[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yas

Quote from: Haplo on March 02, 2015, 06:23:01 AM
My goal was to provide a Miscellaneous variant that can be used with the vanilla game. A mod that only enhances the gameplay, but doesn't change the base experience of it.
Any thoughts about it?

Dont get it. Doesnt _any_ enchanching changing the experience? Power switches e.g. since u can avoid that "toggle-desaster-idea" a bit. But it alters experience.

Invisible power lines maybe not so much. But do you want to have a "invisible power line standalone mod"?

Since I like your mod(s) the only thing I could ask you for would be a modular approach like Enhanced defence or T's mod have it. So I have one pakage and can activate those stuff I like (or delete unwanted directories). That would be easier (for me) than having 3 or 4 mods or modpacks with more or less stuff.

Still, I like you can have MAI standalone now... or misc. w/o MAI. Why not put both in one package. Who dislikes MAI can delete it. Who wants just MAI can activte it at ingame and ignores misc.

Lehiim

it seems my MAI is just lying there i have Researched everything and set the bills have a person with all skills in 20 (just to be sure) and still nothing.... i dont get it what have i done wrong?

picture 1 claimed then billed
picture 2 unclaimed and billed
picture 3 one of the machine just to be sure.

any answers? cuz i really really want mai to work :P

Haplo

Do you have all the neccassary resources?
Normal Mai needs 40 Plasteel and 40 Gold.
Enhanced MAI needs 50 Plasteel and AI Core.

shhfiftyfive

i can't say i understand why my pawns were behaving that way. i just know that removing the printer fixed it.

not a huge loss to me i guess, since by my calculations, things that i would have wanted to replicate were asking for more steel than i was prepared to part with. i think other mods allow crafting said items for much cheaper instead.

i'll try it again in my next game and see if it causes same bug and report back if it does.

bullet

Dragoon

Quote from: bullet on March 03, 2015, 07:56:13 AM
-snip-
Wazzz no  M.A.I is not drunk you fleshbag this izzzzz robo...robotnics oilzz...AH AH AH
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

skullywag

Haplo, quick question regarding you MAI health code, how is this section working:Hediff_MissingPart hediff_MissingPart = missingBodyparts.RandomElement<Hediff_MissingPart>();
BodyPartRecord part = hediff_MissingPart.Part;
BodyPartDamageInfo value = new BodyPartDamageInfo(part, false, null);
DamageInfo dinfo = new DamageInfo(DamageDefOf.RestoringBodyPart, 0, null, new BodyPartDamageInfo?(value), null);
base.TakeDamage(dinfo);

inside DoHealMissingBodyPart, everytime i try to do this i end up with an ambiguous method call on BodyPartDamageInfo. Any help would be majorly appreciated.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

kaiserslash

Is there any chance you could break this mod down?  I really like the storage container and the trader incident, but everything else just wouldn't match my game.  That or if you could help me figure out how to do it myself.

Haplo

Quote from: skullywag on March 03, 2015, 06:15:47 PM
Haplo, quick question regarding you MAI health code, how is this section working:Hediff_MissingPart hediff_MissingPart = missingBodyparts.RandomElement<Hediff_MissingPart>();
BodyPartRecord part = hediff_MissingPart.Part;
BodyPartDamageInfo value = new BodyPartDamageInfo(part, false, null);
DamageInfo dinfo = new DamageInfo(DamageDefOf.RestoringBodyPart, 0, null, new BodyPartDamageInfo?(value), null);
base.TakeDamage(dinfo);

inside DoHealMissingBodyPart, everytime i try to do this i end up with an ambiguous method call on BodyPartDamageInfo. Any help would be majorly appreciated.

Then you're doing something different :)
What I do here is, that I find a random missing part and restore it.

Lines:
1. get random missing part Hediff
2. help variable to the actual part
3. make a new DamageInfo for the part
4. make a full DamageInfo to recreate the body part (note: here it is fully healed!)
5. apply new DamageInfo

What you haven't shown is the next part, where I reduce the part health to 1HP so that it needs to heal :)

skullywag

Im just trying to do the heal part, I had code that worked for A8 but some of the changes for A9 have me stumped in this section, im trying to heal scars and such (i assume they still show up as missing parts??)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Haplo

I'm not sure if a scar is a missing body part Def. Tynan did rework the health difs. Did he maybe change what scars are? It would make sense, but I don't know right now..

AN7AG0NIS7

Mai keeps trying to drink all the beer! Usually she does it once, fails and moves on to do other things.. Other times, she loops between drinking and failing until I make her prioritize a job.

MsMeiriona

Quote from: Lehiim on March 02, 2015, 04:38:42 PM
it seems my MAI is just lying there i have Researched everything and set the bills have a person with all skills in 20 (just to be sure) and still nothing.... i dont get it what have i done wrong?

you're lucky, I can't even get the bills to appear, let alone MAI.

There's probably a conflict somewhere.

Haplo

The inactive Mai should behave like a normal workbench. If it isn't doing that then most likely another mod interferes with the bills. Try to set Mai last in the mod load order. Do this by deactivating and reactivation the mod or by using EdBs mod order mod. Maybe that will work :)

AN7AG0NIS7

Quote from: Lehiim on March 02, 2015, 04:38:42 PM

Maybe the bills to activate her aren't being carried out because none of your colonists are qualified? I think there's a minimum Crafting level required to do that. Just a guess.. I built her pretty late in the game so my crafters are fairly competent..

(i just saw MAI vomit in the meat factory due to food poisoning.. Not sure what to think about that..  lol)