[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zizard

What do people do with photosensitives? Seems like they either take -20% work speed or -5 mood, if they are doing anything useful. So it's like a situational lazy / pessimist. Giving them a dark workshop kind of hurts because they won't have the +12% from toolboxes. Does removing their eyes fix it?

System.Linq

Quote from: WonTon on May 15, 2018, 09:50:33 PM
Hi, I'm getting a massive slowdown bug that I've traced back to Psychology. My log spams "Socialite found on map" unendingly. It does this 5000 times, then gives me 1 "checking for party", and then repeats the 5000 again, forever. The game becomes unplayably slow because of this. Sorry if this isn't where to ask about the mod, but here's the log output for that instance.

Verse.Log:Message(String)
Psychology.Harmony.VoluntarilyJoinableLordsStarter_StartPartyPatch:ExtraSocialiteParties(VoluntarilyJoinableLordsStarter)
RimWorld.VoluntarilyJoinableLordsStarter:Tick_TryStartParty_Patch1(Object)
RimWorld.VoluntarilyJoinableLordsStarter:VoluntarilyJoinableLordsStarterTick()
Verse.Map:MapPostTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Kindly update before submitting bug reports.

The Real Soviet

Can someone explain to me, how works Kisney rating and romance drive? I want to make perfect (for me of course :P) colonists and play with them.

Kori

Quote from: The Real Soviet on May 22, 2018, 12:33:48 PM
Can someone explain to me, how works Kisney rating and romance drive? I want to make perfect (for me of course :P) colonists and play with them.

0 heterosexual
1 heterosexual with slight interest in the same gender
2 heterosexual with strong interest in the same gender
3 bisexual
4 gay with strong interest in the other gender
5 gay with slight interest in the other gender
6 gay

The Real Soviet

Quote0 heterosexual
1 heterosexual with slight interest in the same gender
2 heterosexual with strong interest in the same gender
3 bisexual
4 gay with strong interest in the other gender
5 gay with slight interest in the other gender
6 gay
Thanks. Now: romance drive?

WonTon

Quote from: Linq on May 20, 2018, 07:56:07 AM

I did? It's the newest of both the game and the mod.

SirDarin

does the election work for anyone else? I noticed that after the first election, the new candidates will be shown each year but none of them will be elected as mayor. Does anyone else get this problem and is there a way to force the election to occur?

zizard

Quote from: HolyHannah on April 06, 2018, 06:25:27 PM
So i am loving this mod so far, But I have a long time (300 in game days) married couple that, as far as opinion on each other they have been floating at around 20 opinion of each other  since they had a baby, which is fine, but they just hung out with each other, and after ONE conversation about "their life" suddenly they are at -100. This seems totally absurd. even though it was "a very lengthy back-and forth" i dont thing any single conversation should give -188 opinion points!?

This doesnt seem Realistic in the slightest. Disagreeing on many things over a large period of time i could see how they could perhaps drift apart.  Or maybe 2 or three big arguments like this could lead to -100, But this is crazy to me. maybe if they werent married for so long i could see how one long bakc and forth could make you hate someone, but this one conversation after many years of a decent marriage has just taken it too far. I could understand one huge long disagreement being like -50 or -75, but -188 is just so crazy, and probably impossible to come back from.

The large opinion modifiers may be due to the multiplier proportional to the length of the conversation.

//The length of the talk has a large impact on how much the pawn cares.
opinionMod *= 5f * (this.ageTicks / (GenDate.TicksPerHour * 2.25f));

This gives a multiplier of 2.22x(conversation length in hours)

Perhaps it is possible to have very long conversations, for example, between colonists working at adjacent research stations, or pawns in prison. This needs to be modified by a clamping function such as square root or logarithm, and also a hard cap on the conversation length, say 1 hour. I suggest that the maximum modifier for a single talk should be around 20, with average values around 5.

System.Linq

Quote from: WonTon on May 23, 2018, 12:19:25 AM
Quote from: Linq on May 20, 2018, 07:56:07 AM

I did? It's the newest of both the game and the mod.
I think you're mistaken, unless I forgot to update the Nexus version of the mod. What you provided is a debug message which is straight up removed from the code in the latest version, so if you're getting it, you are not running the latest version.

Andre27

In what ways is this incompatible with HelpTab, aswell as Children and Pregnancy? I find HelpTab quite useful and while I haven't played much with Children and Pregnancy it seems intresting, but so does this.

Madman666

HelpTab somehow disables some medical bills from Psychology you really wanna use - like curing anxiety, treating pyromania and etc. At least thats what i found.

The Real Soviet

I'm playing with both Children an Pregnancy and Psychology and I don't see any bugs.

SirDarin

The only bug I've noticed with children and pregnancy is that psychology doesn't like the infant backstories and from c&p and will randomly assign a different one.

Kait

Is it normal that "Pretty" trait doesn't give a social buff ? Is it like more implicit with the mod, like people liking the pawn more easily, without a fixed buff ?

SirDarin

I believe pretty improves the opinion other pawns have towards the pretty pawn