[1.2] Sparkling Worlds - Glittertech on the Rim

Started by Albion, August 29, 2017, 10:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albion

Quote from: NeoSono on August 06, 2018, 05:46:40 AM
yeah, you are right of course. But I still have railguns in game I just can't craft them. Blue Moon generously delivered those ;).
I can craft gauss rifle/lance and plasma rifle.
Well if you use another mod that adds said railguns and they use the vanilla weaponstag it is definitely possible that Blue Moon shows up with weapons that are not from my mod.
If you only use Sparkling Worlds though there shouldn't be any railguns anymore.

Canute

Misc. Core mod add Railgun's they arn't craftable if you use that mod.

NeoSono

damn, you should be able to see what mod added stuff to counter such confusion...

Canute

Hehe,
why did you think i suggested the namechanges to Albion a while ago.
I got 2-3 Railguns and 2-3 Gauss rifle in a gameplay once.
Can happen with people use popular names.

Albion

I could consider a little tag "This event/item was brought to you by Sparkling Worlds" at the end of every description. Not sure if it's necessary though.

By the way: I made a minor update to my mod to bring it in line with the latest build. As usual you can download it with the following Dropbox link for manual download.

NeoSono

No, just keep it how it is. I was more thinking back to minecraft where NEI or JEI showed what mod something was from ;).

Canute

Sure he could add a [SW] (sparkling world) tag before all his things.
Ok, that would made it more easyer to assosiate the items to mods, but it looks a bit strange.
But it isn't realy needed, most item's i encounter from mods got pretty unique names, except when you use many weapon mods that at Real life weapons.

Albion

I updated the manual download version to adjust to the changes in the latest build. Enjoy.
You can get it from the Dropbox link for manual download.

I'm currently working on some minor stuff but once I'm done I plan to release the mod on steam so I can distribute updates more easily to the steam users.

rawrfisher

I just started with this mod.
I'm wondering if the stuff on the opening post is current.  Also can there be mechs added to the  faction listed?
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Albion

The opening post is current for the B18 version. I'll update it once B19/1.0 gets officially released. There aren't that many changes though:
One new event - hunting lodge
Railgun got renamed to gauss lance
Explosives table was removed
New item - Lazarus mech serum

Those are the most important changes. I'm currently working on some additional minor additions and will provide a full changelist once I'm done.

Mechs are technically always in the faction list however they are hidden since you can't improve relationship with them and they have no outposts or settlements on the map.

rawrfisher

I should have worded my question about mechs better.
I was asking about the possibility you adding more mechs to the game with your mod in some form of event
Professional jerk

Albion

What do you mean by more mechs? More mechanoid types? Or maybe more events that have mechs as enemies?

There is a mod called machanoid extraordinare that adds a lot of new mechs. I think that one should satisfy your needs in regards to new mech types.

jalog100

Hi, i got this little fella
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/284cb26573c39aa8c86ca7b1afad1078
the error i got was
XML error: Duplicate XML node name comps in this XML block
i have the CE patch and nothing that should modify the Boomrat

rawrfisher

Quote from: Albion on August 18, 2018, 10:30:12 AM
What do you mean by more mechs? More mechanoid types? Or maybe more events that have mechs as enemies?

There is a mod called machanoid extraordinare that adds a lot of new mechs. I think that one should satisfy your needs in regards to new mech types.

I play on the unstable.  Mechanoids extraordinaire don't seem to have a version for the unstable. More mech types and more types of events involving mechs would be nice.  Maybe a mech factory using a custom mech faction as a world map event.  Similer to bandit camp or something.

Wishfull thinking on that would also be to allow players to capture and reprogram the factory to produce mechs that can be sent to the colony or used to attack enemy bases/reinforce caravans.  I know that something like that would be asking quite a lot but no harm in dreaming lol
Professional jerk

Albion

@jalog100: Apparently you missed the hint in the description that load order has to be Sparkling Worlds -> Combat Extended -> CE Patch
Anyway... I found the source of the issue, fixed it and uploaded the fixed version on Steam. It should work fine now regardless of load order (the patch has to be last though).

@rawrfisher: Well Mechanoids extraordinaire will be updated soon after the final release of 1.0 so you'll just have to wait a few weeks.
Regarding the mechanoids useable by players: It's possible but I won't programm it. In my opinion it would be to powerfull and gamebreaking. However I plan to include some more events in the future that will require enemies and mechs are a good enemy  ;)