[1.0] Smokeleaf Industry v1.14a

Started by larSyn, September 20, 2017, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Will you include at least one dirty hippie model? :-\

larSyn

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on February 02, 2018, 04:19:09 PM
Is the cartel/criminal faction mod going to be separate from Smokeleaf Industry? I hope so.

Yep.  It'll be ready to be used with SI through ModCheck, and it should work fine with all other weapon and drug mods.

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 02, 2018, 05:36:58 PM
Will you include at least one dirty hippie model? :-\

I think I'm gonna do the hippie faction too.  I want to try and do some clothing art.  I haven't gotten to do any of that yet.  Doing the guns for the gangsters was fun and I want to try and do a bit of everything with my modding.

Harry_Dicks

I can finally play the Jigsaw Killer from Saw, I will force these dirty prisoner hippies to get so high on some drug from your mod that it will kill them.

Vlad0mi3r

Quote from: larSyn on February 02, 2018, 05:43:52 PM
I think I'm gonna do the hippie faction too.  I want to try and do some clothing art.  I haven't gotten to do any of that yet.  Doing the guns for the gangsters was fun and I want to try and do a bit of everything with my modding.

I would like to see some hippie weapons added. Say smoke rounds for mortars that increase hunger and sleep. DMT dispensers that work like fire foam poppers anyone/thing that is hostile that enters the area activates the popper affecting everyone in the area with the same effect as a psychic shock lance.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Vlad0mi3r

Larsyn I am guessing you are busy with life etc but was wondering where we are at with the protein situation? My Pawns are still eating it over simple meals. Only one unit at a time but for some reason they love the stuff. My guess is the high nutrition content of the protein. I am no modder but is there someway to put it on par with a nutrient paste meal in desirability?

As always thankyou for this mod and the time you have put into it.
Mods I would recommend:

The Mod you must have:

larSyn

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on February 09, 2018, 04:31:24 PM
Larsyn I am guessing you are busy with life etc but was wondering where we are at with the protein situation? My Pawns are still eating it over simple meals. Only one unit at a time but for some reason they love the stuff. My guess is the high nutrition content of the protein. I am no modder but is there someway to put it on par with a nutrient paste meal in desirability?

As always thankyou for this mod and the time you have put into it.

Yeah been really busy the last week or so.  Got a big freelance job, really important, blah blah blah.  I wanted to get the faction mod out last weekend and it's still not ready (almost though, just have to test the problem I think I fixed).  I'll try and get an update out asap for SI too.  I added a couple more new things, and I'm still trying to figure out the protein(pretty sure I got it).  Not too mention I have Steam users saying that their pawns are using edibles to train the animals resulting in junkie pets... not sure why that's doing that either.  Don't worry though, I haven't forgotten, and I will get it all fixed.

Edit: Just noticed you recommend my mod!  Thanks!  That's pretty awesome.

larSyn

Smokeleaf Industry
Updated to B18-v1.9a

See OP for changelog.

*Edibles were made into Drugs.  This will require you to set up new Drug Policies, as the edibles don't appear in old policies*

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: larSyn on February 15, 2018, 07:45:17 PM
*Edibles were made into Drugs.  This will require you to set up new Drug Policies, as the edibles don't appear in old policies*

Nice update. Does this mean that teetotalers will not want to use edibles now?

Also, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, but I was curious and wanted to ask. Do you think you would ever release a sort of "lite" version of Smokeleaf Industry in the future? I ask because I really love your mod, and a lot of the stuff in it. But, for me personally, it is just a bit too much altogether. I might have to go in and just modify it myself if necessary. But if you were to consider this, I am thinking of something like maybe 1/3 as many items added in total, but keeping all of the workbenches. Is this something you would ever consider in the future? I understand if it's not, no biggie :)

larSyn

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 15, 2018, 07:57:35 PM
Nice update. Does this mean that teetotalers will not want to use edibles now?

Also, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, but I was curious and wanted to ask. Do you think you would ever release a sort of "lite" version of Smokeleaf Industry in the future? I ask because I really love your mod, and a lot of the stuff in it. But, for me personally, it is just a bit too much altogether. I might have to go in and just modify it myself if necessary. But if you were to consider this, I am thinking of something like maybe 1/3 as many items added in total, but keeping all of the workbenches. Is this something you would ever consider in the future? I understand if it's not, no biggie :)

Teetotallers probably won't want them anymore, no.  This was the best work around I could come up with for the 10 tick error and Handlers using them as training food.  It's not what I wanted, but for now, it should work...I hope :)

A "lite" version isn't a bad idea.  There is a lot to the mod and I could see some people not wanting all of it.  It wouldn't take long to make a stripped down version. Leave some thoughts on what you'd like to see.

In any case, this update will probably be the last content update.  I've covered everything I wanted to and then some, and would like to move on to some other mods.  There will still be bug fixes and optimizations, of course, and I plan on doing the strains add-on too, but I think SI is in a good spot to call done. 

Vlad0mi3r

Interesting stuff with the update will have a new look.

I was hoping to catch you before you updated as I have a request ::) . Can the refinery bill for make hempoline be adjusted so that there is only one bill but you can choose the ingredients. So one bill with seeds and hemp fibre as the possible ingredients.

My reasoning behind this is you will generally run out of either seeds or fibre before you have manufactured enough hempoline. It also means that your pawn working on the refining process will start running around the base looking for seeds/fibre when there is a glut of whichever one is second on the list.

Sorry I missed the update I hope this request makes sense.
Mods I would recommend:

The Mod you must have:

Ruisuki

Kori

larSyn

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on February 16, 2018, 03:32:39 AM
Interesting stuff with the update will have a new look.

I was hoping to catch you before you updated as I have a request ::) . Can the refinery bill for make hempoline be adjusted so that there is only one bill but you can choose the ingredients. So one bill with seeds and hemp fibre as the possible ingredients.

My reasoning behind this is you will generally run out of either seeds or fibre before you have manufactured enough hempoline. It also means that your pawn working on the refining process will start running around the base looking for seeds/fibre when there is a glut of whichever one is second on the list.

Sorry I missed the update I hope this request makes sense.

The request makes perfect sense, in fact it should have been that way from the beginning.  It was one of the first things I made and I didn't know as much as I do now.  I'll add it into v1.9b.  I just want to wait a little bit before I release it.  Make sure there's nothing else wrong.

As for the new stuff check out this article.  There's gonna be some really cool stuff hemp can do in the future. 

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 16, 2018, 03:39:36 AM
your art is amazing

Thanks! :)

Quote from: Kori on February 16, 2018, 09:37:49 AM
Very good update!

Thanks!  :)

photomike72

I really like the latest update but, one question? Before the latest update I was able to use smokeleaf seeds and hemp fibers to make chemfuel. Now with the v1.9a update I'm no longer able to make chemfuel from them. I deleted the bill and made a new one to see if that would make a difference but, no change. Is there something that I can do on my end to be able to make chemfuel again? or is there a fix you can do to change it back? Thanks

Madman666

Dat article man)) I can't wait for 1.9b!