[1.2] Sparkling Worlds - Glittertech on the Rim

Started by Albion, August 29, 2017, 10:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jalog100

Quote from: Albion on August 19, 2018, 05:58:14 AM
@jalog100: Apparently you missed the hint in the description that load order has to be Sparkling Worlds -> Combat Extended -> CE Patch
Anyway... I found the source of the issue, fixed it and uploaded the fixed version on Steam. It should work fine now regardless of load order (the patch has to be last though).

@rawrfisher: Well Mechanoids extraordinaire will be updated soon after the final release of 1.0 so you'll just have to wait a few weeks.
Regarding the mechanoids useable by players: It's possible but I won't programm it. In my opinion it would be to powerfull and gamebreaking. However I plan to include some more events in the future that will require enemies and mechs are a good enemy  ;)

mmm... yeah that explains a lot, i got other errors like not identifying the arm pen of the weapons but don't appear in the log because i edit the files, i will change the load order and try again

rawrfisher

Lol Just had an infested ship chunk event land on top of my base.  TOO MANY MEGASPIDERS!!!!!!!

Exception filling window for Verse.FloatMenuWorld: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'RimWorld.Planet.Caravan_PathFollower.StartPath'.
  at Verse.FloatMenuOption.Chosen (Boolean colonistOrdering, Verse.FloatMenu floatMenu) [0x0003d] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\DropDownMenu\FloatMenuOption.cs:171
  at Verse.FloatMenuOption.DoGUI (Rect rect, Boolean colonistOrdering, Verse.FloatMenu floatMenu) [0x00292] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\DropDownMenu\FloatMenuOption.cs:258
  at Verse.FloatMenu.DoWindowContents (Rect rect) [0x0013c] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\DropDownMenu\FloatMenu.cs:311
  at Verse.FloatMenuWorld.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x000d7] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\DropDownMenu\FloatMenuWorld.cs:56
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (Int32 x) [0x00223] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Windows\Window.cs:202
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Windows\Window.cs:206)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\IMGUI\Managed\GUI.cs:1817)

Triggers when I try send a caravan to a doctor request.

output log https://git.io/fAJ6y
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Albion

Glad you liked the event rawrfisher.

Regarding the doctor event: I just had a quick glance before going to work and apparently some stuff in vanilla was changed that affected it. However I was unable to reproduce the bug in my local version.
Anyway: Once I get back from work I'll adjust the code so this might not happen again. Stay tuned. I'll update it in about 11-12 hours and post here again.

rawrfisher

The megaspiders forced me to release the centipedes and the hellhounds
Professional jerk

Albion

@rawrfisher: Can you download the latest version of my unstable version from the Dropbox link for manual download?
I didn't test it yet but I made some changes which should resolve the issue. Please let me know if it fixes it or the error still exists. If you don't have an active doctor request just trigger one with the dev mode via a world incident.

rawrfisher

I'll give it a try.  Tho having 30 infested ship chunks land just outside my base right after a zerg raid of mechanoids isnt exactly fun to deal with
Works fine so far will update if I see any issues

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.StorytellerUtility.DefaultParmsNow (RimWorld.IncidentCategoryDef incCat, IIncidentTarget target) [0x0001f] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Game\Storyteller\StorytellerUtility.cs:61
  at RimWorld.StorytellerComp.GenerateParms (RimWorld.IncidentCategoryDef incCat, IIncidentTarget target) [0x00003] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Game\Storyteller\StorytellerComps\StorytellerComp.cs:28
  at RimWorld.StorytellerComp_OnOffCycle.GenerateIncident (IIncidentTarget target) [0x00015] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Game\Storyteller\StorytellerComps\StorytellerComp_OnOffCycle.cs:99
  at RimWorld.StorytellerComp_OnOffCycle+<MakeIntervalIncidents>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x0019d] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Game\Storyteller\StorytellerComps\StorytellerComp_OnOffCycle.cs:91
  at RimWorld.Storyteller+<MakeIncidentsForInterval>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x001f0] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Game\Storyteller\Storyteller.cs:174
  at RimWorld.Storyteller+<MakeIncidentsForInterval>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x000c4] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Game\Storyteller\Storyteller.cs:135
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00055] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Game\Storyteller\Storyteller.cs:108
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00201] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:340
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:341)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:267)
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Game.cs:512)
Verse.Root_Play:Update() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Play.cs:99)

I keep getting this error but I dont know what its from.  I was wondering if anything stood out in it

Trying to get default parms for null incident category.
Verse.Log:Warning(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:59)
RimWorld.StorytellerUtility:DefaultParmsNow(IncidentCategoryDef, IIncidentTarget) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Game\Storyteller\StorytellerUtility.cs:57)
RimWorld.StorytellerComp:GenerateParms(IncidentCategoryDef, IIncidentTarget) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Game\Storyteller\StorytellerComps\StorytellerComp.cs:28)
RimWorld.StorytellerComp_OnOffCycle:GenerateIncident(IIncidentTarget) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Game\Storyteller\StorytellerComps\StorytellerComp_OnOffCycle.cs:99)
RimWorld.<MakeIntervalIncidents>c__Iterator0:MoveNext() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Game\Storyteller\StorytellerComps\StorytellerComp_OnOffCycle.cs:91)
RimWorld.<MakeIncidentsForInterval>c__Iterator1:MoveNext() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Game\Storyteller\Storyteller.cs:174)
RimWorld.<MakeIncidentsForInterval>c__Iterator0:MoveNext() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Game\Storyteller\Storyteller.cs:135)
RimWorld.Storyteller:StorytellerTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Game\Storyteller\Storyteller.cs:108)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:340)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:267)
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Game.cs:512)
Verse.Root_Play:Update() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Play.cs:99)

Looked and it has this just prior to the above error

https://git.io/fAUgj Output log if you see anything interesting
Professional jerk

Albion

Do you use a custom/modded storyteller? The error is because of a faulty storyteller def.
There even is an entry in the log you gave me for:
XML error: <incidentCategory>ThreatBig</incidentCategory> doesn't correspond to any field in type StorytellerCompProperties_OnOffCycle. Context: <li Class="StorytellerCompProperties_OnOffCycle"><incidentCategory>ThreatBig</incidentCategory>....
Apparently at some point in the past incidentCategory was renamed category and whatever storyteller you are using didn't update his code.

Therefore you might want to update/remove the faulty storyteller in question. However this is from another mod since I don't mess with storytellers.

rawrfisher

Got this at the start of a raid.  I did edit this post after realizing the previous error I had was exclusive to 1 mod and not a conflict with this one.
As for the storyteller thing I already reported it to the mod author but they dont have time to fix anything

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at SparklingWorlds.IncidentWorker_HuntingLodgeOppSW.GetLetterText (RimWorld.Faction alliedFaction, Verse.PawnKindDef animalDef, Int32 days, Int32 fee) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at SparklingWorlds.IncidentWorker_HuntingLodgeOppSW.TryExecuteWorker (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.TryFire (RimWorld.FiringIncident fi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Professional jerk

Albion

You're always coming with the weirdest problems rawrfisher...
Can you send a list again which mods are you using? Also I'm guessing you're still playing on unstable 19?
Do you have any non-hostile factions? Do you have any mods that add factions or animals?
It works fine on my end so I'm guessing it is due to a mod conflict.
Can you quickly start a new colony with just the Sparkling Worlds mod enabled and trigger a hunting lodge with dev mode? This is to make sure it is because of some mod conflict.
Thank you for your report and help in fixing this.

rawrfisher

Quote from: Albion on August 25, 2018, 03:19:13 PM
You're always coming with the weirdest problems rawrfisher...
Can you send a list again which mods are you using? Also I'm guessing you're still playing on unstable 19?
Do you have any non-hostile factions? Do you have any mods that add factions or animals?
It works fine on my end so I'm guessing it is due to a mod conflict.
Can you quickly start a new colony with just the Sparkling Worlds mod enabled and trigger a hunting lodge with dev mode? This is to make sure it is because of some mod conflict.
Thank you for your report and help in fixing this.
https://git.io/fAmmC output log

I'm an expert at finding weird problems
It does seem to work fine with just your mod and hugs lib
Oh and the awnser to each of your questions is Yes Yes Yes Yes No
Professional jerk

Albion

Well in that case it seems to be a mod conflict. My first guess is the Orassans mod. Can you try to start a new colony with both Sparkling Worlds and the Orassans mod? If the event still works please try it with half the modlist and basically narrow it down until you got a rather small list or narrowed it down to just one mod.
I don't have all those mods myself and it would take me forever to do that myself. Hunting down 80 different mods takes a while.
Once I know which mods are the cause of the issue I can set out to fix it.

Sidenote: If you use Discord you could join my server and we might be able to fix some of those errors quicker because of a direct line of communication. Discord server invite

rawrfisher

Quote from: Albion on August 25, 2018, 04:13:24 PM
Well in that case it seems to be a mod conflict. My first guess is the Orassans mod. Can you try to start a new colony with both Sparkling Worlds and the Orassans mod? If the event still works please try it with half the modlist and basically narrow it down until you got a rather small list or narrowed it down to just one mod.
I don't have all those mods myself and it would take me forever to do that myself. Hunting down 80 different mods takes a while.
Once I know which mods are the cause of the issue I can set out to fix it.

Sidenote: If you use Discord you could join my server and we might be able to fix some of those errors quicker because of a direct line of communication. Discord server invite
Works fine with that setup.  Gonna test my own little theory about it.  I dont remember the details of what triggered that error but it could have been any number of things from the storyteller I had active derping to a mod conflict or even some 1 off incident

Tested with full list and I get the error but it seems to be a low proc rate error so maybe an edge case conflict? 
Gonna look at the error I posted before and see if its the same one I just drew

Theres subtle differences in the error but they indicate it was done via dev mode otherwise it seems to be mostly the same otherwise

4/10 tries failed to execute event.  Want me to post all the errors it throws on a fail?

Mouse position stack is not empty. There were more calls to BeginScrollView than EndScrollView. Fixing.
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Widgets:EnsureMousePositionStackEmpty()
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

This follows up the error when I get it in dev mode
Professional jerk

Albion

No offense but something seems to be severly broken  ;D
I created a new events assembly that writes some debug information which might be useful in finding out where stuff is going wrong.
Especially useful might be the line which gives various variable values. If any of those are null I at least know where to start.

You can download the assembly at this dropbox link. Just but the assembly into the assemblies folder of my mod and replace the current events.dll with it. It should start giving the debug info as a message in the devtool.
Try and create the error again and post some of the messages you got. Again: especially if one of the values is null it is very important.

Thank you

rawrfisher

Should I just copy the whole log?

Output log
https://git.io/fAmGf
10 attempts 3 failed 7 success's
I did a quick glance myself and what I saw suggests the orassan mod is responsible for the fails
Professional jerk

Albion

Well it's getting late and I forgot that null values will result in errors too so they won't get displayed in the first place.
Whatever values were displayed in your last log are the ones that work fine.

Can you please try again and re-download the events.dll file (from the same dropbox link as before)? I adjusted the log output and it should now mention which value is actually null and there causing the issue. This will help narrow it down.
Please post the whole log as before. It's just the easiest way and we can actually determine which factions are okay because they're the ones where the event goes through without issue ;D