can be sutured and healed now. Is this a bug or a feature?

A bug.

Quote from: hendrikpfaff on September 25, 2017, 08:34:07 AM
I forgot to tell you that the Trading Economy mod also brings 3 Walkblem weapons (2guns,1sword), Walkblem Smokepop and a Walkblem Power Armor.

When the next update comes out for CE, could you update the Trading Economy patch to have the Combat Extended mechanic?

No. I don't usually make compatibility patches, except sometimes when its only really small changes.

Nekokon

I just noticed a weird issue. My pawns can't wear shield if they have a bionic left arm (it says "missing body part").
I changed it into a normal prosthetic arm but it's the same, so I guess it's not because of EPOE's added parts but shield is tagged specifically onto "left arm" and no other replacement. Can you have a look at this please ?

Kori

Not sure if this has been adressed with 1.6 already, but with 1.5 it also happened to me that when I tried to buy ammo from traders, their people would pick it up immediately right after dropping it.
So when I buy ammo I usually hit space right after accepting the deal and forbid all the ammo I just bought. That keeps the NPCs from stealing it and I can start hauling it to my storage.

Kori

The Patch for Rimfire sets the weight of the Mitrailleuse to 39kg, and I don't know how I am supposed to use that gun.  ???
Among my 20 colonists there is only one who can carry 44kg (rest is 40kg and below), and even if this guy carries nothing but the gun, he couldn't pick up the ammunition (one magazine is 10kg) anymore.

Is this an oversight or am I missing something?
Also the description still calls it a "light-weight multi-barrel machine gun" (Rimfire's original weight is 8kg..)

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Nekokon on September 25, 2017, 10:39:30 PM
I just noticed a weird issue. My pawns can't wear shield if they have a bionic left arm (it says "missing body part").
I changed it into a normal prosthetic arm but it's the same, so I guess it's not because of EPOE's added parts but shield is tagged specifically onto "left arm" and no other replacement. Can you have a look at this please ?

Known vanilla issue, nothing we can do to fix it.

Quote from: Kori on September 28, 2017, 03:04:43 AM
The Patch for Rimfire sets the weight of the Mitrailleuse to 39kg, and I don't know how I am supposed to use that gun.  ???
Among my 20 colonists there is only one who can carry 44kg (rest is 40kg and below), and even if this guy carries nothing but the gun, he couldn't pick up the ammunition (one magazine is 10kg) anymore.

Is this an oversight or am I missing something?
Also the description still calls it a "light-weight multi-barrel machine gun" (Rimfire's original weight is 8kg..)

I'm not involved with the Rimfire patch but I assume whoever did the stats used the real-world M134 Minigun for a base. The thing about IRL miniguns is they're not really useful as crew-served (much less personal) weapons precisely because of their weight and the weight of the ammo. That said, you could probably still use it with power armor, since it adds its own weight + 20kg to carry weight.