[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

System.Linq

Quote from: Vyrena on July 04, 2017, 05:03:36 AM
Quote from: Linq on July 04, 2017, 04:10:42 AM
Quote from: Vyrena on July 04, 2017, 04:06:28 AM
Hi Psychology,

Your 4 July 2017 version of Psychology on Nexus unzips into expanded incidents only. Is that intended?

Fixed.

Hi, I just re-downloaded it and the rar file still only contained expanded incidents.
Weird. Try now.

Quote from: GenericUsername on July 04, 2017, 04:38:54 AM
It gave me a bunch of messages when I launched the game like this:
Pure already has short hash.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.ShortHashGiver:GiveShortHash(Def, Type)
Verse.ShortHashGiver:GiveAllShortHashes()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__84E()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

For several traits like Pure, Cultured, Creative, Moralistic, etc.
---
Colony loaded, I got a bunch of "Start" and "Check1" messages, they're in white so I don't think they're errors, but here's what they say anyways:
check1
Verse.Log:Message(String)
Psychology.Harmony.InteractionWorker_RomanceAttempt_SelectionWeightPatch:PsychologyException(Single&, Pawn, Pawn)
RimWorld.InteractionWorker_RomanceAttempt:RandomSelectionWeight_Patch1(Object, Pawn, Pawn)
RimWorld.<TryInteractRandomly>c__AnonStorey354:<>m__358(InteractionDef)
Verse.GenCollection:TryRandomElementByWeight(IEnumerable`1, Func`2, InteractionDef&)
RimWorld.Pawn_InteractionsTracker:TryInteractRandomly()
RimWorld.Pawn_InteractionsTracker:InteractionsTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

----
Okay, about 20 seconds into loading the colony, the error happened. Here's the log at that point:
https://pastebin.com/Fdt57t4v

It's too big to directly copy on this forum, I paused right after an error though so that's at the end.
Awesome, thanks. I'll send you another one and you can see if it fixes it for you.

GenericUsername

QuoteAwesome, thanks. I'll send you another one and you can see if it fixes it for you.

I don't think it changed much?
I removed the earlier .dll you sent me and put the new one (vgvwkg.dll) in the Assemblies folder of the mod.
A few seconds after loading the colony I started getting errors, about once every 3/4 seconds on the third speed setting.

Here's the log:
https://pastebin.com/xY9By935

System.Linq

How come it doesn't have any of the white messages in it?

GenericUsername

The "Start" and "Check1" messages? I don't know.
This is what my Assemblies folder looks like right now:

System.Linq

Yeah you need to remove Psychology.dll.

GenericUsername

I let it run for a bit, didn't bring up any of the earlier errors:
https://pastebin.com/tJ2PuCzP

It cut off the beginning though, I think the ingame log has a fixed length and it starts deleting the start once it gets to maximum length.
---
On a sidenote, colonists don't seem to party or flirt at all.
They have conversations and have opinions on each other but I haven't seen a single party or relationship. The only time they congregate is for elections.

Even had two colonists become enemies after a conversation about manners which got them a -190 malus. Sheesh.

System.Linq

It's worth noting the malus isn't permanent. They'll forget that conversation in about a year.

So you're not getting the error anymore?

GenericUsername

Nope, I've been letting the colony run with the error log on "auto open" and it hasn't come up on its own once. Nothing red in it.

System.Linq

GenericUsername

So do I keep this .dll with the debug info permanently or do I phase it out with the next mod update?

Also anything I can do about the missing parties and flirting?

System.Linq

Quote from: GenericUsername on July 04, 2017, 03:32:09 PM
So do I keep this .dll with the debug info permanently or do I phase it out with the next mod update?

Also anything I can do about the missing parties and flirting?
You can keep it until the next update when the bug is fixed for everyone.

I'll look into the parties, but your pawns probably aren't flirting because they aren't interested in each other. You can view interaction chance statistics in the debug info of the Social tab.

edit: Looks like women's attractiveness formula had a mistake that was returning 15% for a lot of pawns. And pawns have to be at least 25% attractive to get hit on, so women were not hitting on people very much.

gearsofcandy

Speaking of Female attraction, I noticed how some of my female pawns - even those who had a Kinsey rating of 0 had a low RomanceAttraction to some of my male pawns, even those who had the Beautiful trait.
So it seems to be a little too low.

System.Linq

Yes, I've already fixed the bug. It happens only to women, because of a premature return statement.

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-7-4:
-Fixed a bug where only one pawn would be considered to be wearing matching apparel, because they were wearing less than the other pawn, and what they WERE wearing was also being worn by the other pawn.
-The Individuality thought is now activated when your colonists no longer have low expectations, rather than by time passed.
-Fixed another NPE in romance attempts that was caused by the Kinsey system being turned off.
-Psyche presets will now be saved in Prepare Carefully. Please clap.

Elimenator8970

I'm trying to use Psychology with Hardcore Global SK, but the button to change personality traits isn't there while Preparing Carefully. Am I doing something wrong or is it just not compatible with the modpack?