[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Architect+ (v1.0)

Started by pawnstorm, May 01, 2014, 04:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawnstorm

Architect+

Description:
Adds pages to the architect menus and shows a fixed amount of items per page.
You can browse through the pages by clicking the buttons in the architect menu.

Download:
The download link is at the bottom of this post or here.

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in game.

Notes:
- Click on "Architect+" to open up the settings dialog.

Changelog:
0.1- Released
0.5- Some fixes and added small icons
0.6- Added a sort option
0.9- Changed name to Architect+ and added a settings menu
1.0- Tweaked the menu a bit and changed auto icon behaviour a little

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

jamieg

Perfect for the BIG Bang!! I appreciate you doing this!!
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

pawnstorm

Quote from: jamieg on May 01, 2014, 04:45:52 PM
Perfect for the BIG Bang!! I appreciate you doing this!!
I already tested it briefly on the big bang with all mods activated, seems to work just fine :).

jamieg

Im loading up now :) if its fine Ill probs upload an update tomoz at some point!! SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW, and im sure alot of people will be too ;)
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

jamieg

I cant get it working? it didnt take the usual long time to load the map, instead black screened with crazy unity console error log

Architect

pawnstorm, any time you wanna stop making the rest of us look like amateurs is cool by me... XD I kid, you're doing some amazing stuff with the game, don't be away too long :D
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

pawnstorm

Quote from: jamieg on May 01, 2014, 04:55:11 PM
I cant get it working? it didnt take the usual long time to load the map, instead black screened with crazy unity console error log
Hmm, curious, what did it say? Are you using the same big bang release as on your forum thread? Maybe you could try disabling the other mods and if that works, enable some until it fails again.

jamieg

Yeah Im gunna have a play around with it :) hopefully get it working by tomoz but I have faith in you!!

pawnstorm

Quote from: Architect on May 01, 2014, 04:56:05 PM
pawnstorm, any time you wanna stop making the rest of us look like amateurs is cool by me... XD I kid, you're doing some amazing stuff with the game, don't be away too long :D
Thanks for the compliment! I'm just a humble shoeshiner though, the credit should go to Tynan for making his game so accessible for modders :). And also one of the nicest examples of object oriented programming I've come across. Personally I don't really like c# though, if it was up to me, we'd all still be doing structured programming. But I recognise art when I see it ^^

Architect

C# is all I've even known XD Well, that and python... What do you mean by structured programming?

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

pawnstorm

Quote from: Architect on May 01, 2014, 05:17:34 PM
C# is all I've even known XD Well, that and python... What do you mean by structured programming?
Ah, the last game I extensively modded has a python modding system :P. Structured programming used to be the status quo until object oriented programming became the new black. "Old" languages like C are primarily focussed on it.

Vas

This is nice, but it won't help if the architect isn't improved.  It just means that much more clicking around and hunting.  We need a search feature, and the ability to hide things from view that we don't intend to ever build, and the ability to make it into a word list rather than a huge icon list, the word list would just have smaller icons next to each name.  Icons about the size of the text height.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Tynan

Quote from: Vas on May 01, 2014, 05:31:35 PM
This is nice, but it won't help if the architect isn't improved.  It just means that much more clicking around and hunting.  We need a search feature, and the ability to hide things from view that we don't intend to ever build, and the ability to make it into a word list rather than a huge icon list, the word list would just have smaller icons next to each name.  Icons about the size of the text height.

Yes, the menu is being stressed by being asked to carry far more than it was designed for. I've made some improvements for A4 which should help things (especially modder-defined categories so you can make your own category).

Paging is a great idea though, I should've thought of this!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Architect

Quote from: pawnstorm on May 01, 2014, 05:22:16 PM
Quote from: Architect on May 01, 2014, 05:17:34 PM
Ah, the last game I extensively modded has a python modding system :P. Structured programming used to be the status quo until object oriented programming became the new black. "Old" languages like C are primarily focussed on it.

So had did people access individual instances data if nothing was object orientated?

mrofa

pawnstorm could you just make a normal list like window insted of icons?
All i do is clutter all around.