[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalFungi

I don't want to add to the nagging by any means, but man i miss killin' zombies :) Fingers crossed for a release soon, and Thank you for your modding efforts.

Shtuka

RickyMartini

I looked over the files to maybe continue his work, only hurdle at the moment is I would need a pc and not a tiny mac laptop. :)

Shtuka

Adamiks

In my opinion zombies in Rimworld are just annoying. You must take care about every colonists and you must lead by hand every colonists that decided to come out of the base. You must also look on all the map if there are any zombies. In general this mod is a bit.... weak without smarter AI (AI that will take care about yourself in danger).

I played some times with this mod and.... I needed to load autosaves every time when someone so stupid decided to pick up some resources next to zombies.

KoalaB

Quote from: Shtuka on May 18, 2015, 07:39:28 PM
One of the best mods is dead  =(

Could you stop nagging already and spreading misinformation? Justin was here just a week ago and said he is working on it. The only thing that whining like this can accomplish is dissuading a modder from being active on the forum, cos who wants to answer to things like this every second day?

Quote from: Adamiks on May 19, 2015, 07:06:54 AM
In my opinion zombies in Rimworld are just annoying. You must take care about every colonists and you must lead by hand every colonists that decided to come out of the base. You must also look on all the map if there are any zombies. In general this mod is a bit.... weak without smarter AI (AI that will take care about yourself in danger).

That's pretty much the problem in the game in general, not only here. But I do understand that part of the nuisance is caused by how zombies roam until they get aggro and you only get notified after you are bitten. Then again it's kind of climatic if you look at it from another perspective. I usually build a fence (I used a mod which creates cheap, weak fences through which you could shoot through) around the perimeter and close the gates so that no one wanders away from the safe zone. When I want to get resources from the outside I cleanse the map first. In other cases I would just risk random bites because I forgot about someone...
Now if you look at how the zombie genre works then in general there are basically two zombie dangers:
1) Zombie hoards overrunning the safezone (which works in this mod)
2) Somebody getting bitten by random cos he didn't pay enough attention (and this is kind of simulated by the low AI)

MagicalFungi

Completely agree with KoalaB. Don't come here and bash the mod, you don't like it then fuk off. We are here to support the modders and all they do for us. How ungrateful children can be....

Getting randomly bit by roaming zombies is part of the risk added by this mod, don't want them getting bit? Manage your colony better. This isn't a mod to make the game easier ya know.

Keep up the good work Justin, those of us not completely up our own ass are eagerly awaiting the release of this much beloved mod. :)

user was warned for this post

Adamiks

Quote from: KoalaB on May 19, 2015, 12:00:24 PM
Quote from: Shtuka on May 18, 2015, 07:39:28 PM
One of the best mods is dead  =(

Could you stop nagging already and spreading misinformation? Justin was here just a week ago and said he is working on it. The only thing that whining like this can accomplish is dissuading a modder from being active on the forum, cos who wants to answer to things like this every second day?

Quote from: Adamiks on May 19, 2015, 07:06:54 AM

That's pretty much the problem in the game in general, not only here. But I do understand that part of the nuisance is caused by how zombies roam until they get aggro and you only get notified after you are bitten. Then again it's kind of climatic if you look at it from another perspective. I usually build a fence (I used a mod which creates cheap, weak fences through which you could shoot through) around the perimeter and close the gates so that no one wanders away from the safe zone. When I want to get resources from the outside I cleanse the map first. In other cases I would just risk random bites because I forgot about someone...
Now if you look at how the zombie genre works then in general there are basically two zombie dangers:
1) Zombie hoards overrunning the safezone (which works in this mod)
2) Somebody getting bitten by random cos he didn't pay enough attention (and this is kind of simulated by the low AI)

Yep, i tried to make this bittes like "oh random bite in zombie world", but how do the fuck anyone can be "random bitten" when he just going INTO the horde? Low AI + Zombie mod = Severed nerves.

Quote from: MagicalFungi on May 19, 2015, 12:08:07 PM
Completely agree with KoalaB. Don't come here and bash the mod, you don't like it then fuk off. We are here to support the modders and all they do for us. How ungrateful children can be....

Getting randomly bit by roaming zombies is part of the risk added by this mod, don't want them getting bit? Manage your colony better. This isn't a mod to make the game easier ya know.

Keep up the good work Justin, those of us not completely up our own ass are eagerly awaiting the release of this much beloved mod. :)

"Don't come here and bash the mod, you don't like it then fuk off"

Oh, i didn't know that i can only post here if i like the mod in 100%! Thanks for telling me that! Fuck logic.... No more to say than - i suggest you to change a brain.

"Getting randomly bit by roaming zombies is part of the risk added by this mod, don't want them getting bit? Manage your colony better. This isn't a mod to make the game easier ya know."

"Don't like colonists going into the horde? Manage your colony better!". Also fuck logic. And you really don't know what word "easy" means, don't you? Do i wanna this mod be easier because there are technical problems that need to be fixed?

Tynan

Let's relax the anger, please.

Internet arguments are pointless. We all know that. The only winning move is not to play.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

KoalaB

Quote from: Tynan on May 21, 2015, 12:32:07 AM

Well, you know how it is, tempers get frayed during a rimzombie apocalypse.  ::)

Just to make thinks clear for everyone. I have nothing against a discussion whether a mod idea works or not for sb. I was just throwing ideas how to enjoy and get into the given mod.

Adamiks

Quote from: Tynan on May 21, 2015, 12:32:07 AM

Internet arguments are pointless. We all know that. The only winning move is not to play.

Sorry. I've broke the Space Law.

*Ship Earth-Poland 158 will be taked down in
1..*

*Welcome to Rimworld colonist!*

Justin C

At this point I think I am proof that Tynan's policy of never setting deadlines is the best way to go.

I had some free time to work on the mod, and then I didn't. Remember, this mod is one of the things I do for "fun", which means it just doesn't always make it to the top of my list of priorities. I should have made another post as soon as I knew I was going to miss the deadline yet again, but I was hoping I'd still have time to finish the mod instead of apologizing.

I plan on working on Zombie Apocalypse this weekend, but I am not promising when it will be ready.

Shtuka

Quote from: Justin C on May 23, 2015, 04:29:29 AM
At this point I think I am proof that Tynan's policy of never setting deadlines is the best way to go.

I had some free time to work on the mod, and then I didn't. Remember, this mod is one of the things I do for "fun", which means it just doesn't always make it to the top of my list of priorities. I should have made another post as soon as I knew I was going to miss the deadline yet again, but I was hoping I'd still have time to finish the mod instead of apologizing.

I plan on working on Zombie Apocalypse this weekend, but I am not promising when it will be ready.
May the Gods be with you.

Justin C

So, just a heads up, I've decided I'm going to skip Alpha 10 for now and just focus on having the Alpha 11 version ready for a day 1 release (but no promises!). I was going to do both, but I realized trying to finish both releases in such a small window will only lower the quality of the Alpha 11 release. I'd like to have the time to add a couple new fixes/features and do sufficient testing before the release.

Hopefully Alpha 10 will be the last Alpha I skip for a while, but again, no promises. With luck, by the time the next Alpha rolls around I will be in a situation where my free time is a bit more predictable.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog