[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Architect+ (v1.0)

Started by pawnstorm, May 01, 2014, 04:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawnstorm

Yeah I get it now, I'll do some more tweaking when I get back home on tuesday. Right now I'm stuck babysitting 2 cats and a dachshund :P. Why 36 though? The number of items that fit in a row is different between resolutions, wouldn't it be better to just fill a certain number of rows max?

How about I
- replace the sort checkbox with a search textfield
- make the small icons slightly less small and change the font to something without antialiasing
- create a new dialog in the place of the item info dialog when no tab is selected, where you can set per tab whether you want them sorted, want small or normal icons and the maximum amount of vertical screen real estate in pixels it's allowed to use per page
- find some way for the game to save these settings

Will that make everybody happy? :P

CyborgDragon

Could you also fix it so hotkeys still work in the small menus? That's my biggest issue I have with the small menus. I often right click and hit x to cancel or c to deconstruct something, but when the last menu I opened was one of the small ones, it doesn't work.

joeyeti

Hari Seldon

Hey there, would I be able to include your mod in my own if I ever get around to releasing it. I'm making some new floors, eventually new walls and furniture too. Problem is, there's too much for the vanilla ui to handle.

I sent a pm 2 days back but I'm wary of how many people actually look at their inbox. So here I am.

pawnstorm

Quote from: Hari Seldon on May 05, 2014, 07:47:59 AM
Hey there, would I be able to include your mod in my own if I ever get around to releasing it. I'm making some new floors, eventually new walls and furniture too. Problem is, there's too much for the vanilla ui to handle.

I sent a pm 2 days back but I'm wary of how many people actually look at their inbox. So here I am.
I do check my PMs regularly but it seems I completely overlooked yours. Maybe someone else sent me a pm too around that time and I forgot to look at yours, either that or I must've been boozed out of my skull :P.
Anyway, feel free to include my mod in yours.

Hari Seldon

pawnstorm

Quote from: CyborgDragon on May 04, 2014, 12:36:02 PM
Could you also fix it so hotkeys still work in the small menus?
Will be fixed in the next release.

Also, I think I'm dropping the search feature, unless someone has any idea how I can make it work properly. The problem is mainly focus related, if I put a textfield in the architect menu it automatically grabs focus and absorbs all item hotkeys. I suppose I could make a button to show the textfield and just remove the hotkeys in search mode, but it doesn't absorb game controls like moving the camera.

pawnstorm

So, any comments on the version I released earlier today? Any important features still missing? Does the settings dialog look ok?

Hari Seldon

I tested it a bit today, icons are much better sized now, haven't really messed with the various settings.

dannyepsin

this mod allows me to have loads at 1 time. thank you for such a great mod pawn.

pawnstorm

Released another new version. I think this will be the last update for a while, I'm pretty happy with it now.

minami26