[1.3] Animals Logic 🐾

Started by Oblitus, July 24, 2017, 10:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dellamorte

I have been taking a little break from the game and I will take a look next time I load the game.

Dellamorte

Quote from: Dellamorte on August 28, 2017, 05:03:07 PM
I have been taking a little break from the game and I will take a look next time I load the game.
With the bit of information you gave me I was able to track it down to Cybernetic Storm, I can provide logs if needed although this is a conflict with VAO so I probably should post the info on it's thread.

maculator

I really like "My little Planet", thanks for the mod. It's just the right thing to have if you want a close neighborhood.

One thing:
It is almost impossible to find. The search didn't help and its not in the threads title. I literally had to go through EVERY release thread to find it again. For gods sake please give it a thread.

Oblitus

Quote from: maculator on August 29, 2017, 07:09:48 PM
I really like "My little Planet", thanks for the mod. It's just the right thing to have if you want a close neighborhood.

One thing:
It is almost impossible to find. The search didn't help and its not in the threads title. I literally had to go through EVERY release thread to find it again. For gods sake please give it a thread.
It is kinda common practice here to consolidate small things together.

maculator

For my "My little Planet" ins't a small thing^^
It's one of my favorite mods! But I understand that a single thread is easier to maintain and the searchfunction of the forum is useless anyways. I saw its on steam and subscribed, steam is pretty neat to find mods.
Anyways thanks for making this mod!!

shadowstitch

How does Bonding work with Animals Logic enabled? By which I mean, what triggers it?
Does Bonding just randomly occur while an animal is set to a master?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: shadowstitch on September 05, 2017, 04:21:56 PM
How does Bonding work with Animals Logic enabled? By which I mean, what triggers it?
Does Bonding just randomly occur while an animal is set to a master?

I don't think Animal Logic changes the bonding mechanic.
Bonding can happen whenever an animal interacts with a pawn or vice versa.

Nuzzling, Treating, Training, husbandry.

It is more like Pawns being Lovers, than like assigning a Master to an animal.
A bonded animal/pawn like each other and the pawn gets a bad thought when he is not the master of an animal ( similiar to sleeping together )
It is still possible though to assign a bonded animal to another master.
Worst thing about bonding is the massive mood debuff that happens when one of both dies, and animals often go berserk when their bonded Pawn dies.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

shadowstitch

Hm, I have treated a lot of wounds on unnamed animals, and had a number of pawns get "nuzzled" and name an animal, but it's never resulted in a "bond." I've had my animal handler set as master for 5 dogs (and a few rhinos) for most of a year, training them all up, and not once has she gotten a bond with any of them. Maybe it was just more common in previous versions, or the frequency has been reduced in A17? I've read Zhentar's code explanation of how and why it happens, but I swear I remember my designated animal handlers bonding a lot more in previous builds. Like, one sorry dope with 18 handling inadvertently bonded with a dozen walking liabilities, something that hasn't happened to me in A17 at all yet. Not that I'm complaining especially, the constant buff/debuff was a little annoying. I was just curious if Animals Logic tampered with that mechanic (or the likelihood of it triggering.)

Oblitus

Quote from: shadowstitch on September 06, 2017, 01:51:55 PM
Hm, I have treated a lot of wounds on unnamed animals, and had a number of pawns get "nuzzled" and name an animal, but it's never resulted in a "bond." I've had my animal handler set as master for 5 dogs (and a few rhinos) for most of a year, training them all up, and not once has she gotten a bond with any of them. Maybe it was just more common in previous versions, or the frequency has been reduced in A17? I've read Zhentar's code explanation of how and why it happens, but I swear I remember my designated animal handlers bonding a lot more in previous builds. Like, one sorry dope with 18 handling inadvertently bonded with a dozen walking liabilities, something that hasn't happened to me in A17 at all yet. Not that I'm complaining especially, the constant buff/debuff was a little annoying. I was just curious if Animals Logic tampered with that mechanic (or the likelihood of it triggering.)
Bonding on healing has 1/250 chance. Bonding on interaction is quite rare. Usually my handler has 1-2 bonds after 5 game years. And I oftenly have 15++ animals on free roam.

IWannaChaos

Could you make baby and juvenile animals get a buff to successful training chances?

Oblitus

Quote from: IWannaChaos on September 07, 2017, 08:09:28 AM
Could you make baby and juvenile animals get a buff to successful training chances?
Technically yes. Not sure that I should.

jpnm92

Is this compatible with vanilla animal overhaul?

Oblitus

Quote from: jpnm92 on September 11, 2017, 09:52:37 PM
Is this compatible with vanilla animal overhaul?
Yes. And probably every other animal mod.

maculator

Hi would you mind putting language files up for animal logic? I'd love to translate the options and change the P and B to letters matching the german words.

Oblitus

Quote from: maculator on September 18, 2017, 11:13:05 AM
Hi would you mind putting language files up for animal logic? I'd love to translate the options and change the P and B to letters matching the german words.
Implementing all the multilanguage stuff just for this? Kinda looks like overkill.