[1.0] (v1.3.0) Rambo Weapons Pack

Started by masterjamie9, September 01, 2017, 04:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterMasada

Could I suggest the Mk. 18 Mod 0 grenade launcher? It was a crank powered belt fed grenade launcher used by the US in Vietnam, this video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09RKpXYuxyQ talks about it in good detail. I think it would be a good "entry level" AGL for a colony.

Also, I *think* I saw Kords mentioned before, so I have to ask (and I really hope this is a yes), are you planning on creating emplaced weapons that you *have* to install somewhere to use? I like man portable GPMGs and whatnot, but my pawns can't usually carry enough ammo for them to be useful, perhaps have two versions of some of these weapons, a fixed version and a man portable one.

masterjamie9

Quote from: MisterMasada on January 15, 2018, 12:41:45 PM
Could I suggest the Mk. 18 Mod 0 grenade launcher? It was a crank powered belt fed grenade launcher used by the US in Vietnam, this video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09RKpXYuxyQ talks about it in good detail. I think it would be a good "entry level" AGL for a colony.

Also, I *think* I saw Kords mentioned before, so I have to ask (and I really hope this is a yes), are you planning on creating emplaced weapons that you *have* to install somewhere to use? I like man portable GPMGs and whatnot, but my pawns can't usually carry enough ammo for them to be useful, perhaps have two versions of some of these weapons, a fixed version and a man portable one.
I've seen the Mk.18 Mod 0 and will definitely consider it if I ever consider mounted weaponry, but currently I'm keeping a focus on portable weapons.
Yeah, the kord's mentioned but it will be the infantry bipod variant, not the tripod mounted variant. Like I mentioned earlier I plan to focus on portable weapons. I know Kord machine guns are commonly used in a mounted configuration but they have an infantry configuration as well. I figured that there likely isn't a mod that adds any "mobile" high caliber machineguns.
Oh yeah also, if you find your machinegunners to run out of GPMG ammunition in CE (I'd reckon this most commonly occurs to you when you're caravaning), it's a good idea to either equip your machinegunners with squad automatic weapons (SAW) instead. These are machineguns that use intermediate cartridges. Their advantage is that their users can share ammunition with regular riflemen who hold assault rifles. Examples of these are the M249 (5.56x45mm), RPD and RPK (7.62x39mm) and RPK-74 (5.45x39mm).
Another option is to equip your standard rifleman colonists with battlerifles in the same ammunition as the GPMG instead.
Also base CE adds in the KPV machinegun and the M240B as options for mounted machineguns, if you find yourself missing mounted machineguns.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AseaHeru

With the MAS-36 lurking about, is there any chance of us getting the other french weapons utilizing 7.5x54mm French, such as the MAS-49, any one of the pile of random machineguns chambered for it, or the FR F1?
For that matter, with only one 5.7x28mm weapon added, any chance of other weapons using the same cartage, such as the AR-57 and the Five-Seven? In general, I would love to see more weapons to fill out calibers touched upon already within the mod.

Addition of the KS-23K to round out that series of wonder would also be grand to see.

DiamondBorne

Pardon my OCD but do you planning on add fluff description for weapons?

tombery8

I think some new crafting tables for this mod will help.
Table for simple gun
Table for more complex gun
Table for big gun
etc...

=> Will help player 's eyes from current longggg craft list  :P

masterjamie9

Time to unkill the thread.

Anyways, I haven't spent much time on updating, as you can tell from the long amount of time without any update whatsoever. Recently I've started working on the Heavy Ordnance update I was planning a while back which involved more heavy weapons and explosive weapons. To keep you guys from waiting any longer, and because I need a bit of balance testing, I'm going to release what I currently got done.

The only version I have is CE, which would only be compatible for B18, as I generally work through the CE version first and then update the vanilla version accordingly. However I intend to wait for 1.0 before bothering with working on the vanilla version. That means no "B19" compatibility.

Mediafire Download CE B18
Note that only new content is included in this update. If you want both the old content (which is most of the regular guns) and the new content, have Rambo Weapons Pack first in your load order, then Rambo Weapons Pack (HO Update).

New weapons:

Carl Gustav M3 (84x246mmR)
Recoilless rifle with basic capability. Comes with HEAT and HE rounds.

Hawk MM-1 (40x46mm Grenade)
12 shot revolver grenade launcher. It's high capacity comes at a cost though. Long reload time.

M1 Bazooka (M6 Rocket)
Old rocketlauncher from the second world war.

M1A1 Bazooka (M6A1 Rocket)
Improved version of the M1 Bazooka. Slightly better penetration and damage.

M9 Bazooka (M6A3 Rocket)
Further improved bazooka. This version comes with both HEAT and Incendiary rounds.

M72 Law (Single-use HEAT Rocket)
Basic single-use anti-tank rocket launcher.

M202 FLASH (M74 Incendiary Rocket)
Deadly 4 shot incendiary rocket launcher. Can fire all 4 rockets at the same time, or 1 at a time.

Norinco LG6 (40x46mm)
5-shot drum-fed automatic grenadelauncher.

PIAT (83mm PIAT Grenade)
Old British WW2 anti-tank weapon. Very short range, has both HEAT and Incendiary rounds available.

QLZ-87 (35x32mm Grenade)
5-shot drum-fed automatic grenadelauncher. Utilizes high velocity grenades for longer ranges.

RG-6 (40mm VOG-25 Grenade)
6-shot revolver grenade launcher. Caseless ammunition allows for a slight faster reload time compared to other grenadelauncher.

RGM-40 Kastet (40mm VOG-25 Grenade)
Single-shot grenade launcher. Caseless ammunition allows for a slight faster reload time compared to other grenadelauncher.

RPG-7 and RPG-7V (PG-7 Rocket)

RPG-28 Klyukva (Single-use HEAT Rocket)
Single-use anti-tank launcher. Really ridiculous amount of penetration.

RPO-A Schmel (RPO-A: Thermobaric, RPO-D: Smoke, RPO-Z, Incendiary) (Single-use rocket)
The RPO-A and RPO-Z are very powerful single-use anti-infantry rocket launchers. The RPO-D brings a very wide smokescreen.

Type 89 Grenade Discharger (50mm Type 89 Mortar Shell)
Mobile commando mortar. You can use it on the move, but raiders will do the same.

RT-20 (20x110mm Hispano)
Single-shot anti-tank rifle that uses 20mm autocannon ammunition.

6P62 (12.7x108mm)
Man-portable heavy machinegun. It has only 14 rounds in it's magazine, but perhaps you'll find some use for it when attacking other settlements.

Barrett XM109 (25x59mm Grenade)
Anti-tank grenadelauncher firing very high velocity grenades. Has options for HE, EMP and HEDP. An HEDP grenade (High-Explosive Dual-Purpose) is merely a HE grenade with fragmentation wrapped around the shaped charge, serving as an inbetween to HE and HEAT grenades.

Anyways, I'd love feedback on the balance of these weapons. Both from the player's side and from the raider's side (They will be having these new toys as well). Some things to look out for are:
-How well the QLZ-87 and Norinco LG6 operate, considering their automatic nature can bring quite a barrage of grenades upon whatever you want them to fire at, without being limited to a mounted turret. Along with how dangerous they may pose to you when in the hands of raiders.
-The danger of the M202 FLASH to your colonists. I reckon it may be a pain in the ass to see your colonists incinerated from a volley of M74's.
-The effectiveness of the RPO-A and RPO-D. They can bring quite a large explosion, even if they're single-use. If they're too easy to spam into raids I might nerf their explosion radius or increase the FSX needed to make them.
-The RPG-28 Klyukva. This is a seriously ridiculous rocketlauncher designed by the Russians with 1000mm RHA penetration. Basically, it currently has the most penetration of all man-portable rocketlaunchers in the world. I've made it so it can 1-shot mechanoids. If it's too easy to spam them I may increase the amount of FSX needed to craft them.
-The Type 89 Grenade Discharger. It might be a pain to have raiders pop up with these unannounced during regular raids.
-The 6P62. No longer will you be the only one using heavy machineguns. Raiders will spawn with these opposed to the KPV turrets you would have available.
-The Barrett XM109. Considering it's basically a sniper rifle with explosive ammunition, it might be overpowered as a 1-shot kill tool.

Now to answer some of the posts made that I've so far neglected.
Quote from: AseaHeru on April 05, 2018, 11:25:37 PM
With the MAS-36 lurking about, is there any chance of us getting the other french weapons utilizing 7.5x54mm French, such as the MAS-49, any one of the pile of random machineguns chambered for it, or the FR F1?
For that matter, with only one 5.7x28mm weapon added, any chance of other weapons using the same cartage, such as the AR-57 and the Five-Seven? In general, I would love to see more weapons to fill out calibers touched upon already within the mod.

Addition of the KS-23K to round out that series of wonder would also be grand to see.
I'll look into it. The Five-Seven and AR-57 are definitely in my plans. The Five-Seven'll probably come with the full HO update when that's done, but I'm focusing on the main part of the update first, the explosives.
As for the KS-23K, I can't quite remember if I've said this before, but the only reason I hadn't bothered with it yet is because there's no reliable information on it. Some sources state it's a pump action, some state that it's a semi-automatic. I've so far come to the conclusing it's a semi.

Quote from: DiamondBorne on April 13, 2018, 02:10:10 PM
Pardon my OCD but do you planning on add fluff description for weapons?
I've started doing this since recently but it'll be a long time before everything's done, so most weapons will stick with an empty description for now. I'm going to focus on the less known weapons first as they're the least known about and usually have the most interesting stories.

Quote from: tombery8 on June 19, 2018, 02:17:49 AM
I think some new crafting tables for this mod will help.
Table for simple gun
Table for more complex gun
Table for big gun
etc...

=> Will help player 's eyes from current longggg craft list  :P
I'm planning to add a single table for all the RWP guns, so that people don't have to see a huge list in their machining table when all they want to craft is some armor.
I'm not going to make multiple tables though, as eventually that just means that your base is going to be cluttered with tables.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

masterjamie9

Vanilla version updated to 1.2.2, which now works with Rimworld B19.
CE version will have to wait for Combat Extended to update for B19.

There hasn't been any real changes or additions. Stopping power attributes were added to weapons deemed appropriate. The weapons now require crafting skill dependant on the type of firearm and how complicated the firearm is. You won't need more than 7 crafting though, which is what's needed for a charge rifle.

The vanilla steamversion has also been updated to B19. If you're still using B18 Rimworld and want to revert your Rambo Weapons Pack back to B18 to keep your save working, get the mediafire download for 1.2.1 in the OP.

dyslexier

raydarken

By far my favorite weapons pack and the one which I feel is the most balance. Thank you for taking the time to work on this for us! ;D

dvegit0

i really want to use this mods, but i simpli can't, i need some way to organize the weapons, idk, another bench, different benches for different tiers of those weapons, because that fkng huge list in the machining table distresses me so much

raydarken

Quote from: dvegit0 on October 09, 2018, 07:24:45 PM
i need some way to organize the weapons,
Dub's Mint Menus is what you need friend!

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29043.0

You can also search items which is amazing.

masterjamie9

Mod's updated to Rimworld 1.0, although no changes really had to be made except for the version of the mod.
No new toys or anything, however I've added a workbench and dumped all the guns in said workbench, so you no longer have to deal with a massive bills fuckfest in your machining table. Instead, all of that goes to the Rambo weapons table, which for now will just be a lazily recolored machining table. You unlock the table the moment you research machining, just like the machining table.

Quote from: raydarken on October 10, 2018, 10:42:43 AM
Dub's Mint Menus is what you need friend!

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29043.0

You can also search items which is amazing.
That looks pretty rad, I'll probably recommend that around.

masterjamie9

Quick doublepost to notify a hotfix.
There was an issue regarding v1.2.3, the workbench lacked a WorkGiverDef, so pawns couldn't interact with the workbench. This has been fixed with hotfix v1.2.4.

The steam version has been updated accordingly. If you got the manual download version, check the OP for 1.2.4 or use the link below.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/657wf41stjz3q58/Rambo+Weapons+Pack+v1.2.4.zip

masterjamie9

CE version for 1.0 since I've been asked multiple times by daring people who pulled the github version of CE that half-works.

Changelogs:
-Added rambo workbench like in the vanilla version.
-M-47 Medusa:
--Removed ability to fire 9x18mm Makarov. 9x18mm Makarov actually has a slightly larger than 9mm bullet.
--Added ability to 7.62x25mm Tokarev and 7.63x25mm Mauser. While the caliber for these dimensionally identical cartridges is smaller than 9mm, the wider base fits fine into the M-47 medusa, allowing them to be loaded and fired, although without engaging the rifling of the gun.
-Browning Auto-5 renamed to Browning Auto-5 12g in prep for 20 gauge addition in 1.3.0 update.
-M79, China Lake and XM25 CDTE grenadelaunchers now require the new CE simple launcher research, instead of precision rifling.
-You may notice some work in progress descriptions in some of the assault rifles.

You can find a download link in the OP or right here

stem

could you consider adding the SAR 21 or BR18