[B19] Omni Core Drill - a deep core miner for *all* materials

Started by DoctorVanGogh, July 27, 2017, 07:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorVanGogh

The operator is not standing there with a hammer & chisel or jackhammer (like a miner) but is sitting in front of a console and pushing buttons, so yeah, it's crafting, not mining
Appreciate my mods? Buy me a coffee

lllMWNlll

Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on July 01, 2018, 09:55:20 AM
The operator is not standing there with a hammer & chisel or jackhammer (like a miner) but is sitting in front of a console and pushing buttons, so yeah, it's crafting, not mining

Putting like that... Makes sense...Ohh well let's rework the priorities again.

Canute

But the operator should have some mining skill for the expertise at which area he should drill.
And when you think no expertise is needed, then you can put an trained ape for the console or even better a smarter script.

I realy think you should switch the skill to Mining.

P.S. Don't forget to update Expanded Storage too ! :-)

Syrchalis

The unfinished mining plans deteriorate when outside/unroofed. I think that shouldn't be the case. Not that it really matters, it just looks weird reading that on them.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

MisterLock

So... I want to modify the output the mining at the Core Drill... But I cannot for the life of me get where should I look, I tried looking in both Buildings_Production_CoreDriller and WorkGivers_CoreDriller with Notepad++ but I couldn't find the different bill options that you get in game, is the output hidden in the Assemblies folder?
To each his own.

DoctorVanGogh

Quote from: MisterLock on July 29, 2018, 09:42:33 AM
So... I want to modify the output the mining at the Core Drill...
Silly colonist - trying to modify some xml. How 2017 ;)

Hit ESC, go Options, ModSettings, Omni Core Drill:

Most of the sliders or labels has tooltips with some short explanations.

MisterLock

I like so totally forgot that was a thing... please excuse my ignorance...
To each his own.

CH3N9

Doesn't work for me on Rimworld 1.0.1978.
Still able to spawn unfinished plan using dev mode. But bring the cursor to the item will spam the logs with the code:
Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at DoctorVanGogh.OmniCoreDrill.UnfinishedDrillingPlan.get_LabelNoCount () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Thing.get_Label () [0x0002f] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Thing\Thing.cs:302
  at Verse.Thing.get_LabelCap () [0x00002] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Thing\Thing.cs:314
  at Verse.Entity.get_LabelMouseover () [0x00002] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Entity.cs:16
  at Verse.MouseoverReadout.MouseoverReadoutOnGUI () [0x0043b] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\MouseoverReadout.cs:140
  at RimWorld.MapInterface.MapInterfaceOnGUI_AfterMainTabs () [0x00044] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\MapInterface.cs:123
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x000db] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\UIRoot_Play.cs:70
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x0004f] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:164
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.Root:OnGUI() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:169)

DoctorVanGogh

Quote from: CH3N9 on July 31, 2018, 09:01:23 AM
Still able to spawn unfinished plan using dev mode. But bring the cursor to the item will ...
Yes - Unfinished plans are not designed to be dev spawned.

As for the rest - works fine here...

Zebrin

One thing I hate about late game is how easy it is to literally strip mine your map of all resources. The lack of resources late game is more of a killer then the raids to be honest.

This makes certain late game builds viable without resorting to either hoping and praying for some asteroids to mine, or waiting for a decent trader to finally pass though.

The energy costs is perfect for what a late game base should be at, though I do wish that I could change it like I do resource gains.

Altogether, this is a great addition to the game. One that I thank you for making.
**Silence is the only answer to the mundane**

DoctorVanGogh

viperwasp

Okay this is awesome! This is exactly what I was looking for. Take your time when you can please update to 1.0 I need this.

Also... how hard it is for this to support materials added by a mod? I know low level modding I was able to add-on to other modders mods and expand them a little but only if it's fairly easy to do. Either way Vanilla only or mod as well this is good!

I read the description better seems it works with mods. Sweet!
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Faryzal2020

still waiting for this to be updated before firing up my 1.0 newsave :)
Check out my mod: Definitely More Cannons

makotech222

Just wanted to share, i recompiled the dll for 1.3 and it seems to work okay (current version had issues in the mod options menu, throws exception)

Uploading here for future users, just download the current main version in OP, then download this dll and overwrite the assembly.