[1.3] Mechanoids Extraordinaire (v1.3.2) - (21.07.2021 - Update #7)

Started by Spino, August 10, 2017, 07:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

evilbob

I'm using Raiderpedes B18 at the moment and this would be a great addition to my game  8)

Drglord

best are ever cool concept but i give up really... This with hardcore cassandra has me in tears no contigency plan can deal with 3 - 4 chimeras and 4 hounds that demolish your troops with nades.... i just give up.

Sandy

Hey, awesome mod, man.. thanks..

any chance we can get a mortar wielding mechanoid? works like a mechanoid siege event, if possible..

Kapun

There is a small problem with using this mod with CE. Vespas spawn with a charge rifle but with no ammo for it so they just try to attack stuff in melee which makes them really easy to defeat.

NutCracker

Hello dear sir. İ would like you to check ammo for mechanoids none vanilla versions have no ammo with them so i cant use your mod with CE. Also i tryed them at no ammo mod and they are pretty much very easy targets. vespas die in seconds agains KPV AP-I rounds. Also drop so much resource when they die so if i get raid in early stages its big boost to my colony. They also drop charge rifles with ion ammo they reck any mechanoid from very long ranges most of them cant even fight back. İ liked your images esp vespa is amazingly cute. İ hope you like my feedback on the topic.

mmance

Ruisuki

is this still being maintained? the steam comments mention the explosion shouldnt trigger if shutting down the mech. Though I gotta say im not a fan of the explosion effect if its a melee build. though a stunning effect would be nice. The mechs themselves look beautiful though, and vanilla desperately needs variety too....so im tempted. Ah

Spino

Quote from: Ruisuki on July 21, 2018, 01:40:14 AM
is this still being maintained? the steam comments mention the explosion shouldnt trigger if shutting down the mech. Though I gotta say im not a fan of the explosion effect if its a melee build. though a stunning effect would be nice. The mechs themselves look beautiful though, and vanilla desperately needs variety too....so im tempted. Ah
Yes, sorta. It'll be updated after the first stable release of 1.0 comes out. Explosion triggering on shutting down won't be an issue anymore, since mechanoids can't be downed in 1.0 at all.

rawrfisher

Current version of the unstable is they are allowed to be downed
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Ruisuki

Quote from: Spino on July 28, 2018, 05:46:03 PM
Yes, sorta. It'll be updated after the first stable release of 1.0 comes out. Explosion triggering on shutting down won't be an issue anymore, since mechanoids can't be downed in 1.0 at all.
whaaaaaat? then how do you remove scyther blades for instance? Also how balanced would you say the mod is? The melee builds seem very strong.

Spino

Quote from: Ruisuki on July 28, 2018, 07:20:26 PM
whaaaaaat? then how do you remove scyther blades for instance? Also how balanced would you say the mod is? The melee builds seem very strong.
I'm pretty sure scyther blades have been removed from the game altogether. Also, Scythers are now melee only, and there's a third type of a mechanoid, the Lancer, which is basically what the old Scyther used to be, just without the blades.
Honestly, I feel like this mod is just okay balance-wise. Could use some adjustments, which will be made once it gets updated.

Quote from: rawrfisher on July 28, 2018, 06:25:49 PM
Huh? I played it literally yesterday, and it wasn't possible to incapacitate any mechanoid. Was there an update that changed it?

Ruisuki

Glad to hear that spino. I am very impressed with the look of the new mechs, it really give them life. Its just the description of some of them sound like theyd be a bit too frustrating for me, specially if they cluster up against my colony.

rawrfisher

Quote from: Spino on July 29, 2018, 05:09:39 AM
Quote from: Ruisuki on July 28, 2018, 07:20:26 PM
I'm pretty sure scyther blades have been removed from the game altogether. Also, Scythers are now melee only, and there's a third type of a mechanoid, the Lancer, which is basically what the old Scyther used to be, just without the blades.
Honestly, I feel like this mod is just okay balance-wise. Could use some adjustments, which will be made once it gets updated.

Quote from: rawrfisher on July 28, 2018, 06:25:49 PM
Huh? I played it literally yesterday, and it wasn't possible to incapacitate any mechanoid. Was there an update that changed it?

Its rare but I have maybe 4 downed mechs every 12 hours of playing.  Also been trying the What the hack mod as well
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Roolo

Quote from: rawrfisher on July 31, 2018, 04:03:33 PM

Its rare but I have maybe 4 downed mechs every 12 hours of playing.  Also been trying the What the hack mod as well

It's because you're using the What the Hack mod. It relies on being able to down mechs, so therefore it re-adds the downing mechanic.