whats your most pathetic colonist death?.

Started by crazyroosterman, July 01, 2017, 01:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GngBngBus

Quote from: Ekarus on July 20, 2017, 06:00:59 AM
Colony got hit by a load of mechanoids, there were around eight centipedes and I think six scyhters, two of which had those god-awful railguns.

Didn't have access to any armor, just some sniper rifles and such, funneled em as one does and won without any casualties. Several of the centipedes were downed but not dead so I sent a colonist to shoot at one of the downed mechanoids in hopes of leveling her up.

She had a heart attack and dropped dead on the spot.
lul Rip

shaw357

Alpha 14 or so, my original colonist, my favorite colonist who was an expert shooter, grower, crafter, suffered a brain injury and became a vegetable. I had so much of an attachment to him, that I kept him in bed rest and kept him fed for about a year until I found a cyro sleep pod in an ancient ruins. After some internal struggle, I hauled him into that sleep pod hoping that one day, many years from now, it would be possible to un-vegetable him. He's not technically dead, just rotting in some sleep pod until the end of time.

crazyroosterman

Quote from: shaw357 on July 28, 2017, 03:23:23 PM
Alpha 14 or so, my original colonist, my favorite colonist who was an expert shooter, grower, crafter, suffered a brain injury and became a vegetable. I had so much of an attachment to him, that I kept him in bed rest and kept him fed for about a year until I found a cyro sleep pod in an ancient ruins. After some internal struggle, I hauled him into that sleep pod hoping that one day, many years from now, it would be possible to un-vegetable him. He's not technically dead, just rotting in some sleep pod until the end of time.
well that doesn't technically count as a death nor can I judge weather its truly pathetic without any detail on what caused said injury.
however I gotta say that's really freaking sad one of my colonists got brain damage during a battle but he isn't brain damaged he's just a bit slower and worse at everything than he used to be.

SpaceDorf

My perfectly carfully prepared Space Marine got crushed by a Shippart from Crashlanding Mod while trying to put out a fire from another crashed part.
He burned to death, his powerarmor and equipment burned with him. 
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

BinkyThePirate

Thinky 3, my (3rd) researcher. She survived malaria, infestations, poison ships, even a frag grenade to the face during a sapper raid...

Went for a walk and got eaten by a cougar.

Dargaron

This is more a player failure than a pawn failure.

During my third attempt at Rhadament's Tribal Survival Challenge, I forgot to check my pawn's skills closely enough. Turns out, both of them were incapable of Caring. Both pawns died to infections from the first Mad Animal...which was a rat. One colonist got hit by the rat itself, the other was accidentally shot by their comrade with an awful shortbow. Both wounds festered. RIP.

ruddthree

I got tired of save-scumming like a sissy and gave up after cassandra gave me back-to-back disasters killing 10+ colonists in a few days...

SpaceDorf

Quote from: ruddthree on August 05, 2017, 07:33:29 PM
I got tired of save-scumming like a sissy and gave up after cassandra gave me back-to-back disasters killing 10+ colonists in a few days...

I think you misunderstood the thread and its title .. cheer up ..

Today I killed 4 colonists and set my base on fire, because I ordered close air support ...

which proved Maxim 5. 15. and 20.

5.Close air support and friendly fire should be easier to tell apart
15. Only you can prevent friendly fire.
20. If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win.

===== EDIT =====

Okay .. the most pathetic thing I have seen in Rimworld is this item stash.
Guarded by five turrets, two enemies and a fire-mortar.

I got into minimum range of the mortar, and hid behind the rock in the lower left ..
one enemie attacked me and got killed, the other I sniped from cover ..
then it started raining and all the outside batteries went Zzzzt ...

so take comfort in the knowledge that the rng not only screws your base, but every base :)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Jumpingeal

Cold snap
Mental daze
Walked outside
Attacks by bear
Leg torn off
Walks back
Heals self up
Gets infection
Has to amputate other leg
All good
Go's outside
Angry squirrels attack her
Dies

ruddthree

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 05, 2017, 08:02:16 PM
Quote from: ruddthree on August 05, 2017, 07:33:29 PM
I think you misunderstood the thread and its title .. cheer up ..
Oh, well I thought it was pathetic. I was referring to the deaths themselves, not the fact that I let them happen, but I suppose I could've reworded that differently.

Slimy_Slider

Quote from: Jumpingeal on August 06, 2017, 10:24:44 PM
Cold snap
Mental daze
Walked outside
Attacks by bear
Leg torn off
Walks back
Heals self up
Gets infection
Has to amputate other leg
All good
Go's outside
Angry squirrels attack her
Dies

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Rimworld in a nutshell.

Robb

I somehow designated a timber wolf to be tamed by accident....and my only decent animal handler was incapable of violence....now she is incapable of everything but taking dirt naps

kubolek01

Sadly I only lose animals, while bo colonists fall. Pretty weird huh?
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

squippy

I think mine was when I had only just survived a raid by mechanoids, and I had two colonists left.  One was in a medical bed, and the other was putting out fires.  The one fighting fires went into a mental daze, and the one in the medical bed was consequently burned alive.

Then the one with the mental break wandered off the  map and it was the end of the colony too.

crazyroosterman

Quote from: squippy on September 02, 2017, 09:36:22 AM
I think mine was when I had only just survived a raid by mechanoids, and I had two colonists left.  One was in a medical bed, and the other was putting out fires.  The one fighting fires went into a mental daze, and the one in the medical bed was consequently burned alive.

Then the one with the mental break wandered off the  map and it was the end of the colony too.
eh? I didn't know colonists having mental breaks could wander of the edge of the map?.