[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin C

Quote from: Andellmere on September 07, 2014, 06:21:33 PM
Quote from: Daman453 on September 07, 2014, 06:06:25 PM
Still no attacks in like, 3 weeks, i got 1 raider attack. I have the Zombie Virus Active up in the active

Did you follow the advice of Justin C?
If you haven't recreated the world file for your colony you will wait until the stars grow cold for zombies to show up. The zombie faction is created when the world is and without that faction, no zombies will spawn.
If you wish to keep your current colony, you can recreate the world it is on if you have the seed for it and the factions should be regenerated.
If you have created a new world after enabling the mod, you have a genuine problem.
This. Without the zombie faction, there are no zombie raids.

There is currently no way to apply the mod to a pre-existing colony. Sorry.

Daman453

Still no attacks in like, 3 weeks, i got 1 raider attack. I have the Zombie Virus Active up in the active

If you haven't recreated the world file for your colony you will wait until the stars grow cold for zombies to show up. The zombie faction is created when the world is and without that faction, no zombies will spawn.
If you wish to keep your current colony, you can recreate the world it is on if you have the seed for it and the factions should be regenerated.
If you have created a new world after enabling the mod, you have a genuine problem.
I created a new world to test it, No faction. Turns out in the code that <raidCommonality>0</raidCommonality>
   <canFlee>false</canFlee>
   <hidden>true</hidden> < Was true, then i did false. Now see the faction. I am no coder, but i think what i downloaded is kina broken
    <canSiege>false</canSiege>
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

Justin C

Quote from: Daman453 on September 07, 2014, 06:51:43 PM

I created a new world to test it, No faction. Turns out in the code that <raidCommonality>0</raidCommonality>
   <canFlee>false</canFlee>
   <hidden>true</hidden> < Was true, then i did false. Now see the faction. I am no coder, but i think what i downloaded is kina broken
Nope. That's all intended.

RaidCommonality is 0 so the game doesn't use the faction for normal raids. There is a separate incident for zombie raids.

The faction is hidden so it doesn't show up in the list of factions, because obviously zombies are not an organized faction. I just need it because all Pawns need to belong to a faction and all raids need to use a faction.

Daman453

Quote from: Justin C on September 07, 2014, 07:37:25 PM

<canFlee>false</canFlee>

RaidCommonality is 0 so the game doesn't use the faction for normal raids. There is a separate incident for zombie raids.

The faction is hidden so it doesn't show up in the list of factions, because obviously zombies are not an organized faction. I just need it because all Pawns need to belong to a faction and all raids need to use a faction.
Will it be fine being on the list? How about the code i just sent you?
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

Justin C

Quote from: Daman453 on September 07, 2014, 07:39:46 PM
Quote from: Justin C on September 07, 2014, 07:37:25 PM

<canFlee>false</canFlee>

Will it be fine being on the list? How about the code i just sent you?
I'm not sure how the mod will behave if you have it on the list.

In older versions all visible factions would be used in the raids. The RaidCommonality variable was added to get around that, so it shouldn't make a difference having it visible now. But since I haven't tested having the Zombie faction visible in Alpha 6 I can't say for sure.

Zeta Omega

We are just talking about normal zombies right....Not like resident evil, left 4 dead, or state of decay stuff....right?

Justin C

Quote from: Zeta Omega on September 07, 2014, 08:47:29 PM
We are just talking about normal zombies right....Not like resident evil, left 4 dead, or state of decay stuff....right?
Normal zombies. Think Walking Dead, without any kind of melee weapons. They are slower than living colonists and pretty easy to kill on their own, but in large numbers they can overwhelm you. And if one of your colonists is bitten they can become infected, and the infection will slowly kill them and then they will turn after they die.

And if you are unlucky the virus can become airborne, and people won't even need to be bitten to be reanimated on death.

KnightsCross

Hi Justin C uh, if you may can you tell me, how do you make the zombies to raid in huge waves? let say every week. cause i need it in my mod called "the great war" so basically i need an event that my factions mod will invade your colony. just like the zombieraid in your mod i'd appreciate it and would credit you in my mod really :) thanks in advance

thefinn

Will there be the opportunity to customise the frequency, size and timing of zombie raids in the future ?

All things being equal someone loading up your mod, likely isn't just loading up your mod, and game balance then depends on what mods someone has loaded - so being able to balance for yourself is important.

Reaper

is there a option to disable the airborne event? and if so how? I like the idea of this mod but that event kinda feels a little cheap to me, I want old school zombies before all this "last of us" "walking dead" airborne stuff happened.

welcomeHub

I think you can edit the save file, search "airborne" and remove the whole event quote(or change it to "VirusActive" event) will try to see if it works.

Reaper

which file? and i think editing the save will only stop the event once it has happened. I don't want it to happen at all

Justin C

Don't do that. That will break the mod.

Quote from: KnightsCross on September 08, 2014, 02:06:25 AM
Hi Justin C uh, if you may can you tell me, how do you make the zombies to raid in huge waves? let say every week. cause i need it in my mod called "the great war" so basically i need an event that my factions mod will invade your colony. just like the zombieraid in your mod i'd appreciate it and would credit you in my mod really :) thanks in advance
So you want raids to happen every week without fail?

I use a timer inside my custom MapCondition. At the end of the timer I run my zombie raid incident and reset the timer. That's really all there is to it.

Reaper

can you suggest a way to have it without the airborne stuff?

Justin C

Version 0.7.1 has been uploaded to ModDB and is awaiting approval. It should hopefully be available for download in a few hours.

Change log:
Quote- Fixed a mod compatibility issue. Now the mod should work fine with MAI.
- Made zombie raids start small early-game and ramp up over time.
- Increased the base chance of a traveler/raider being infected when it is spawned.
- The chance of a traveler or raider being infected when it enters the map now takes the difficulty setting into account.
- The frequency of zombie raids is now determined by the difficulty setting.

Quote from: Reaper on September 10, 2014, 08:25:16 PM
can you suggest a way to have it without the airborne stuff?
There's currently no way to play without the airborne incident. I will work towards having some way of playing without it in the Alpha 7 release, since there are a lot of people asking for it.