[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lithial

A little less frequent and starting smaller hordes on the higher difficulty would be nice, its mostly the medium and large hordes from day 10 because you built a steam generator so you must be rich thats the problem lol. Superior crafting adds alot of challege so even slowing that down when thats installed would be awesome

Iwillbenicetou

I use PA w/ Realistic weapons, and it's works well together. More damage, + more range :D Though more aiming time.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

blooshoo

Fun mod. I played a few rounds with it then installed Superior crafting. I walled myself off in hopes of delaying zombies and getting a feel for the new tech-tree, and in turn basically got a living wall protecting my colony. I just ignore the outside world and teched up..eventually the game engine starts getting slugish. Having a fun time setting up a maze now and let the tide wash over me. Blast doors go down almost instantly with enough zombies :)

Iwillbenicetou

Man, that is classic Left for dead with the huge hordes. That must be fun...
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

lance789

The archive is empty, did something happen to it? Can it be reuploaded please?

Somz

Still awesome, I just had the most epic last stand ever, I've even managed to "win", though my colonists were bitten so...Yeah. ^^

Anyway, I have a few ideas I would like you to consider!

1) Cure! Sounds bad, right? I propose something more risky. Infected but not yet turned colonists should be able to receive (expensive [how it could be expensive is up to you]) treatment which has a chance to cure the said colonist, aaand a chance to turn it into a rampaging, badass zombie. Thougher, faster, so you would basically gamble each time you try to treat someone... Though it would require writing yet another pawn kind def something I guess?
A normal zombie would do the trick too. Maybe.

2) To make 1) a little more easier, have time/resource for the cure, (...though actually I've never tried the vanilla... Hmm...) cryo sleep.

Also a question for 3), I've noticed that not all zombies attack. Sometimes over half remains at the edge of the map, wandering around aimlessly until a pawn walks into their "attack zone". Especially on bigger maps they tend to stay instead of charging on the colony.
Is it intended? It's a pain going out each time, killing those zombies refusing to move for their food... *sigh*
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Abrexus

Well, I have to say I am really enjoying the mod!  It started out as a test to make sure it was compatible with my Superior Crafting mod, but now I don't think I will want to play a game again without it.  Excellent work!

Daman453

I can't get a zombie attack to happen, Can i edit the code so i happens more often?
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

Justin C

Quote from: Daman453 on September 07, 2014, 03:24:42 PM
I can't get a zombie attack to happen, Can i edit the code so i happens more often?
Did you create a new world after installing the mod? Zombie attacks happen pretty regularly, so if they aren't coming that is probably the problem.

AY

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on September 01, 2014, 06:22:23 PM
I use PA w/ Realistic weapons, and it's works well together. More damage, + more range :D Though more aiming time.
Working on a new update with way shorter aim time and MG42, currently testing against zombie hoards  ;D

Daman453

Quote from: Justin C on September 07, 2014, 05:01:49 PM
Quote from: Daman453 on September 07, 2014, 03:24:42 PM
Did you create a new world after installing the mod? Zombie attacks happen pretty regularly, so if they aren't coming that is probably the problem.
Oh... I want to put my base under zombie attack, sorry

Xerberus86

f*ck it, i hate those mortar shooting siegers, next colony is with zombies....goodbye siegers :D.

Daman453

Still no attacks in like, 3 weeks, i got 1 raider attack. I have the Zombie Virus Active up in the active

Andellmere

Quote from: Daman453 on September 07, 2014, 06:06:25 PM
Still no attacks in like, 3 weeks, i got 1 raider attack. I have the Zombie Virus Active up in the active

Did you follow the advice of Justin C?
If you haven't recreated the world file for your colony you will wait until the stars grow cold for zombies to show up. The zombie faction is created when the world is and without that faction, no zombies will spawn.
If you wish to keep your current colony, you can recreate the world it is on if you have the seed for it and the factions should be regenerated.
If you have created a new world after enabling the mod, you have a genuine problem.