[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LegendZero88

Hello, guys, I would like to ask if it is possible to edit points or the gaining of points for level up, or if I can edit the regeneration of mana, or if I can edit cooldowns. Practically I want to have op magic pawns, trough edits. :D

thanks

Hempflingclub

Quote from: LegendZero88 on March 22, 2019, 01:44:43 PM
Hello, guys, I would like to ask if it is possible to edit points or the gaining of points for level up, or if I can edit the regeneration of mana, or if I can edit cooldowns. Practically I want to have op magic pawns, trough edits. :D

thanks
You can edit the mana regenaration in the mod settings

LegendZero88

Quote from: Hempflingclub on March 22, 2019, 02:22:21 PM
Quote from: LegendZero88 on March 22, 2019, 01:44:43 PM

thanks
You can edit the mana regenaration in the mod settings

yeah but i want more than that. if someone can tell me which files i have to search, i willl be able to edit it :D

thanks

Maeyanie

Quote from: LegendZero88 on March 22, 2019, 02:26:05 PM
yeah but i want more than that. if someone can tell me which files i have to search, i willl be able to edit it :D

thanks

Unfortunately this mod is closed-source, so it's not possible to edit a lot of things.

Edit: Well... not easily, at least.

Cyperangel

H9i there. I am getting an annoying bug where my pawns no longer eat any food, and die from starvation. Despite them having a full fridge / freezer, and access to it via allowed zones.
The debug log gives the following error:

QuoteException in Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at TorannMagic.HarmonyPatches/FoodUtility_MinionMeat_ThoughtFromEatingIngredient_Patch.Postfix (Verse.ThingDef,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.ThoughtDef>&) <0x00019>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FoodUtility.AddIngestThoughtsFromIngredient_Patch1 (Verse.ThingDef,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.ThoughtDef>) <0x0014b>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FoodUtility.ThoughtsFromIngesting_Patch2 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Thing,Verse.ThingDef) <0x00280>
at RimWorld.FoodUtility.FoodOptimality (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Thing,Verse.ThingDef,single,bool) <0x00225>
at RimWorld.FoodUtility.SpawnedFoodSearchInnerScan (Verse.Pawn,Verse.IntVec3,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Thing>,Verse.AI.PathEndMode,Verse.TraverseParms,single,System.Predicate`1<Verse.Thing>) <0x001c7>
at RimWorld.FoodUtility.BestFoodSourceOnMap (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn,bool,Verse.ThingDef&,RimWorld.FoodPreferability,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool) <0x00603>
at RimWorld.FoodUtility.TryFindBestFoodSourceFor (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn,bool,Verse.Thing&,Verse.ThingDef&,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool) <0x002cf>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.JobGiver_GetFood.TryGiveJob_Patch1 (object,Verse.Pawn) <0x00223>
at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn,Verse.AI.JobIssueParams) <0x00039>
at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn,Verse.AI.JobIssueParams) <0x0056b>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Tagger:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Subtree:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob_Patch3(Object, ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob_Patch1(Object, JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

And as far as I can read it, the only mod that is mentioned in this, is the minion meat from the magic mod. So, help please?

Maeyanie

Quote from: Cyperangel on March 24, 2019, 05:22:01 AM
H9i there. I am getting an annoying bug where my pawns no longer eat any food, and die from starvation. Despite them having a full fridge / freezer, and access to it via allowed zones.
The debug log gives the following error:

And as far as I can read it, the only mod that is mentioned in this, is the minion meat from the magic mod. So, help please?

Yeah, I just posted about that one too. In my case, it was any food item made from LOTR's Lembas flour which was causing it to happen, but there are likely other modded ingredients which cause it too. Don't be fooled by the "MinionMeat" in the name, it's not minion meat itself which causes the problem, but rather the check-for-minion-meat-eating handler crashing when checking other mods' items.

Destroying all existing food with it as an ingredient and unchecking it from being used to make future meals worked around the problem, at least for me.

macbuk

Same error here, probably with some food from Vegetable Garden

EDIT: The problem seems to be honey from RimBees

Erthie

I'm sure that in 88 pages thread someone else already asked, but I can't find it.
How do I use gems? Once crafted what should I do to infuse them into equip?

Canute

Select a Mage.
Right click on a Gem, to pickup for enchant
Right click on a weapon/appareal to enchant, Mage need to have mana, not sure how much but you will find out if the enchant will fail.

xRg

a small question here: someone used this mod with combat extended?

jager666

Quote from: xRg on March 29, 2019, 03:56:12 PM
a small question here: someone used this mod with combat extended?

Yeah, I did, seemed to work fine but today the game grinded to a halt with dev log spam saying something about ElephantBow projectile ticking out of bounds. I guess they are not 100% compatible? Coudn't find any info on that.

DiamondBorne

A suggestion. Makes beneficial spell leaves good impression between the caster and the casted and harmful spell do the opposite. For example:

X healed me. (Heal, Advance Heal)
X filled me with courage. (Battle Hymn, Bestow Might)
X allowed me to walk again, I'm in debt. (Regrow Limb)
X poisoned me, that tree hugging snake. (Poison)
X needs to be lock up before somebody's head starting to explode. (Psychic Shock, Psionic Spell)

You might add whenever a black magic user like a Necromancer, a Death Knight or a Warlock/Succubus recieve a holy spell, they recieve a negative thought towards the castor instead.

X's burning light touched my Dark soul. Self rightous fool. (Heal, Bestow Might)

Gungnier

I just made a ring of malice and blood and even tho there is multiple options to repair stuff in this mod i dont think they should deteriorate like clothes when equipped.

Bug: when i gave the technomancer "perk" to a pawn with the trait ripper orb it got bugged in a way it still had spells like kinetic shield and sabotage from the get go, but in the magic tab it was stated i need a scroll to learn them and i couldnt put points into them. (i experienced the same bug with other classes too but its not that annoying cuz those dont need scrolls)

maybe bug?: with the death knight grave blade ability enemies sometimes dont get damaged in the circle or sometimes get damaged multiple time. Maybe it supposed to work like that, but im not sure.

Again not sure if intended: Blood mages blood sacrifice sometimes make scars which is logical but with a veteran mage kinda problematic. Altho this could be turned into an extra mechanic like a way to turn scars into those "scar tattoos" or transfer scars with Blood for Blood. Or at least only have scars on arms in one case my pawn half blinded itself with Blood sacrifice which is kinda horrifying.

notice: the magic tab should be really named something like "Tech" with the technomancer

Canute

QuoteI just made a ring of malice and blood and even tho there is multiple options to repair stuff in this mod i dont think they should deteriorate like clothes when equipped.
And why not ?
Does any mysterious force prevent bullets/strikes to hit the ring you equiped ?

Quotea pawn with the trait ripper orb
I never saw such a trait is that from Rim of Magic ?

About Blood mages, so far i know it is intended. And he is a Blood mage not a Scar Mage.
Maybe you should level up a Priest he got a spell to remove Scars.
Or let a Druid regrow the full Limb.

Gungnier

Quote from: Canute on April 04, 2019, 03:00:28 AM
And why not ?
Does any mysterious force prevent bullets/strikes to hit the ring you equiped ?

I think you misunderstood it deteriorates like clothes so it does by just existing theese rings should become stronger more over time with kills (altho i'm not 100% about this but based on description) but the ring deteriorates over time by itself so it will get destroyed after like realisticly 2-5 kills on the specific pawn.The speed of deteriorating looks same as a shirt or pants.

About Blood mages, so far i know it is intended. And he is a Blood mage not a Scar Mage.
Maybe you should level up a Priest he got a spell to remove Scars.
Or let a Druid regrow the full Limb.
Even if its intended it should be lowered in my opinion i had a blood mage in my run from the start and currently i used the "Blood Sacrifice" ability in 3 combats and currently i dont dare to use it cuz it does more damage compared to enemy pawns idk if i was really unlucky but the guy stabbed 80% of his own right eye out, cut of a toe and a finger so far. Going by this any blood mage becomes a "floor sweeper pawn" after like 5-10 combats max which i dont feel like supposed to be. Of course it can be solved with a druid+priest combination but priest is a rare class and i dont think a blood mage should require those classes to function.

And currently its pretty hard to get Blood as a resource cuz the "pure blood" upgrade lets it get blood from the floor but only the mage own blood works (i tried animals and other pawns too) (Unrestricted blood types turned on in the settings)

I never saw such a trait is that from Rim of Magic ?
trait ripper orb --> "Orb of Souls" item which looks like a green orb and it lets you take the traits of a living pawn and give those traits to an other. I'm pretty sure its from this mod cuz the orbs (there is a healing one and a "recruit" one too) mentions mages in the descriptions but there is a possibility its not.I will check it when i get home.