How to stop pawns from wearing new clothes?

Started by Nameless, August 15, 2017, 08:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nameless

Is there a way to stop pawns from keep replacing their 70%~80% clothes with the new ones i made?

It gets annoying when they keep replacing the still fine clothes with newly made clothes.

Oblitus

Manually order to wear what you want. They don't replace forced wear clothes.

Syrchalis

Forbid them?

Once the tailor brought them to the stockpile you can just click them and press F, pawns won't use them then.

Personally I also dislike this system a bit. I don't like pawns taking clothes of their own, but I also dislike that you have to constantly "clear forced" when you tell them to put something on, in case someone's clothes drop below 50% and you don't notice.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Jibbles

I don't see anything wrong with the current system.  Pawns usually wearing something appropriate. I can assign by quality and hit points. Not like they prefer a shoddy shirt over a good one. Sell off apparel that's been used a bit if I have more than I need. Then there is force wear.

Shurp

Alternate solution to forbidding: create a separate stockpile for clothing with quality > 95%.  Then remove it from whatever default zone your colonists are running in.  Any time a pawn complains his clothes suck, set him to unrestricted so he can grab some fresh duds.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Canute

Quote from: Nameless on August 15, 2017, 08:43:44 PM
Is there a way to stop pawns from keep replacing their 70%~80% clothes with the new ones i made?

It gets annoying when they keep replacing the still fine clothes with newly made clothes.
What is wrong with the behavior to replace their 70% with a 100% apparel ?
Maybe you mean that the new made 100% is worser quality then the one they use ?
Then you should open the Assign menu, and modify their current outfit policy, so their minimal quality is the same of their current one.

skullywag

Its the fact that pawns will pick warmth stats over any other. So will pick a tshirt that offers better warmth over a button down shirt (that offers less warmth)  even though the armour coverage is better on a button down. I know there is a score apploed but warmth wins out for me which annoys me.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

skullywag

Possibly, worth a bash i guess. Might remove some of the more intricate micro i do with apparel. Thanks for the nod.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

cultist

Simplest solution is allow them to wear clothing only up to 99% HP. That way they will stay away from brand new items, but still replace worn items with newer items. 1% durability wears off pretty quickly and then you can un-force new clothes if you want.

Not really sure what the problem is though, unless you're producing a lot of junk items that pawns put on.

Bozobub

Quote from: Nameless on August 15, 2017, 08:43:44 PM

Make hats.  LOTS of hats.

They even come with snacks ;)!
Thanks, belgord!