[1.1] Prison Labor

Started by Avius, July 16, 2017, 09:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avius

Also please report bugs,  I'm often not aware of many bugs and unless you tell me, I can't fix it.

Report bug

Trigon

I'm going to try with an older version of this mod and see if the recruiting problem persists.

Panth

I'm hoping this is still worked upon. Finally gives a reason to keep all those prisoners around. :D

Avius

Quote from: Panth on December 29, 2018, 04:47:37 AM
I'm hoping this is still worked upon. Finally gives a reason to keep all those prisoners around. :D
Yes but I need to delay patch 1.0

GileIG

Sorry Google translate
At time the trade with the caravan i was attacked by a hostile faction. After the battle, the rescued traders were in prisoner chains.
Turning off the mode has removed this effect.

Avius

Quote from: GileIG on January 09, 2019, 12:06:52 PM
Sorry Google translate
At time the trade with the caravan i was attacked by a hostile faction. After the battle, the rescued traders were in prisoner chains.
Turning off the mode has removed this effect.
https://github.com/Aviuz/PrisonLabor/wiki/FAQ#visitorssurvivorsothers-have-prisoner-chains-buff

fivehead

A few questions:

Recently I captured an attacking raider, gave her a prison cell, and forced her to work. However, her name is in green rather than the orangeish that the rest of the prisoners have, and she disregards the food restriction given to her. Is this a bug or some kind of prisoner resistance? She still does the work assigned to her.

Second is more of a request I suppose. When I go to the details of an upcoming bill, I see that I can make it assigned to only prisoners, or only colonists. However, if I want to specify a worker, I can only specify colonists, not prisoners. Just as a QoL change, would it be possible to implement this? In case I didn't explain this well enough, I attached a screenshot of what I am talking about.

Thanks!

[attachment deleted due to age]

Avius

Quote from: fivehead on February 17, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
A few questions:

Recently I captured an attacking raider, gave her a prison cell, and forced her to work. However, her name is in green rather than the orangeish that the rest of the prisoners have, and she disregards the food restriction given to her. Is this a bug or some kind of prisoner resistance? She still does the work assigned to her.

Second is more of a request I suppose. When I go to the details of an upcoming bill, I see that I can make it assigned to only prisoners, or only colonists. However, if I want to specify a worker, I can only specify colonists, not prisoners. Just as a QoL change, would it be possible to implement this? In case I didn't explain this well enough, I attached a screenshot of what I am talking about.

Thanks!
I don't know anything about green prisoners. There is slightly different color for prisoners-colonists but that's all.
Food restrictions don't work for every prisoners but fix is already in the way (it can wait a few months though, can't promise anything).
About selecting specific prisoner for bill:
There is some point in adding new features to prisoners where they became colonists. I want to leave some drawbacks for using prisoners.
You can seperate workbenches by separating cells of prisoners.

mcduff

Two questions.

I have prison outfits (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1507216525) and have put a single prisoner orange jumpsuit in each bedroom, but so far nobody seems to be putting them on. Is there something I'm missing?

Also, I have "cleaning areas" loaded but it's not making any difference - looking through this I see that there was a historic incompatibility with this mod, should I just disable cleaning areas?

Spodos

I don't have the prison outfits mod, but I get them to wear the orange foxfur clothes I make by putting it on a shelf in their barracks and stripping the prisoners.  Eventually they put them on.

mcduff

That worked for me for some prisoners but not for others. I managed to get three wearing them, but one guy was still resolutely wandering around naked.

rawrfisher

Exception in Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority TryIssueJobPackage: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[RimWorld.Faction,System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Thing]].TryGetValue (RimWorld.Faction key, System.Collections.Generic.List`1& value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ListerBuildingsRepairable.ListFor (RimWorld.Faction fac) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ListerBuildingsRepairable.RepairableBuildings (RimWorld.Faction fac) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.WorkGiver_Repair.ShouldSkip (Verse.Pawn pawn, Boolean forced) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PrisonLabor.JobGiver_Labor.PawnCanUseWorkGiver (Verse.Pawn pawn, RimWorld.WorkGiver giver) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PrisonLabor.JobGiver_Labor.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_SubtreesByTag:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob_Patch2(Object, ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob_Patch1(Object, JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick_Patch2(Object)
Verse.TickList:Tick_Patch2(Object)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Curious little error that went away when I took all prisoners off of construction.
Also had an issue with prisoners trying to run if I left their cell door open even when I had a colonist next to em.

Having issues getting an output log generated but will post one as soon as I get it.
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Malvir

Hi Avius,
first of all I'd like to thank you for this great mod and for all your effort.

I've noticed that several people (including me) here and on steam reported some issues with prisoners refusing to work. So I decided to make a test and share my results with you and everybody who might be interested.

So here it is:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JkBRnDvL8x02kDInblfyYqxqgNUonj_s/view?usp=sharing
I think that it's pretty clear but if anybody has questions feel free to ask me. The spredsheet allows comments so feel free to make them too :)

I also noticed that when I had "growing zone priorities" mod enabled pawns would ignore labor area and sow/harvest there.

Thanks!

Avius

Quote from: Malvir on May 29, 2019, 04:01:56 AM
Hi Avius,
first of all I'd like to thank you for this great mod and for all your effort.

I've noticed that several people (including me) here and on steam reported some issues with prisoners refusing to work. So I decided to make a test and share my results with you and everybody who might be interested.

So here it is:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JkBRnDvL8x02kDInblfyYqxqgNUonj_s/view?usp=sharing
I think that it's pretty clear but if anybody has questions feel free to ask me. The spredsheet allows comments so feel free to make them too :)

I also noticed that when I had "growing zone priorities" mod enabled pawns would ignore labor area and sow/harvest there.

Thanks!
Wow thanks, thats helpful for sure :D