[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazyroosterman

ill update this when I get the time to do more testing but I have to go now.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: crazyroosterman on July 07, 2018, 05:56:42 AM
also using hugslibs debug functionality I got a file relating to the core problem that combat extended seems to be having which is in the debug log im getting (which seems to repeat for each pawn with a gun) ,Ce tried generating load out for (name of character here) without complnventory.

You're using incompatible race mods
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

crazyroosterman

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on July 07, 2018, 07:58:52 AM
Quote from: crazyroosterman on July 07, 2018, 05:56:42 AM
also using hugslibs debug functionality I got a file relating to the core problem that combat extended seems to be having which is in the debug log im getting (which seems to repeat for each pawn with a gun) ,Ce tried generating load out for (name of character here) without complnventory.

You're using incompatible race mods
was being a total dumbass yesterday and couldn't find this thread again yesterday (: also the race mods are working fine with ce (and each other) as far I can tell unless of course theres bugs and strangeness occurring that im not noticing.
interestingly I discovered the problem was coming from a conflict between ce and ultimate survival once I turned off ultimate I stopped getting the bugs.

tombery8

Have a problem with Mechanoids Extraordinaire mod.
Mechanoids of Mechanoids Extraordinaire mod spawn with no ammo. They are pretty much very easy targets.

crazyroosterman

Quote from: tombery8 on July 09, 2018, 07:53:45 AM
Have a problem with Mechanoids Extraordinaire mod.
Mechanoids of Mechanoids Extraordinaire mod spawn with no ammo. They are pretty much very easy targets.
are you using any other mods along side that and combat extended of course?
the conflict I mentioned if you have combat extended and ultimate survival on should be responsible though I cant say for sure since I never encountered any extrodinares that were meant to use ranged weaponry when I had them both on.
or since vanilla mechanoids don't require ammo the mod might not be compensating the extrodinares if there coming under mechanoids in the code.

tombery8

Quote from: crazyroosterman on July 09, 2018, 08:48:26 AM
the conflict I mentioned if you have combat extended and ultimate survival on should be responsible though I cant say for sure since I never encountered any extrodinares that were meant to use ranged weaponry when I had them both on.
or since vanilla mechanoids don't require ammo the mod might not be compensating the extrodinares if there coming under mechanoids in the code.
Uhm, maybe I will try a new save with only CE and Mechanoids Extraordinaire to test.

PS: Tried, mechs from Mechanoids Extraordinaire still don't have ammo.

crazyroosterman

Quote from: tombery8 on July 09, 2018, 09:19:02 AM
Quote from: crazyroosterman on July 09, 2018, 08:48:26 AM
Uhm, maybe I will try a new save with only CE and Mechanoids Extraordinaire to test.

PS: Tried, mechs from Mechanoids Extraordinaire still don't have ammo.
my theory makes the most sense to me I think ce simply isn't giving them ammo since the vanilla mechanoids don't use ammunition (at least last time I fought them with ce being involved)

though thinking about it its strange that the extrodinares need ammo(those that use ranged of course) and the vanilla don't.

tombery8

These mods have been made compatible with CE:
A Dog Said
Achtung!
Apparello
Clutter Weapon Hands (part of Clutter Misc)
EPOE
FashionRIMsta
Hand 'n' Footwear
Mechanoids Extraordinaire
Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
Rimfire
Simple Sidearms
Vanilla-Friendly Animal Surgery
Vanilla-Friendly Weapon Expansion
Zombieland
As you can see Mechanoids Extraordinaire is in the list of compatible mod with CE.
One of mechs in the mod named Vespa use charge rifle, vanilla weapon.
Vanilla mechanoids still spawn with ammo of their weapons.

I think there are some problem with built in patch of CE.

SansMasterBudaa :3

Hello

Im using this mod with sidearms and i create a colony but i found a issue
when i equiped a colonist with any gun and then another gun i cannot use another sidearm like pistol or another one, when I check the configuration, mods and sidearms puts me in the limits part that disabled in favor CE system
Theres a way to change it? :(

AnotherFireFox

Can any weapon, saying a grenade machine gun, can be dual-mode with this mod?
As you know, the can be shoot directly and/or indirectly.
I'm in dire need of having indirectly shooting mk.19 to defense my base from filthy tribals.

makute

Quote from: SansMasterBudaa :3 on July 19, 2018, 10:30:00 PMwhen I check the configuration, mods and sidearms puts me in the limits part that disabled in favor CE system
Theres a way to change it? :(
Forget the "Limits" tab, it's the "Presets" what you're looking for.

Logicsol

It there any way to adjust the behavior of lost limbs? It feels a bit problematic that wild animals will bleed out from any limb loss.

Xubrim

Quote from: Logicsol on August 23, 2018, 08:49:10 PM
It there any way to adjust the behavior of lost limbs? It feels a bit problematic that wild animals will bleed out from any limb loss.

I know Gameplay > Realism, but bleeding out because your legs got blown off sounds pretty reasonable. Lost limbs are some of the most grievous injuries possible. If an animal could walk that off, wouldn't they start to feel a bit zombieish? Or what did you have in mind?

I admit that manhunters feel pretty trivialized by a couple full auto colonists, but I'm not sure that's the way to fix it. Maybe make them a little more difficult to hit? I don't know.