[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coactum

I know what you mean - you had clusters that kinda waited around like the raids. But in all the time i've played, definitely had this issue. Someone would zombify without you knowing on a large map and just idle, then eventually someone would be out collecting things and get blindsided. But 99% sure, if there's no pathfinding they'll stay still a lot of the time. Try knocking down a bit of wall and see how they react on the whole, i'd assume a lot of them would start making their way to your base

crull001

Okay so I was able to figure out what is causing the idle. I had turrets behind embrasure walls. and then had the room sealed with a door. As soon as I deconstructed a wall the zombies all over the map would immediately start running for the turret. The zombie ai seems to take Turret as highest threat then everything else. it could not figure out how to attack my base with doors sealing the room.

RickyMartini

Is the 12d remake working as intended for people who already tried it?

Warforyou

Quote from: Skissor on December 16, 2015, 06:51:11 PM

Nope. Doesn't seem to work for me.

Jan2607

Quote from: Skissor on December 16, 2015, 06:51:11 PM

I don't know. It's day 88 now and I haven't seen any zombies...

Warforyou

Quote from: Jan2607 on December 17, 2015, 08:11:22 AM
I don't know. It's day 88 now and I haven't seen any zombies...

I had some of my dead colonists turn to mindless wandering zombies at some first days. Nothing was happening further on.

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: skyarkhangel on September 14, 2015, 09:26:46 AM

Zombie Apocalypse A12 SK

Unofficial update for Rimworld A12d by: Vuursteen, Skyarkhangel, Latta.

Additions:

• Support Korean, Russian language.
  • Zombie body patch. Makes zombies much stronger.
  • Zombie bite patch. Added special zombie bite attack.

download from dropbox

THANK YOU! I've been missing it!

But I have a question.
Why do you people make an update, then "hide it"? I've seen it done a few times before, and I still don't understand.
I've nearly missed it this time too, luckily I came here to gather information about an A12 release, when I happened to stumble upon a comment mentioning it.
Would you consider uploading it to the "released" sub-forum, as a placeholder until the author decides to take over it again, or abandon it completely?

I understand why you wouldn't "steal" another's work, but given credit and a link, wouldn't it be acceptable?

I'm asking that because I've seen a few mods updated by other people, like milon's [A12d] Canned Food 1.2 (update of JuliaEllie's mod).

RickyMartini

Because to change this posts name to Alpha 12 (updated), the updaters would have to contact the original producer of the mod to implement it, but he seems to be inactive. Other than that, I think that skyarkhangel has the risk of OP coming back and not wanting to accept that his mod was re-released, even if he is still credited. Then they would have to delete the new post.

I could be wrong but that's how I see the situation.

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Skissor on December 19, 2015, 07:41:22 PM
Because to change this posts name to Alpha 12 (updated)...

I'm not talking about this post, but a new one

Other than that, I think that skyarkhangel has the risk of OP coming back and not wanting to accept that his mod was re-released

Neither am I talking about a full take-over of the mod, merely a "placeholder", something that could be used until OP comes back to the land of living, or decides to abandon it completely.

Then they would have to delete the new post.

Yes. If OP comes back and disapproves of the updated mod, the it'd have to be deleted, most likely.

I could be wrong but that's how I see the situation.

You see well enough, still I think it'd be better than people possibly newer knowing of mods updated to A12, because they are "hidden".

I'd be really interested if it's possible (to me it seems it is), because it'd be really useful.

RickyMartini

Yeah I guess somebody should ask a moderator if it's okay to actually create a new post. I pretty much consider it abandoned by the original poster.

Florius

Omg, I totally didn't see that the mod was updated!

Thnk you so much guys ^^

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Florius on December 20, 2015, 12:16:45 PM
Omg, I totally didn't see that the mod was updated!
Thnk you so much guys ^^

To make zombies weaker:

Zombie Apocalypse_SK\Defs\ThingDefs
Races_Zombie.xml

Change this:
<basehealthScale>10</basehealthScale>

Kaballah

Oh, no wonder my zombies were so hard to kill, 10 times more hitpoints.  Who made that change, why?

TLHeart

Quote from: Kaballah on December 23, 2015, 09:11:05 PM
Oh, no wonder my zombies were so hard to kill, 10 times more hitpoints.  Who made that change, why?

look above at who updated it, and you will understand...

Kaballah

I re-read the last several pages and I see who updated it but I don't see any discussion of "gosh, it would be great if zombies had 10 times more hitpoints" or "okay, I have changed zombies to have 10 times more hit points and here's why" so  :-\  Using vanilla weapons and combat rules, the first couple of zombie incidents will pretty certainly kill your colony unless you wall up entirely and you can forget melee all together.

Easy to undo at least.