[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torann

Quote from: Prince Kasta on April 06, 2018, 04:49:36 PM
For the backstory you could just make it like:
A creature created from a human body by the practice of the dark arts, whoever the creature was before is no more.

I like it.

I added a prison labor compatibility patch a couple weeks ago, so that is probably what's interfering - what's the impact if you play the game with the error? 

Torann

Updated to v1.9.8 - this is the 'draft' balance update for people who are interested in providing feedback on the balance changes.
Available here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/tmagic/downloads/tmagic-b18-v1-9-8#downloadsform

The only ability that hasn't been changed is yet is Regrow Limb and will add that once Sihv is done with it.

mmance

My necromancer was running out of mana, so the undead started to disintegrate into mana.  When one of them went, I would get a spot on my screen where I could not get the menu to come up. (where the undead disappeared).  This is the error in my log:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.GridsUtility.Fogged (IntVec3 c, Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TooltipGiverList.DispenseAllThingTooltips () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MapInterface.MapInterfaceOnGUI_BeforeMainTabs () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

It looked like GridsUtility.Fogged only shows up in this mod.  I hope this is helpful.

Prince Kasta

Quote from: Torann on April 06, 2018, 09:05:52 PM
Quote from: Prince Kasta on April 06, 2018, 04:49:36 PM
For the backstory you could just make it like:
A creature created from a human body by the practice of the dark arts, whoever the creature was before is no more.

I like it.

I added a prison labor compatibility patch a couple weeks ago, so that is probably what's interfering - what's the impact if you play the game with the error?

I played some and didn't notice anything but I also don't have PrisonLabor, the error could only be a problem if the three mods are active together.

mmance

Just so everyone is clear, your summoner should never stave to death.  Please remember what they taught us at Magic Academy.  A minion a day equals three simple meals.  :-)

mmance

I didn't like the graphics for the elemental or the minion, so I made my own.  I enjoy the work on this mod, so I thought it only fair to share it with everyone.

GET IT HERE w/ Instructions... -> http://www.mmance.com/content/some-new-graphics-rimworld-magic-b18

Ashardalon

hey using this mod alongside HCSK and its great
most things work, minions need a CE patch, paladins tend to blow themselves up and zombies need to poo a lot but mostly working and a lot of fun

but now i have finished researching gemcrafting and i cant figure out how enchanting works
not sure if its because incompatibility or because i dont know how to do it
so am i missing some step?
pick up the gem with a pawn then with the pawn selected with the gem in its inventory right click on the gear you want to enchant
am i mistaken about how this works? should i just give up and abandon enchanting as incompatible with HCSK?

Torann

Quote from: Ashardalon on April 11, 2018, 01:16:07 PM
so am i missing some step?
pick up the gem with a pawn then with the pawn selected with the gem in its inventory right click on the gear you want to enchant
am i mistaken about how this works? should i just give up and abandon enchanting as incompatible with HCSK?
That's pretty much how it works.  I looked at HCSK and there's a ton of mods in that pack so it makes it hard to identify where the incompatibility might be, and nothing really stood out.

There are a few caveats you might check:
- make sure pawn with the enchanting gem is a mage (you shouldn't even be able to pick up the gem if you aren't, but...)
- items that do not meet vanilla definitions of Apparel, Melee Weapon, or Ranged Weapon cannot be enchanted
- mage pawn doing the enchanting has to have 50% or more mana, but the menu should still appear when you right click an enchantable item and show you how much mana you need

Are you getting the menu at all?  Or does it just not apply the enchantment?

Ashardalon

no menu at all
no surprise that it would conflict with hcsk, it kindof changes everything
it uses CE combat and weapons, could that be why its not recognizing things as weapons?
currently all my pawns are mages and had full mana when i tried
only got the pick up or force wear or the pick up and equip options when right clicking on a apparel or weapon
guess i wont have the enchanting part of the mod
not the end of the world, just need to figure out how to make zombies not need to poo and i can start my necromancer fortress
great mod!

FnordBear

Maybe a dumb question, is there a way for a ranger to unbond an animal companion (short of getting it killed)?

menchfrest

I have a question about regrowth, when I go to use the seed, it'll let me regrow any limb or organ.  Is it intentional that it wont let me regrow the spine or ribs?  Because between the priest and druid it seems like I can heal anything except bones in the torso.

Torann

Quote from: FnordBear on April 14, 2018, 01:41:22 AM
Maybe a dumb question, is there a way for a ranger to unbond an animal companion (short of getting it killed)?
I added some functionality to the animal bond ability in the latest updated that will let you use the ability on a bonded pet to dismiss the pet with no penalties.  The pet will still disappear.

Quote from: menchfrest on April 14, 2018, 09:36:54 PM
I have a question about regrowth, when I go to use the seed, it'll let me regrow any limb or organ.  Is it intentional that it wont let me regrow the spine or ribs?  Because between the priest and druid it seems like I can heal anything except bones in the torso.
I added "spine" to the possible regrowth surgeries. 

Rib should already be available but it suffer(ed) from an issue where you had to select the exact rib for the surgery to fix the broken rib.  I made it so when rib surgery is performed successfully it will fix all broken ribs, so think of it as a "regrow ribcage" instead of individual ribs.

Both fixes applied in the latest update (v1.9.8.5)

Ashardalon

a few things i have noticed
kindof an exploit for necromancers
raise dead cast on a corpse reduced to a skeleton gives a zombie that when killed gives fresh meat when butchered
not sure if its possible but would be nice(?) if butchered zombies didnt give meat

firemages also have some things that im not sure if working as intended
not sure if its because HCSK changes mechanoids but they suffer from the fear effect caused by the big fireball
mechs might have good enough ai to be terrified, but i dont know if intended

a less positive thing that happened because of fireballs
combat evolved mod currently has a bug where you sometimes shoot the wall infront of you instead of leaning out to shoot properly
this happened with one of those fireballs
my mage survived but once recovered enough to walk she fled in panic of the map and disappeared
90% sure it was the fireball induced terror that made her flee of the map

all of these could just be caused by combining it with HCSK but if not i though i should inform
atleast about the fleeing of the map thing  :o

Canute

Some things about the rift events:
- the rift should open just to one kind if elemental plane. And then just these kind elementals should come out.

- Then the rift should emitte the element around. The elementals should be immun to their element so they didn't get bother with it.
Fire: It should emite wave of heats, but temperature is outside pointless, i would say it should periodic ignite anything on fire. With increasing range.
Water/ice: like the poison ship, it would ice the ground around and destroy the plants at this way.
Wind/Lighting: Lighting cloud or storm
Earth: chunks and slag apear around it.

- Currently the corpses of elemental's are pretty useless, just the rift got goodies.
So i think when you butcher an elemental, you got some unrefined magictye.

Jernfalk

Quote from: Ashardalon on April 20, 2018, 02:39:13 AM
a few things i have noticed
kindof an exploit for necromancers
raise dead cast on a corpse reduced to a skeleton gives a zombie that when killed gives fresh meat when butchered
not sure if its possible but would be nice(?) if butchered zombies didnt give meat

firemages also have some things that im not sure if working as intended
not sure if its because HCSK changes mechanoids but they suffer from the fear effect caused by the big fireball
mechs might have good enough ai to be terrified, but i dont know if intended

a less positive thing that happened because of fireballs
combat evolved mod currently has a bug where you sometimes shoot the wall infront of you instead of leaning out to shoot properly
this happened with one of those fireballs
my mage survived but once recovered enough to walk she fled in panic of the map and disappeared
90% sure it was the fireball induced terror that made her flee of the map

all of these could just be caused by combining it with HCSK but if not i though i should inform
atleast about the fleeing of the map thing  :o

About raising zombies from skeletal corpses, wouldn't it be much more fun if that raised SKELETONS instead? Like, more fragile but faster than zombies?