[1.3] Vegetable Garden Project [10/23/2022]

Started by dismar, November 18, 2017, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

Quote from: frenchiveruti on November 28, 2017, 09:09:39 PM
Ah ok, sorry then.
I thought as the other user asked about it that yours was causing it.
Then I'll keep looking into what causes it. 
Thanks
I'm not saying that it is not my mods fault, I would just need a lot more information. There are mods that mess with filth in the game they might but running. They don't list any mods they are using or a debug log. Could be a corrupt game file steam does that all the time with it's updates :)

Mikuno

I saw disnof that get that bug on his stream, filth cleaned -3000x times and he does not run any VGP mods.

frenchiveruti

Quote from: Mikuno on November 28, 2017, 11:18:28 PM
I saw disnof that get that bug on his stream, filth cleaned -3000x times and he does not run any VGP mods.
Good to know! Do you know what mods does he use?
Because is a very troublesome bug, you can easily fix it with the "destroy" dev tool but it gets annoying when you see an exhausted pawn who couldn't finish his job.

AzharNoordin

Can i have tiny request??? Can you make a bulk recipe for the psychoid pekeo too?? thanks :)

dismar

Quote from: AzharNoordin on November 30, 2017, 12:02:19 PM
Can i have tiny request??? Can you make a bulk recipe for the psychoid pekeo too?? thanks :)

done! next update as it.

dismar

UPDATE!!!!

11/30/17
-Veg Garden - Animal Feed trough patch added back.
-German (vegetable garden only) and Chinese added (all mods).
-Canning factory finished.
-Garden Meds - Cigarillos bulk added
-Garden Meds - Research for bulk Psychoid Pekoe brewing and recipe.

11/28/17
-Canning factory added.

11/24/17
-Garden Tools : Language file was cleaned up and patch was optimized.
-Garden Fabrics : Language file was adjusted.
-Flowers and Trees : Language file was adjusted.
-Solent Production : Language file was adjusted.
-Garden Resources : Language file was adjusted.
-Garden Medicines : Language file was cleaned up and patch was optimized.
-Garden Drinks : Language file was cleaned up and patch was optimized.
-Garden Drinks : Alcohol names simplified and flavor text updated.
-Garden Drinks : Alcohol prices increased.
-Garden Gourmet : Language file was cleaned up and patch was optimized.
-Vegetable Garden : Patch fixed and optimized.

11/23/17
-Vegetable Garden : Olive Tree sow tag.
-All mods english language files.
-Garden Medicines : Updated Cigarillos art and use code.
-Garden Fabrics " Loom graphics updated.

bigheadzach

The Dropbox link appears to be broken. Based on what I'm seeing in the Steam Workshop comments there may be a few bugs to iron out. Do I need to wait a day or two?

dismar

Quote from: bigheadzach on November 30, 2017, 06:45:03 PM
The Dropbox link appears to be broken. Based on what I'm seeing in the Steam Workshop comments there may be a few bugs to iron out. Do I need to wait a day or two?

I did have to make a small change but the link is updated.

cst89

Hello, I would like to help with a translation of Vegetable Garden mod into Czech language. I'm ready for your instructions! Thank you for this awesome mod.

Spaceman

Found two small xml case-sensitive errors within VGP Garden Gourmet. In the file path Defs/ThingDefs/Def_Bases.xml, both the VG_TreeBase and VG_FruitTreeBase ThingDefs exhibit:

<visualsizeRange>...</visualsizeRange> which should be <visualSizeRange>...</visualSizeRange>
and
<wildClustersizeRange>...</wildClustersizeRange> which should be <wildClusterSizeRange>...</wildClusterSizeRange>

Essentially. the word 'size' needs to be 'Size' to prevent the errors occurring for mods which extend the functionality of your trees. Hopefully when you have time, you can make those small edits. These appear on both the Steam release and the releases linked here. I haven't checked through the other project mods except for the core Vegetable Garden where these case-sensitive errors did not appear.

Der Failer

Quote from: dismar on November 30, 2017, 05:29:18 PM
-Garden Meds - Cigarillos bulk added
And the recipe uses smokeleafs... that's the wrong kind of "Cigarillos" ;)

Some other Bugs/odd things i found:

• The (normal sized) sun lamp consumes more power that the heated version (1500W vs 1300W).
  • Canned meals don't "remember" its ingredients, so human and insect meat is just fine.
  • The canned meals recipe, by default, includes insect meat.
  • The neutro flower don't require any research (maybe intend?).
  • The (single) recipe for cigarillos and (single) recipe for Ibuprofen use drug production speed but requires crafting as skill, so a pawn who is incapable of intellectual will do the recipe and  result in this error:
Attempted to calculate value for disabled stat DrugProductionSpeed; this is meant as a consistency check, either set the stat to neverDisabled or ensure this pawn cannot accidentally use this stat (thing=Addy)
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32)
RimWorld.StatWorker:GetValueUnfinalized(StatRequest, Boolean)
RimWorld.StatWorker:GetValue(StatRequest, Boolean)
RimWorld.StatWorker:GetValue(Thing, Boolean)
RimWorld.StatExtension:GetStatValue(Thing, StatDef, Boolean)
Verse.AI.<DoRecipeWork>c__AnonStorey1:<>m__1()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I don't know if i pitched this idea before (if so can't find the post, so ...), but i think to balance advanced hydroponics basins a bit more, they should require some fertilizer to build. And if you feel like it and/or for the sake of consistency, make the normal hydroponics basins require some dirt. 'Cause you know it it's kind of hard to grow something on steel and some components. :)

dburgdorf

Quote from: Der Failer on December 02, 2017, 10:00:29 AMI think to balance advanced hydroponics basins a bit more, they should require some fertilizer to build. And if you feel like it and/or for the sake of consistency, make the normal hydroponics basins require some dirt. 'Cause you know it it's kind of hard to grow something on steel and some components. :)

Adding fertilizer as a requirement for hydroponics basins is reasonable. (And I've done that myself in "Fertile Fields.") But requiring dirt makes no sense, as the whole point of hydroponics is that it's a method of growing plants *without* soil. ;)
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dismar

And the recipe uses smokeleafs... that's the wrong kind of "Cigarillos" ;) I know 5 messages just this morning.

Some other Bugs/odd things i found:

• The (normal sized) sun lamp consumes more power that the heated version (1500W vs 1300W).Normal lamps turn off at night so have a higher "on" value.
  • Canned meals don't "remember" its ingredients, so human and insect meat is just fine.canned items have changed you can't make them with human and insect meat or insect jelly so no need to inherit
  • The canned meals recipe, by default, includes insect meat.see above
  • The neutro flower don't require any research (maybe intend?).Yes
  • The (single) recipe for cigarillos and (single) recipe for Ibuprofen use drug production speed but requires crafting as skill, so a pawn who is incapable of intellectual will do the recipe and  result in this error. ah this is what we call a bug.

I don't know if i pitched this idea before (if so can't find the post, so ...), but i think to balance advanced hydroponics basins a bit more, they should require some fertilizer to build. And if you feel like it and/or for the sake of consistency, make the normal hydroponics basins require some dirt. 'Cause you know it it's kind of hard to grow something on steel and some components. :)

Not really real hydroponic don't use dirt. They are normally made of plastic and have a nutrients in the water to feed the plants :) Like dburgdorf said maybe fertilizer but not dirt.
https://learn.woahstork.com/grow-cannabis/what-is-hydroponic-growing/

dismar

Quote from: cst89 on December 01, 2017, 01:16:44 PM
Hello, I would like to help with a translation of Vegetable Garden mod into Czech language. I'm ready for your instructions! Thank you for this awesome mod.

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av8997818/

Here is a video that will walk you thru how to make a translation. it's faster then explaining. 

cst89

Quote from: dismar on December 02, 2017, 10:27:56 AM
Quote from: cst89 on December 01, 2017, 01:16:44 PM

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av8997818/

Here is a video that will walk you thru how to make a translation. it's faster then explaining.

Thanks, but I couldn't understand a single word :( Also the video is not very good visible..  I understand I have to download some kind of software and open respective documents where I replace the text in english with the translated ones between the <codes>. Any other tutorial available?