[1.0 - 1.1] Genetic Rim - Combine animals to create new hybrids - v5.05

Started by SargBjornson, August 17, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SargBjornson

I like that idea too, because there are no insectoid / rodent hybrids yet :)

A limitation is that I can't make the hybrids have low wildness, or else they show up as farm animals in the game's event :(

iainmud

I was wondering why they all had such high wildness!
I don't know how this fits in with your headcannon but surely quite a few of the smaller/tamer crossbreeds could easily appear as escaped experiments from other labs looking for a new home? Might not be the best solution, I dont know if this would be easy but you could have a submod that reduces the wildness of a lot of the tamer animals for those that dont mind a horde of bizzare creatures turning up unexpectedly.

Also my insectoid rodent suggestion: The Spelosquirrel. Combining the worker drone capacity of a spelopede with the hoarding instincts of a squirrel for maximum hauling capacity.

SargBjornson

Ok, regarding implants, it can indeed be done! Which makes me think why no one has done it before. I can even make implants that increase the pawn's muscle mass to produce more human meat when butchered...

... modding is turning me into more of a monster than playing the game ever did...

Canute

Did someone inject you some Modding implant while you sleeped ? :-)
But you arn't the first who totaly go into modding and playing only for testing.

Austupaio

Quote from: SargBjornson on February 20, 2019, 08:01:50 AM
A limitation is that I can't make the hybrids have low wildness, or else they show up as farm animals in the game's event :(
Just wanted to let you know that Tetraslugs can show up in the wild which I don't think is intended. A tribal raid came in riding three of them which was, well, a lot more challenging than I expected an early tribal raid to be.

Other than that fun, this mod, especially in combination with Alpha Animals, is proving to be pretty fun, if difficult to understand at first.

SargBjornson

Tetraslugs have a very, very low chance to appear in the wild, but they absolutely can! Like all random chances, they might never show up, or show up constantly :)

Austupaio

That's beyond cool, I love how ornate they are. The tribals need something to do in all that free time they have, not researching anything.

CrimsonPhalanx

Quote from: SargBjornson on February 12, 2019, 01:11:50 PM

That's so stupid... I love it. You gave me a weird idea: a mad scientist lab machine were weird and unusual projects can be researched

Great now I have more stuff to look forward to

Quote from: SargBjornson on February 20, 2019, 10:44:20 AM
Ok, regarding implants, it can indeed be done! Which makes me think why no one has done it before. I can even make implants that increase the pawn's muscle mass to produce more human meat when butchered...

... modding is turning me into more of a monster than playing the game ever did...
Won't a drug that gradually increases muscle mass by giving a hediff make more sense? maybe it can also multiple hunger rate too, so you'll have to time the butchering right or waste more food being eaten than given

whyareuhere

I installed the compatibility patches for Megafauna and Alpha Animals, and it turned each piece of compacted steel on the map (including the ones which I did not discover) into 1 piece of squirrel meat. Yep, I traded the entire map's supply of steel into less than 5 pieces of squirrel meat. Yay.

Strangely enough, no errors occurred. Is there any way in god mode to put back compacted steel in the map?

SargBjornson

Yeah, the megafauna patch does that, and nobody has any idea why... The patch itself is super simple and basically has the same code as the other three patches, that don't cause this... Seems to be some kind of weird vanilla error.

Austupaio

Good to know that wasn't just me ;D

Played pure vanilla for a long time when I got 1.0, when I decided to install all the mods I like, I found that bizarre squirrel meat bug. I had so many mods installed at once I had no idea which one caused it. Anyway, you can activate devmode, place thing directly, select compacted steel and just hit all the squirrel meat with that.

SargBjornson

Update is here!

v4.2:

Added saddles for Giddy-Up. Now all hybrids and paragons of suitable size (>0.8) will have a saddle when ridden
    Fixed graphic alignment issues with some hybrids to properly draw the saddles
    Re-balanced mechanoid hybrids. Now they are more "endgame"
    Poison and Psychic ships now drop a mechanoid chip, used to make mechanoid hybrids
    Mechanoid hybrids will no longer reproduce, even if other mods interfere
    Added new research to separate hybrid implants from humanoid implants
    Added many new humanoid implants. More to come
    Added hybrid implants to the last five rodent hybrids added, cause I forgot
    Fixed spine implants providing a double bonus

CrimsonPhalanx

Is there a typo in the hibernation module or am I misunderstanding something?

Description says it'll reduce the need for sleep, however the stats says the rest rate multiplier is changed by -50%