[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Justin the boomrat issue sounds like the "job interupt" from the explosion kicking in maybe. I dont know how youve coded this exactly but if it was only boomrats causing it, then the explosion or fire would be my guess.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Justin C

Quote from: skullywag on October 23, 2014, 03:57:42 AM
Justin the boomrat issue sounds like the "job interupt" from the explosion kicking in maybe. I dont know how youve coded this exactly but if it was only boomrats causing it, then the explosion or fire would be my guess.
Yes, it was the explosion from the boomrats causing it. They would become stunned/interrupted, then after an arbitrary number of times being stunned they would glitch and become unable to attack things, but they would still chase their targets down and stand next to them.

Anyway, this was back in Alpha 3 before the first public release of Zombie Apocalypse, so there's no point in speculating what the issue was now.

pajok

Hello!

If Zombies are friendly , MAKE NEW WORLD!!! and than new colony ..... worked for me.

Justin C

Quote from: pajok on October 23, 2014, 02:29:15 PM
Hello!

If Zombies are friendly , MAKE NEW WORLD!!! and than new colony ..... worked for me.
Really? That's good to know.

So were zombie hoards working fine? Was it just the ones being reanimated?

austinwelser

Not sure if this has come up or not but will my colonist's arm still be infected if it was a bionic arm?

Beutimus

CrazyRu55ian

It doesn't seem like this mod works for 7C. I keep getting screen errors and tearing. I turns my screen into a rainbow. Too bad :(

skullywag

Guys check your output log when you get the screen tearing usually theres an error in there that will help the dev. Its in the appdata locallow ludeon studios folder on windows.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

MaxtheINFINITE

Awesome mod,lots of fun,especially when caging a pirate and place a zombie near him.
B20A TD05-16g 276hp. Daily driven.

H_D

Hey guys, those zombie raids are becoming quite crazy. This is the latest one:
http://i.imgur.com/FucEWcp.png

http://i.imgur.com/4Hg5MiM.png (close up)

Shame there isn't way to count them all, but this horde has definitely more than 300 zombies. If you look on the second screen, on the left there is list of zombies on one square that I pointed.

Now, I can handle those, but my laptop isn't the newest and as you can imagine those numbers can affect performance quite noticeably. It also seems rather unbalanced since raider bands consist maximum 10 people and mechanoids attack in packs of 3-6. Storyteller - Randy, difficulty - middle one (I started with the hardest, but switched it because of zombie raids).

Is this normal? Can I reduce number of zombies somehow? I enjoy this mod so far, but It's getting riddiculous.

lordtijger

Quote from: H_D on November 07, 2014, 12:43:32 PM

Shame there isn't way to count them all, but this horde has definitely more than 300 zombies. If you look on the second screen, on the left there is list of zombies on one square that I pointed.

Now, I can handle those, but my laptop isn't the newest and as you can imagine those numbers can affect performance quite noticeably. It also seems rather unbalanced since raider bands consist maximum 10 people and mechanoids attack in packs of 3-6. Storyteller - Randy, difficulty - middle one (I started with the hardest, but switched it because of zombie raids).

Is this normal? Can I reduce number of zombies somehow? I enjoy this mod so far, but It's getting riddiculous.

i've had the same  :o
after a few waves that i did only test through debug menu i'm a bit stuck on being attacked by ALL THE ZOMBIES! with so much zombies my game freezes  :-\

H_D

After first two or three attacks every raid was "ALL THE ZOMBIES" attack, now I can defeat them only by making them chase my fastest colonist within range of the turrets. Another thing I noticed is how effective knives are against zombies, they die instantly or after two hits, while power claws take 5-6 hits to kill them.

Justin C

Quote from: H_D on November 07, 2014, 12:43:32 PM

Wow. That definitely looks like it is a bit much, especially if you are only getting 10 raiders at a time from normal raids. Can you send me your save?

Quote from: H_D on November 07, 2014, 05:18:41 PM
After first two or three attacks every raid was "ALL THE ZOMBIES" attack, now I can defeat them only by making them chase my fastest colonist within range of the turrets. Another thing I noticed is how effective knives are against zombies, they die instantly or after two hits, while power claws take 5-6 hits to kill them.
Knives and other stabbing melee weapons from the vanilla game have a chance of dealing a headshot, which is modified by the colonist's melee skill. This only works with weapons that deal cutting damage, since that is the damage that knives and swords deal in the vanilla game. If you are using weapons that deal a different kind of damage they won't get the headshot chance.

rdz1122

I have the same issues; after about 3 or 4 waves, the zombie count is so high my game becomes very sluggish, and I spend all my colonists' time carrying dead zombies to the cremation units.  Is there a way to cap the number of zombies?