[B19] ResearchPal and HelpTab

Started by notfood, June 13, 2017, 10:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: wwWraith on January 17, 2018, 06:15:35 PM
Quote from: notfood on January 17, 2018, 05:34:28 PM
I did some changes to HelpTab, it shouldn't cause issues anymore. If anyone has them please share the logs in the HelpTab thread.

Do you mean it in the last release 0.18.1.0 from 23.11.2017 or there should be newer version?

I saw that too, but the version I just downloaded was different in file size from the one I most previously had. You know, you can usually do something like that, as both folders don't have any extras like Source or github stuff, to see if you have something different than the most up to date version - I did..

Kori

Quote from: GingerTea on August 27, 2017, 01:55:30 PM
HelpTab conflicts with Psychology. It disables the "treat [trait]" surgery.
Shame, since it's a great mod.

Is the latest version of HelpTab now compatible with Psychology?

Kori

Got the chance to test it myself, and HelpTab and Psychology are not compatible yet.

When HelpTab is active, the new surgery options of Psychology (treating anxiety,..) are still not available.   :(

deus-misereatur

Just out of curiousity, but what determines the color of the tech when viewed in the Research Tree?

Kori

Quote from: deus-misereatur on February 03, 2018, 03:27:44 PM
Just out of curiousity, but what determines the color of the tech when viewed in the Research Tree?

Tech level maybe?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Kori on February 04, 2018, 03:51:46 AM
Quote from: deus-misereatur on February 03, 2018, 03:27:44 PM

Tech level maybe?

That's what I would have guessed but that doesn't seem correct when I think about it. There were a lot of industrial techs that were the same color, but then I remember some medicines and drugs being blues/pinks/purples and some of them would have been industrial as well. If it were tech level, then you would see the color bands most likely be separated horizontally, because the later techs would be to the right, and not have colors changing vertically, as they do now.

I think it's more of what it is tied to, or rather where it falls in place on the HelpTab window it self. Everything at the bottom is red, and it transitions between that and the top.

Or I could be completely wrong :)

deus-misereatur

I guess its a mystery! :-)

Thanks anyway!

Ruisuki

Quote from: Kori on February 03, 2018, 01:00:37 PM
Got the chance to test it myself, and HelpTab and Psychology are not compatible yet.

When HelpTab is active, the new surgery options of Psychology (treating anxiety,..) are still not available.   :(
But the rest of the mod is compatible without helptab module? Safe to delete just in case?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 19, 2018, 09:07:59 AMBut the rest of the mod is compatible without helptab module? Safe to delete just in case?
Anything is safe to delete as long as you have backups ;)

Kori

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 19, 2018, 09:07:59 AM

But the rest of the mod is compatible without helptab module? Safe to delete just in case?

I don't know, I'm still waiting for the fix before I can play with this mod.  :-\

wwWraith

I'd say it's a neglible problem (though of course I don't mean that it shouldn't be fixed). Without surgery you only have to treat anxiety once every 4 or 5 days and its effect is very minor. And you can "simulate" surgery by removing this hediff via devtool. So your gameplay will be practically the same.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Kori

Quote from: wwWraith on February 19, 2018, 12:13:39 PM

I'd say it's a neglible problem (though of course I don't mean that it shouldn't be fixed). Without surgery you only have to treat anxiety once every 4 or 5 days and its effect is very minor. And you can "simulate" surgery by removing this hediff via devtool. So your gameplay will be practically the same.

It's not only anxiety, you can also ease depression, keep pyromaniacs from starting fires or prevent drug binges. This requires continuous treatment, so deleting the hediff wouldn't be the same.  :-\

Harry_Dicks

But drug binges keep things interesting :(

I'm starting to love the really screwed up pawns. Chemical Fascination is awesome, too.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Kori on February 19, 2018, 11:18:42 AM
Quote from: Ruisuki on February 19, 2018, 09:07:59 AM

I don't know, I'm still waiting for the fix before I can play with this mod.  :-\
Maybe check out research tree by fluffy while you wait? It seems to do similar things and fluffy is cool
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1266570759&searchtext=research

Kori

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 19, 2018, 01:34:59 PM
But drug binges keep things interesting :(
They do, but I'm playing with CaP, that's why I prefer to have an option to cure it.

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 19, 2018, 03:43:40 PM
Maybe check out research tree by fluffy while you wait? It seems to do similar things and fluffy is cool
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1266570759&searchtext=research

I already play with research tree, it's a great mod! :)