[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Could you tell me please how the assembler was rotated when it vanished?
Or do you mean the inactive Mai?
If you mean the inactive Mai: that is wanted that it vanishes. It is the robot itself, where you just add some missing components and the program. :)

Ptolisgoodguy

Quote from: Ectoplasm on September 15, 2015, 06:48:31 AM
Quote from: Ptolisgoodguy on September 15, 2015, 06:03:12 AM
I seem to be having trouble with the bots. They do not seem to be activating when I try and activate them. If someone could either explain the problem or direct me to a post that does I would be very grateful. ;D

The 2 bot types you by from vendors just need to be installed then you hit the activate button. The MAI robot needs to be crafted first of all at the AI assembly table, then you select the robot (by the table once it's been built) And add a bill to activate it. Make sure you have a recharge station installed before you activate a MAI robot or it will self destruct when out of power.

I've had a table disappearing bug since last release, be interesting to hear if your AI assembly table disappears when you activate a MAI.

The problem is with the Hauling and Cleaning bots are not activating when I press the button.
I hear the voices... They are telling me to do terrible things... Sounds Fun!

Ectoplasm

Quote from: Haplo on September 15, 2015, 12:03:01 PM
Could you tell me please how the assembler was rotated when it vanished?
Or do you mean the inactive Mai?
If you mean the inactive Mai: that is wanted that it vanishes. It is the robot itself, where you just add some missing components and the program. :)

It was the AI assembly table itself that was vanishing - I built a MAI, then added the bill to activate it, and as soon as MAI came to life the table vamooshed, I think however the problem may of arisen after I updated to your latest build - I just deleted the old MAI + MISC folders, and unpacked the latest version, perhaps something therein caused the issue (is it a good idea to do that by the way? Update to newer mod versions on a active colony? Perhaps it's safer / wiser to wait until a new colony is started, so everything is fresh? I think I've answered my own question!). As for the rotation of the table, it was vertical, with the output circle where MAI appears once constructed on the western side of the AI table, hope that makes sense.

Ectoplasm

Quote from: Ptolisgoodguy on September 15, 2015, 02:43:47 PM
The problem is with the Hauling and Cleaning bots are not activating when I press the button.

I had a little compatibility issue with MAI+Robots and one of the bionic mods, changing the order the mods loaded in resolved it. Perhaps you could try the same. I have Core > Community Core Library > MAI > Miscellaneous_HiRes > Other mods.

Wonder Dog

There seems to be an issue with ccl mode ESM - Mine Vein order button disapearing if MAI+Robots is in the load order.

There are no warnings or errors in the log.

Changing MAI to load before or after makes no diffrence.

Haplo

That's strange, because as far as I know MAI doesn't change anything that's needed for the Mine Vein button.
Are you sure it's MAI that's causing the problem?

I'll try to reproduce it...
Edit: I can't reproduce it. As long as you add the CCL before the ESM mods, the button always appears.

Haplo

Quote from: Ectoplasm on September 15, 2015, 02:55:24 PM
It was the AI assembly table itself that was vanishing - I built a MAI, then added the bill to activate it, and as soon as MAI came to life the table vamooshed, I think however the problem may of arisen after I updated to your latest build - I just deleted the old MAI + MISC folders, and unpacked the latest version, perhaps something therein caused the issue (is it a good idea to do that by the way? Update to newer mod versions on a active colony? Perhaps it's safer / wiser to wait until a new colony is started, so everything is fresh? I think I've answered my own question!). As for the rotation of the table, it was vertical, with the output circle where MAI appears once constructed on the western side of the AI table, hope that makes sense.

I've tried it out, but am unable to reproduce it unfortunately.
My test assembler remains standing when Mai is activated..

The update shouldn't be a problem normally, but you are right, it is always better to start a new colony after you've updated. Who knows..

NihilRex

Quote from: Haplo on September 16, 2015, 01:26:50 PM
Quote from: Ectoplasm on September 15, 2015, 02:55:24 PM

I've tried it out, but am unable to reproduce it unfortunately.
My test assembler remains standing when Mai is activated..

The update shouldn't be a problem normally, but you are right, it is always better to start a new colony after you've updated. Who knows..

When the Assembler is rotated so that the interaction spot is on the right, the disappearance happens.  Never seen it happen when the interaction spot is on the bottom.  Never tried it rotated any other way.

Wonder Dog

Quote from: Haplo on September 16, 2015, 12:46:27 PM
That's strange, because as far as I know MAI doesn't change anything that's needed for the Mine Vein button.

Edit: I can't reproduce it. As long as you add the CCL before the ESM mods, the button always appears.
I could not reproduce either at first.

Ok further testing when generating a new colony shows its not your mod at all.

The designators disappear if I add, remove or move (change order) any mod in the list without exiting and restarting the game.

I tried with and without EdBModOrder active.

Ectoplasm

Quote from: Wonder Dog on September 17, 2015, 04:09:10 AM
Quote from: Haplo on September 16, 2015, 12:46:27 PM

I could not reproduce either at first.

Ok further testing when generating a new colony shows its not your mod at all.

The designators disappear if I add, remove or move (change order) any mod in the list without exiting and restarting the game.

I tried with and without EdBModOrder active.

Was just about to post that the vanishing AI assembly table issue was back. I did just try and add a new mod into the running colony (auto hunt beacon, and the beta power switch). Is there any log mode I could enable that could be passed up the chain to help get this resolved - would that be of use to anyone? Or I could pack the whole mod folder and %APPDATA% and upload somewhere.

Haplo

You can post the output_log.txt file. It's in the RimWorldxyz_data folder and will be overwritten whenever you restart the game..

Hmm, if I can't reproduce the bug, maybe I'll just change the inactive Mai to the minified version. That way you'll have to move it to somewhere else first.. Hmm..

Ectoplasm

Here you go. If it helps narrow it down I asked pawn Duke to prioritise the bill to activate a MAI.

http://pastebin.com/iFde8WTu

Haplo

Hmm, there isn't anything Mai related to be found in there..
The only problem I've seen is this, but I don't know which mod responsible is:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Find.get_TickManager () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorldIconMod.PSI.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Haplo

Update:
It looks like the rotation doesn't always work. Because of that I've changed the output of the assembler so that the minified version is produced. This way it should (hopefully) not delete the assembler.
If the assembler still vanishes, please let me know. Maybe I need to make a second adjustment..

Ninefinger

Quote from: Haplo on September 17, 2015, 06:26:06 PM
Hmm, there isn't anything Mai related to be found in there..
The only problem I've seen is this, but I don't know which mod responsible is:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Find.get_TickManager () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorldIconMod.PSI.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This bug appears to be from Pawn State Icons... if that is what you are wondering, if not, well at least I tried lol :)