[Mod Request] Standardized Leathers

Started by SuicideRey, August 14, 2017, 10:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuicideRey

There are not that many leather mods out there, and most just add a recipe.
The mod that comes the closest to what I had in mind is the "Too many leathers mod" which I currently use.

The idea here is the removal of all of the vanilla leathers in the game, and their replacement with only a handfull of tiered standardized leathers, e.g suede (weak, comes from animals like rabbits or squirrels) regular leather(normal, cows pigs most common) tough leather (muffalo\elephant tough leather) lammelar(upgraded by a crafter with steel or plasteel studs reinforced leather) chitin (insects and such, on par with lammelar) etc.

Thanks for reading and please let me know if this is possible, peace.

The idea for this comes from a Dwarf Fortress mod.

kaptain_kavern

GenLeather by Spoon shortage adds a table for crafting different leather types into one generic leather. Kinda what you asked but not "automatic".

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=932113020

You can see in the comment section that we discussed the idea of making it automatic and Spoonshortage explained why it seems not like a so good idea (because we would lose the ability to use specific leather for specific purpose)

SuicideRey

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 14, 2017, 10:36:44 AM
--
I see, if it is as they say that is unfortunate. Thanks for the quick reply!
I do hope someone might find a way around it, or something.

kaptain_kavern

Not that productive, but hey I'm a thinker :

You could have all of them standardized via mod, and use a modded bench and/or modded recipes to craft good insulation leather, or reinforced leather, etc; on demand

SuicideRey

That would be a suitable replacement, yes!