[1.1]Ancient Rim (28th Feb 20)

Started by koni, August 17, 2017, 07:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you preffer to add following content(Egypt, Persia, Gaul,..) put in separate mods or should I merge all into one?

Yes (separate)
23 (60.5%)
No (merged)
15 (39.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

justapawn_

Quote from: koni on August 17, 2017, 07:46:12 AM

Ave RimWorlders,

I've created a mod with the goal to expand the cultural and technological diversity of RimWorld. As the title says it is set in the ancient age.

Short description:

Ancient Rim will expand the technological timeline of RimWorld by a whole new age, filling the gap between the neolithikum and  the industrialization. The player will be allowed to dive into the experience meeting cultures extinct long ago in our timeline, making it more possible to his/her colony to live in luxury without the need of electricity. There will be a lot of new furniture items, weapons, armor and clothing as well as various other content representing each unique culture from our history.

Modules:
To allow the player to customize his/her experience Ancient Rim consists of multiple modules. These are...

The Ancient Rim Core Mod. It includes various shared contend like resources, crafting stations, research tabs and projects and items appearing in multiple cultures. You will need to download and install JecsTools before it.
AR_Core.7z

Ancient Rim Mediterranean Edition. Here we have the bunch of furniture items, weapons, armor and clothing representing the cultures of  the old Romans and Greeks. There are also some food items and crops important to Rome. It won't run without the core mod.
AR_SPQRim.7z

Ancient Rim Mediterranean Factions. Ever wondered how it is to be raided by the mighty Legions of Rome? This sub mod will add factions from the old Mediterranean Sea. You will be able to trade and fight with the Empire of Rome, the Kingdom of Macedonia (representing Alexander the Great), the Peloponnesian League (cities belonging to Sparta) and other Greek cities. You will need both Core and Mediterranean Edition.
AR_MediFaction.7z

Screenshots:

a small kitchen with an oil press ffor olives an furniture examples
colonists dreessed as legionaries equiped with new weapons + ballista
a smith' workshop with underground heater and Greek armor items

Credits/ special thanks:
Jecrell and his team(?) and his for creating JecsTools and leting me use the file GraphicApparelDetour.dll
Kobouch for creating and Syrchalis for updating[https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11022.0] Universal Fermenter[/url]
Marnador for his Font
sera13 for this little thing

Future plans:

• improving existing mods
  • ancient age: the Orient, China and India
  • 17th+18th century Europe
  • Aztec and Inca empire

Because of that there is many stuff I wan to add I don't think I get everything done by myself in foreseeable time. I'm happy for everyone willing to contribute his/her talent to help me out.

If there is anything special you want to see in here, just tell it in the comment.

Licence: Actually there is no licence, do what ever you want, but please give credits.

Is this updated for Rimworld 1.0?

koni

I'm sorry for that I was not able to update the mod for the last few month. It's just because I had no time. But I am back now with a new version of AR for Rimworld 1.0.
I've made the following changes:

• palisades are now impassable and not buildable on bridges, as they're only meant to stand on solid soil
  • sandbags aren't patched to use iron instead of steel any more, this is a modern technology
  • the whole research tree is overworked
  • electrical building and conduits need now copper
  • ancient tables can be gather spots, oil lamps are buildable on tables
  • raids haven't that many warriors any more
  • all clothing except coats are worn directly on skin
  • mosaics are crafted a bit faster
  • overworked various textures
  • wine is temporary disabled because the fermenting barrel was too bugged, wine comes
  • back until I figured out where the problem was
  • bulk smelting of bronze and steel is now possible at the electric smelter
  • various other small changes and balancing
I hope you like it

TheCritzHimself

it's nice to see this being updated. this was the first mod I got of the forums back in b18. say, are you going to put this steam workshop anytime soon?

Silas_

Thanks Koni, this mod is totally unique and best quality.  The best medieval/ancient type mod for rimworld.

Czer

Hello, great mod but am I missing something I can't seem to make Lorica hamata armor, I'm using medieval times and CE which shouldnt screw with the mod. Yet I have the Mediterranean smithy and I don't see it under recipes.

Deer87

Quote from: Czer on March 10, 2019, 11:48:30 PM
Hello, great mod but am I missing something I can't seem to make Lorica hamata armor, I'm using medieval times and CE which shouldnt screw with the mod. Yet I have the Mediterranean smithy and I don't see it under recipes.

Wait, this one works with CE?!?!?

Also, Thanks Koni for a really cool mod for all us history nerds

Hydromancerx

@koni- Can you add the ability to use Momigalite from【ZP】Rice cultivating civilization mod to fuel your wood fueled items? I love using these two mods together.

koni

Quote from: TheCritzHimself on January 27, 2019, 05:25:11 PM
it's nice to see this being updated. this was the first mod I got of the forums back in b18. say, are you going to put this steam workshop anytime soon?
Yes, I'll put AR into the Workshop soon, maybe next week..

Quote from: Silas_ on January 29, 2019, 02:05:57 AM
Thanks Koni, this mod is totally unique and best quality.  The best medieval/ancient type mod for rimworld.
;D

You need to research mediterranean culture an chainmail/scalemail first.

Quote from: Deer87 on March 15, 2019, 03:49:09 AM

Wait, this one works with CE?!?!?

Also, Thanks Koni for a really cool mod for all us history nerds
I'm not aware that I did anything about CE compatibility, but ok. I shall look into it.

Quote from: Hydromancerx on March 28, 2019, 07:00:13 PM
@koni- Can you add the ability to use Momigalite from【ZP】Rice cultivating civilization mod to fuel your wood fueled items? I love using these two mods together.
I've uptdatet AR to your will ;)
Along with that you may now also use Medieval Times coal to fuel ancient forges. And other changes were made:

• wine is back
  • new textures for falx sword, wine and olive oil, stack textures for ballista ammo
  • 2 new clothing items: himation and light cape
  • armors and helmets are now restricted by crafting skills
  • tried another time to balance armors
Download links of SPQRim and Core remain the same.

In addition I'm announcing that I'll try to mod two new eras simultaneously. These are the ancient Egypt and something set between the Renaissance and Napoleon in Europe.

Silas_

Love this, by far the best pre-gun Rimworld mod.  Looking for ward very much to anything else you release.  Ancient Egypt sounds awesome!

koni

Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx

@koni - Can you make it so the oil press can use Olives for the Vegetable Garden mod too? And also make your Grapes work with Vegetable Garden?

Also in your Ancient Egypt mod will it have mummification? If so some ideas ...

- Work with the Vegetable Garden mod that has Flax and Linen for making Mummy bandages.
- Have Canopic Jars to hold organs.
- Allow corpses to have their organs removed and wrapped in the mummy bandages.
- Allow animals to be mummified too.
- Have special decorative sarcophagus.
- Add Kemetism religion to go with Religions of the World mod. With possible temple props.

EDIT: Also had some ideas for the Roman mod.

- Arched pillars for a Colosseum style look.
- Chariots to go with the Giddyup mod.
- Lyre instrument to go with the Musical Instruments Mod
- Gladiator style fights to go with the Prisoner Arena mod. If not the at least some props for it.
- Add Hellenism religion to go with Religions of the World mod. With possible temple props.

koni

Update news:

• Factions are now on steam
  • the factions relation to the player are adjusted
  • the Core mod doesn't longer overwrite research projects, these are patched
Download links remain the same

Quote from: Hydromancerx on May 06, 2019, 05:18:22 PM
@koni - Can you make it so the oil press can use Olives for the Vegetable Garden mod too? And also make your Grapes work with Vegetable Garden?

Also in your Ancient Egypt mod will it have mummification? If so some ideas ...

- Work with the Vegetable Garden mod that has Flax and Linen for making Mummy bandages.
- Have Canopic Jars to hold organs.
- Allow corpses to have their organs removed and wrapped in the mummy bandages.
- Allow animals to be mummified too.
- Have special decorative sarcophagus.
- Add Kemetism religion to go with Religions of the World mod. With possible temple props.

EDIT: Also had some ideas for the Roman mod.

- Arched pillars for a Colosseum style look.
- Chariots to go with the Giddyup mod.
- Lyre instrument to go with the Musical Instruments Mod
- Gladiator style fights to go with the Prisoner Arena mod. If not the at least some props for it.
- Add Hellenism religion to go with Religions of the World mod. With possible temple props.
-a patch for Vegetable Garden should be easy but it will remove AR crops and food to not clutter the game with similar items(two diffrent olive trees with diffrent conditions might be irrtitating)
-I guess I must speak C# to make a pleasant result for mummification that isn't just a crafting recipe that includes just a corpse and other items. But jars and sarcophagi don't seem to be a problem to add.
-Religions are already on my imaginary list of things to add. Zororastism an Asatru will be includeded too.
-Doesn't Giddy up just support animal riding? But Roman equites or Alexanders companion cavalary might be an interesting addition.
-Musical instruments are a beautiful idea. I'll see what instruments there can be too, like the Greek double flute.
-There will be gladiator gear. But how does one change a prisoners apparel?

Hydromancerx

@koni

- I believe the apparel you just drop in the prison area after you strip them.

- That's great news about the Religions! A Persian faction would be so cool! Same with Viking!

- Well the way i see it i you want to make corpses of both humanoids and animal be mummified you would have it be a replace that just replaces them with a new object such as a mummy item. I don't know how it would save the data of the person but it would at least allow for mummies to be made. Should be just like the venom mod where instead of getting meat from a snake it gives you venom glands. Thus getting a mummy instead of meat.

- And yes you can ride any animal. I was just thinking of some sort of custom animal gear. They have saddles and armor. But make it have a chariot attached instead. or even just chariot decorative items.

- Oh yeah the pan pipes would be cool. A brass horn would also be cool (google Ancient Roman musical instruments).

- Well i do like the crops you have that aren't available in VG. So please keep those. Also once advantage of your grapes and olives vs VG is that your can be found in the while while VG don't. I play it as those are wild grapes and olives and VG's are domesticated.

Hydromancerx

@koni

More ideas for the Egyptian mod ...

- Ankh staff as a social item for Kemetism.
- Papyrus crop that could be used to make scroll in the RimWriter mod. Which i think would work if you just made it a textile.
- Various Pharaoh head dresses as hats.
- Hieroglyphic decorative walls.
- Obelisk
- Scarab Beetle scupture