[1.0 - 1.1] Genetic Rim - Combine animals to create new hybrids - v5.05

Started by SargBjornson, August 17, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SargBjornson

I have just added to Genetic Rim the Archotech Project, an endgame chain of technologies that allows you to WIN the game. Instead of building a spaceship and leaving the planet, you can research how to integrate and control an archotech AI inside a bio-mechanical body. Why would you leave when you can stay and kill all your enemies?

Seriously, the Archotech Centipede eats Mechathrumbos for breakfast. It can relax comfily in the warmth of its *reusable* orbital beams, one shot any enemy and use way too many special abilities. If you build one of these, it's game over, literally.

I have balanced the Project to be on the same level of difficulty as building the starship. Maybe a bit more expensive material-wise.

v4.5:

Added the Archotech Project
    Added all research, buildings and creature related to the Archotech Project
    Added TropickAPP Rainforest Mod compatibility for gene extraction
    Re-balanced medicine costs in human implants
    Added feline genes to the duplicator
    Added new categories for implants, genetrainers, etc, to avoid menu cluttering
    Made Catwolves able to haul again

Contralto

I have an interesting barn filled with raiders that I have implanted Boomalope nodules and muffalo mammaries to keep me supplied with Neutroglycerin and lulz.

I'm really glad the planet I'm on doesn't have a Hague or equivalent, but the populace may be rethinking that thanks to me.

tequilo

Does anyone knows why this mod breaks hospitality? I never get guests if genetic rim is active, although I still get notifications of visitors they just never spawn.

SargBjornson

Soooorry, not this mod. I use both regularly and never had any problems

Sandy

Quote from: SargBjornson on July 27, 2019, 02:56:38 PM
Soooorry, not this mod. I use both regularly and never had any problems
Hi, thx for the updates.. when u say game ending event, does it mean that if i build the archotech beast, the game will announce that i won, like it does when i launch the spaceship?
that wont be good bcoz i do want to fight using the beast..

Also, im using the Vanilla expanded, livestock mod.. it had bisons and i had some bison skelotons waiting to cremate.. then i built the gene extractor to extract muffalo gene, but my colonist used the bison skeleton to extract the muffalo gene..
i dont know if its ur mod or that mod's doing, but if u r planning to make hybrids for that mod, then u guys need to sort the difference between muffalo and bison..
and i didnt knew i could extract genes from skeletons, i even killed some of my farm muffalos.. what a waste..

SargBjornson

The game will say that you have won, but you keep your colonists so you can keep playing afterwards, and use the centipede to destroy all your enemies with (almost) total impunity. You can also keep playing after the vanilla ship has landed, but you usually don't because you don't have colonists :)

Bisons for the moment produce muffalo genes, yes, it's on purpose. If I decide to make a compat patch that will obviously change! Oskar was interested in collaborating, but real life got in the way.

Sandy

Quote from: SargBjornson on July 30, 2019, 06:14:18 AM
The game will say that you have won, but you keep your colonists so you can keep playing afterwards, and use the centipede to destroy all your enemies with (almost) total impunity. You can also keep playing after the vanilla ship has landed, but you usually don't because you don't have colonists :)

Bisons for the moment produce muffalo genes, yes, it's on purpose. If I decide to make a compat patch that will obviously change! Oskar was interested in collaborating, but real life got in the way.
thanks for replying.. just one more thing.. lets say i created the archotech hybrid and won the game and decided to continue playing.. now if i launch my ship, what happens? will i get a second winning notice? or they game just continue to play? sorry, i never launched the ship, a second time, before..

SargBjornson

Guys, girls, and other assorted things, I'm finally working on a Wiki, and adding as many creatures from multiple mods as possible: https://rimworld-bestiary.fandom.com/wiki/RimWorld_Bestiary_Wiki

If anyone feels like helping, it would be very welcome

JaJe

Genetic Rim makes Combat Extended mod unbalaced.
Explosive Sac is basically a unlimited grenade weapon and raiders actually abuse of it.

I hope Genetic rim makes the game compatible with Combat Extend or at least allow us to enable/disable explosives.
I ate without a table and I liked it.

SargBjornson

I don't touch CE, you'd have to ask the person who made the patch!

Ravenholme

Finally got around to playing a game where I managed to complete the whole Genetic Rim content, including a victory via the Archotech Project.

Really is great stuff, but I had one thought as I was playing with the Alpha Animal's patch (naturally!) as well - It would be quite interesting/nice to see Animal and Hybrid Human implants that use Alpha Genetic material as well. Although it is possible that the best uses might require something like Verb Expansion Framework (or Prosthetic Combat Framework) because then you could do really interesting things with the implants (Implanted Feralisk Spinnerets so pawns can throw webs, anyone?)

Also, is it just me or are there no Hybrid-Human implants involving active mechanites?

Anyway, great stuff, looking forward to any future updates for the mod! :)

JaJe

Can I suggest adding an optional event that randomly spawn genetic rim animals and decide if to hunt or tame? That would be sick.
I ate without a table and I liked it.

BabushkaJohn

Thank you for your mod, which is awesome! I have a problem - I use Genetic Rim with Alpha Animals + Patch (with many other mods installed) and see them work. I can control alpa-hybrids that I have obtained by taming or by Prepare Carefully, I can extract Alpha genetic material, but I cannot combine this material via recombinator and can make no Alpha hybrids. Do I miss something or it is some mod breaking game play? Thank you

BabushkaJohn

Thank you for your answer, I have looked attentivlier, and found the technology item to stay faaar hidden by the horizontal scrolling. Now it works. Cheers.