whats your most pathetic colonist death?.

Started by crazyroosterman, July 01, 2017, 01:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazyroosterman

basically what title implies im curious to see if there are colonists more pathetically underwhelming out in the universe than my zug.
basically he came we saved him from raiders he was just kind of okay at everything and had no combat skills he could fight he was just shit at it he was pretty much our hauler for a while.
and then he wandered into the forest found some wild mechanoids id willingly freed picked a fight with one and just kind of well......died I buried him out our fort to stop the colonists whining.

personally I consider that quite pathetic others might disagree and see that as simply underwhelming but I stand by my opinion.

Tomoe

Dying to my own steel deadfall traps.. head torn clean off after rearming it

Slimy_Slider

I was trying to level my the medicine skill of my doctor and decided to use force powers (Using the Star Wars force mod) to cause minor damage to one of my pawns. I drafted my Sith colonist and got her to use force drain on my hauler/janitor. I had used this ability before and it had always inflicted only minor burns on the body of enemies, before or since this incident. First use on my colonist instantly creates a brain burn and permanent brain damage. The injured pawn later died during a plague epidemic, not because he had the disease, but because my only doctor didn't get around to feeding him in time.

Salzig

my colonist decides to sleep outside in a cold snap. I didn't notice.

faltonico

Heart attack...
The thing is that i wasted time looking for the best medicine, the pawn died waiting on bed.

Nithydux

I let the game run after all my colonists got into space once, not only wondering how long the bunker's defensive perimeter would last on Randy Extreme (Nearly a full year before the third and final Vulcan Cannon was destroyed.), but to see if anyone could inhabit the bunker. (Which was claimed by insects within the first season of its abandonment.)

One particular colonist that tried to take shelter in the massive bunker was a pyromaniac and, as they do, went on a fire starting spree eventually. He walked into the industrial freezer that the bunker had, and set the forgotten rations on fire, trapping himself inside. The temp quickly elevated to around 20k Fahrenheit and he and the contents of the freezer melted in about 10 minutes.

crazyroosterman

Quote from: Nithydux on July 03, 2017, 01:26:45 PM
I let the game run after all my colonists got into space once, not only wondering how long the bunker's defensive perimeter would last on Randy Extreme (Nearly a full year before the third and final Vulcan Cannon was destroyed.), but to see if anyone could inhabit the bunker. (Which was claimed by insects within the first season of its abandonment.)

One particular colonist that tried to take shelter in the massive bunker was a pyromaniac and, as they do, went on a fire starting spree eventually. He walked into the industrial freezer that the bunker had, and set the forgotten rations on fire, trapping himself inside. The temp quickly elevated to around 20k Fahrenheit and he and the contents of the freezer melted in about 10 minutes.
now that is truly what I call a truly pathetic death................but I think the fact that you've left a massive sprawling ruin which generations to come will wonder about on that planet is truly the raddest thing ever!.

Dermeseti

Death by roof collapse. Well kinda. I had my Bob the Builder tearing down an old building to make room for something new and I forgot to tell him to pull down the roof first. It collapsed and caused a permanent brain injury. After about a season of the good doc caring for him I had her go ahead and put him to rest.

Griffy

I know this isn't pathetic or anything but i still wanted to share this. I got a mod that lets you customize your colonists so i made the entire mass effect crew Shepard, Garrus, Tali, Joker etc.. I also got a nuke mod, So a huge wave of mechs were coming and the crew i had could not defend against it so i did something very reminiscent of the mass effect 3 ending and i had Shepard grab the nuke and run up to the mechs and detonate it. Shepard didn't live but the rest of them did. I cried for 10 minutes.

crazyroosterman

Quote from: Griffy on July 04, 2017, 04:28:44 AM
I know this isn't pathetic or anything but i still wanted to share this. I got a mod that lets you customize your colonists so i made the entire mass effect crew Shepard, Garrus, Tali, Joker etc.. I also got a nuke mod, So a huge wave of mechs were coming and the crew i had could not defend against it so i did something very reminiscent of the mass effect 3 ending and i had Shepard grab the nuke and run up to the mechs and detonate it. Shepard didn't live but the rest of them did. I cried for 10 minutes.
tuttuttut how dare you! corrupt this thread with a pawn who not only did not die pathetically but could even be considered heroic sacrifice!.
this is the place for those who died for nothing! and will be forgotten by the generations to come!.

chastising aside that's actually pretty cool way cool to be included here you should probably put the whole experience up as its own separate story thread so more people notice it.

JimmyAgnt007

Walked in front of someone hunting, shot in the head, head was removed.

Slimy_Slider

OFWG

Quote from: Rimrue on July 04, 2017, 11:43:32 AM
Died smoking a joint. *sigh*

Similar, had a guy who was partway through detoxing from 2 different addictions go on a beer binge and died from the hangover.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

Mufflamingo

Bleeeee. . . . .